Thread: The UFC Thread

DC would probably retire. I dont see why he would continue to fight knowing he cant be champion.

I like DC as a commentator and an analyst but I don't understand his rank in the UFC. Who has he beaten? An aged Dan Henderson that is 1-5 in his last 6 fights? Patrick Cummins, Lord of Tomato Cans? Roy Nelson? An aged Frank Mir who is 1-4 in his last 5? That weight class is just so dead at this point because all of the Light Heavyweights headed to Middleweight once they realized they stood no chance against Jones. I just don't understand how someone can beat up 2 geriatrics & a guy who has never fought in the UFC before (or any major organization to my knowledge) and be considered one of the best. I saw that Jones/Cormier fight and I felt really bad. It honestly reminded me a lot of Roy Nelson where he isn't going to get knocked out but it was just a lion playing with a chew toy and Cormier was just outclassed everywhere.

What weidman says at the end about vitors test levels.

Weidman called Vitor the fuck out.

I want vitor to win, them do a test for synthetic testo on him post fight, then him fail it and everyone go nuts. Pretty sure they can't do that analysis though by his results.

- - - Updated - - -

TRT Vitor Levels
    Feb 1st 2014 - 855.82 ng/dL.
    Feb 7th 2014 - 1,472 ng/dL

After posting 1400+ test levels, UFC started to ban Test Replacement Therapy.

TRT-less Vitor Levels after ban
    March 2014 - 201.45 ng/dL
    April 2014 - 165 ng/dL
    May 2014 - 142 ng/dL

This fight:
    March 2015 - 1200 ng/dL
    April 2015 - 500 ng/dL

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean come the fuck on. his testosterone level is swinging WILDLY, and he is claiming he has "Low testosterone" levels and needs therapy.

Really? Fucking really? Does anybody think hes NOT cheating?

- - - Updated - - -

I have no dog in this fight and frankly don't give a god damn about who wins. But this is stupid. Hes cheating. everyone knows it.
    You're a towel.

Well, technically he does need TRT based on his TRT-less scores. That being said, if you are at the point where your body isn't producing the testo needed to compete at the level needed, then you need to retire. I don't know why they don't look at previous test and see his huge jump in levels then be like OH HEY HES FUCKIN ON TRT!! There's rules to when they can test for synthetic testo and he isn't at that point yet, apparently its possible for someone to be that high, but if you look at his previous results there's no way. If you look at vitor though his career he looks juiced in every fight.

I don't think anyone thinks he isn't cheating. People have started calling him TRTor

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically, the fight is going on regardless of everyone knowing he is "Cheating the system" but not "Cheating"?

So if weidman dies in the ring due to a hit by someone "Cheating but not cheating", is it murder or manslaughter charges for the UFC?
    You're a towel.

I mean they let Jon Jones fight on cocaine lol

But you sign away any legal right to charges against NSAC and UFC most likely.

I think Weidman smashes Vitor whether he's on the juice or not.

I actually feel bad for fighters that are clean fighters but actually have TRT issues. Vitor has been caught in the past for steroid usage so there's no doubt in anyone's mind that he can and will cheat. I hope Weidman wins and Vitor will just retire so we can stop hearing about how he is the real champion and how he was a champion back when Weidman was a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've read people are more concerned about Weidman's extremely low levels of TRT rather than Vitor's high levels. Something about PED cycling. Idk what they are talking about, honestly, but thought I'd mention it here. Regardless, I'm excited. I've been a Vitor fan for a long time, even throughout all his bull shit. Just love his fighting style.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    I've read people are more concerned about Weidman's extremely low levels of TRT rather than Vitor's high levels. Something about PED cycling. Idk what they are talking about, honestly, but thought I'd mention it here. Regardless, I'm excited. I've been a Vitor fan for a long time, even throughout all his bull shit. Just love his fighting style.
    It is a valid point, he is low for the normal person his age. Especially an athlete.

Thing is, Vitor was prescribed TRT forever. He technically didn't cheat being on it. It was never against the rules until the change last year. Look at his numbers off, that is extremely low for his age. Some studies even show evidence of having testo that low leading to other health related issues. But like I said, its banned now and if he needs TRT to be healthy he needs to retire and just stay on it.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/23...of-reebok-deal - Good article.

I for one would love to know how Brendan Schaub is making "6 figures" (his words) from sponsors when a guy that is with what I would consider a more accomplished team as well as an overall more accomplished fighter is somehow making sub 10k'ish. I'm gna call bullshit on the numbers some of these fighters are saying they get from sponsors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    It is a valid point, he is low for the normal person his age. Especially an athlete.

Thing is, Vitor was prescribed TRT forever. He technically didn't cheat being on it. It was never against the rules until the change last year. Look at his numbers off, that is extremely low for his age. Some studies even show evidence of having testo that low leading to other health related issues. But like I said, its banned now and if he needs TRT to be healthy he needs to retire and just stay on it.
    I definitely agree with you, but I feel for these fighters. Guys like Vitor have been in the game their entire lives, they literally don't know what to do if they aren't fighting someone.

As for the first fight of the main card, who's betting on who?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a heavyweight fight holy fuck that was AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

I for one would love to know how Brendan Schaub is making "6 figures" (his words) from sponsors when a guy that is with what I would consider a more accomplished team as well as an overall more accomplished fighter is somehow making sub 10k'ish. I'm gna call bullshit on the numbers some of these fighters are saying they get from sponsors.
    its not bullshit, some of the sponsors Dana White listed aren't even real. Brendan said hes never heard of them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Even fighters way below the UFC level, like Askren, have claimed to make 100k from sponsors alone. White is just so full of shit sometimes, it's disgusting. He would rather just throw dirt and trashtalk his fighter in order to defend the already much controversial reebok deal.

Sponsorship money has always been massively more than UFC pays fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha Vitor looked like he hasn't been on his back in years. But he definitely had the advantage standing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Sponsorship money has always been massively more than UFC pays fighters.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha Vitor looked like he hasn't been on his back in years. But he definitely had the advantage standing.
    Oh no question, if Weidman would've tried to keep in a striking match he would've lost. He was smart for taking him down when he did. Idk what happened to Vitor there, he completely folded on the ground. Like he's never been in that situation, trading punches back and shit..oh well.