Thread: The UFC Thread

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I figured it was 2-2 with the second round being the toss up - if you valued takedowns, Cruz, if you felt they weren't convincing "down and back up in 3 seconds", it was Dilly. Glad Cruz won, but how the fuck can you have a 49-46 and a 46-49 lol that's some dumb shit.
    exactly my thoughts. Cruz looked great.

15+ Year Old Account
    you would never know in 4 years cruz had only fought for 1 minute prior to that title fight
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    you would never know in 4 years cruz had only fought for 1 minute prior to that title fight
    One minute more than in the actual UFC fight. /burn
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough* *cough* hahahHAAHAHAHAHahahahahAHAHAHAHAHA..

That guy is honestly the biggest scumbag I have ever seen. Between that and his bullshit "I am bankrupt" shit I can't understand why she even goes near him. You are telling me that this guy, someone who manages and trains the best (or second best) paid fighter in the UFC, is broke? Bullshit. That guy has earned everything that is coming his way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people hate Conor mcgregor so much I don't really understand it lol.
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's cocky as fuck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I find him immensely entertaining. Sure, hes a loudmouth dick to 90% of the fighters out there but quite frankly I would rather listen to him talk than Rousey, the Diaz brothers, or TRTtor. Say what you will about his personality but he sells fights and backs it up. I'm sure there are guys out there that will eventually dethrone him, he isn't some invincible god and I still think Jon Jones is likely the top P4P guy on the planet but those people saying Conor is all talk....how? He dismantled someone that most people viewed as untouchable for almost a decade in the time it takes to fill a glass of water. He is walking, talking, breathing proof that you can come into the UFC and be a champion within 2 years. He is proof that fighters complaining about money need to check themselves at the door because this guy came in and fucking put that company in his backpack and is just carrying them along.

Compare Ronda and Conor. Ronda spends her time on USA Today, in movies, and touring the country as a celebrity. Conor spends his time back at home, in Ireland, with his friends and family, training for fights and promoting the UFC and himself. Ronda is an entertainer, McGregor is a fighter.

His bout with RDA is going to be huge and I really hope that we can see him win just because I want to see the following at UFC 200:

Imagine this card:

Jones vs Cormier
    Ronda vs Holm
    McGregor vs Aldo 2 (or Edgar, but Aldo is probably more deserving imo - I appreciate what Edgar has done but Aldo held that belt since its inception and deserves that RM)
    Anderson Silva vs Rockhold
    Hendricks/Lawler 3

That card right there would probably break records until the end of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Because he's cocky as fuck lol.
    So are most fighters. The difference is he has yet to disappoint and not only that but he defeats guys that on paper should win and just dismantles them. Dustin is a prime example of that. He didn't just beat him, he knocked him into next week with ease. Even ignoring the Aldo win because there is a certain degree of luck in a knockout like that...he dismantles guys.

I can't hate a fighter for being cocky, as some of my favorite fighters ever are cocky as fuck, but Conor's shittalking is more akin pro wrasslin promos, and it doesn't come across as genuine to me. I understand it's purpose, just not a fan.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    So are most fighters. The difference is he has yet to disappoint and not only that but he defeats guys that on paper should win and just dismantles them. Dustin is a prime example of that. He didn't just beat him, he knocked him into next week with ease. Even ignoring the Aldo win because there is a certain degree of luck in a knockout like that...he dismantles guys.
    I personally could care less how cocky is, but that's why people hate him. I love McGregor, one of the most entertaining fighters to date and really revitalized my interest in the sport.

On a side note, have you followed anything Jones has been saying on instagram? Kind of hard since they all get deleted asap. He keeps teasing that he's coming back in 12 weeks. The training videos of him are scary to say the least. Dude is just massive right now, I woulden't be surprised to see him just jump right into heavyweight but I imagine he'll do whichever fight makes the UFC the most money. Most people are putting this in a timeline with UFC 198 but you never know. Poor DC, everyone is counting him out of this fight already.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-01-23 at 01:27 AM.

I personally could care less how cocky is, but that's why people hate him. I love McGregor, one of the most entertaining fighters to date and really revitalized my interest in the sport.

On a side note, have you followed anything Jones has been saying on instagram? Kind of hard since they all get deleted asap. He keeps teasing that he's coming back in 12 weeks. The training videos of him are scary to say the least. Dude is just massive right now, I woulden't be surprised to see him just jump right into heavyweight but I imagine he'll do whichever fight makes the UFC the most money. Most people are putting this in a timeline with UFC 198 but you never know. Poor DC, everyone is counting him out of this fight already.
    I haven't. I get that he is sobered up but that guy isn't all there. I'm not saying hes on drugs or anything of that nature but hes always REALLY weird when it comes to social media. 90% of the shit he posts gets deleted (like all those 10second videos). The UFC must have a PR guy just for JJ and nobody else based off the shit he pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I was 100% behind Conor when I saw him fight Siver on fight night. Siver refused to touch gloves, so McGregor flipped him off. I was like... yeah, I'm putting this guy in my top 3 favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Cain gets injured, so they replace him with Stipe, then the very next day Werdum pulls out of the fight. /sigh

His dad Ryan Couture is not.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    god damn if Rumble ever learns how to control energy output he's going to be unstoppable

god damn if Rumble ever learns how to control energy output he's going to be unstoppable
    He's legit scary. A guy who used to fight at WW, moved to LHW, and could actually give HW a right for the money. He's already beaten Arlovski. Holy hell.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think a fight between him and jon jones is one the most exciting fights you can put together right now. That is if Jon is as good as he was before.

The sage northcutt hype train comes crashing to a halt with a rather weak tap out

Welp, Ben is off to Bellator!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Wonderboy is a beast. Holy shit.