Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Wonderboy is a beast. Holy shit.
    Surpassed Woodley's claim to a title shot with that performance. I bet Woodley hates himself for sitting out a year.

Yeah, that was pretty brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Wonderboy shouldn't be a surprised to many. He trains with Weidman regularly, they are going to brothers in law. He trained with GSP for a long time. He was fucking up everyone that Brendan Schaub trained with in Colorado too.

Back surgery for Brooks, washed or naw?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Back surgery for Brooks, washed or naw?
    I don't think he'll end up fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    I don't think he'll end up fighting.
    The only thing he's been trying to fight so far is his debut.

I'm still not sure I understand the appeal of him but it is what it is. Between Brooks, PVZ, Rousey, and Sage losing all their fights I really hope for the UFCs sake that McGregor wins that 2nd title or their poster boys & girls are just going to be a long line at the hospital. I really need to find a way to make my Bleacher Report app not show tweets as "News" updates because I am sick of seeing PVZs hourly "omg look at my new shoes" tweet.

Ariel Helwani brought up an interesting thought on The MMA Beat, that Brooks was signed at the tail end of 2014 when the UFC/Zuffa had a pretty bad year; had Brooks tried to get on board during 2015, a really successful year, they would have probably told him to take a hike (my words).

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    I'm still not sure I understand the appeal of him but it is what it is. Between Brooks, PVZ, Rousey, and Sage losing all their fights I really hope for the UFCs sake that McGregor wins that 2nd title or their poster boys & girls are just going to be a long line at the hospital. I really need to find a way to make my Bleacher Report app not show tweets as "News" updates because I am sick of seeing PVZs hourly "omg look at my new shoes" tweet.
    At least paige is running away like a sulking cunt after getting wrecked by Rose, like Ronda did. Gotta give her that, i thought she might cry and fold. If McGregor gets wrecked... would it legit be just Lawler and no one else really worth watching? Could we have Lawler vs MacDonald or Condit like every 3 months, just so there is something worth watching? Or have the Diaz boys just fight each other every Friday night?

At least paige is running away like a sulking cunt after getting wrecked by Rose, like Ronda did. Gotta give her that, i thought she might cry and fold. If McGregor gets wrecked... would it legit be just Lawler and no one else really worth watching? Could we have Lawler vs MacDonald or Condit like every 3 months, just so there is something worth watching? Or have the Diaz boys just fight each other every Friday night?
    I actually think there are a number of fights that are quite appealing currently but the problem is these guys keep getting injured. Ignoring the obvious McGregor/Dos Anjos we have Jones/Gus 2, Jones/Johnson, Jones/Cormier (Yes, I know those are all Jones but who doesn't want to see those 3 fights again...I don't really want to see Jones/Cormier but it has to happen), Cain/Werdum, Rory/Robbie 3 (I don't care if hes 0-2, that fight was amazing), Conor/Aldo 2, Khabib/Dos Anjos (assuming Khabib can go 45 seconds without breaking something), Cruz/Faber 3, Woodley/Lawler. There are appealing fights but the problem is that half those guys I mentioned (Khabib, Cruz, Cain, Aldo, Werdum, etc) are so accident prone its ridiculous and that lowers the card quality for us.

Imagine a card with McGregor/Aldo 2, Jones/Gus 2, and Rory/Robbie 3....

RIP Kevin Randleman. Sadly we're going to see more and more health issues as the old guard ages.

I agree, Nov, it's hard to count on many of these top guys. I got McGregor beating Dos Anjos, but I just another article about him wanting Lawler... he doesn't beat Lawler. He gets wrecked by Lawler. I think he needs to fight Aldo again, Edgar and there are some fun fights at LW.

I really want to see Bones vs Rumble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

Imagine a card with McGregor/Aldo 2, Jones/Gus 2, and Rory/Robbie 3....
    My only problem with this is that Jones/Gus would be a 3 round undercard - unless he beats Cormier, but then would they knock any of those down to a 3 rounder, even though it'd be a title fight? Assuming Conor doesn't 13 second Aldo again, those should be brawls.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any Conor fight is interesting and any Jones fight is to me. Everything else has tempered expectations but I like most of the matchups at Welterweight in the top 4 + champ. Can't wait for Rory to come back but I'm not sure who he fights. I'm hoping for Wonderboy vs McDonald for #1 contender status. Rockhold/Weidman 2 meh, I'm wondering if Anderson gets a redemption titleshot if he beats Bisping.

Also Gus is likely taking 2016 off. I'd imagine he has to win another fight before he gets a shot at Jones (assuming he returns to form and decimates DC like lots of the MMA community is prediction). I'm pretty sure Rumble gets a crack at the winner of DC/Jones unless Jon moves up to HW like rumours were speculating. Personally, I'd love to see him move up and fight/beat Cain then have Rockhold move up and dominate him at LHW. The ultimate darkest timeline for Daniel Cormier.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-02-13 at 06:33 PM.

I agree, Nov, it's hard to count on many of these top guys. I got McGregor beating Dos Anjos, but I just another article about him wanting Lawler... he doesn't beat Lawler. He gets wrecked by Lawler. I think he needs to fight Aldo again, Edgar and there are some fun fights at LW.

I really want to see Bones vs Rumble.

- - - Updated - - -

My only problem with this is that Jones/Gus would be a 3 round undercard - unless he beats Cormier, but then would they knock any of those down to a 3 rounder, even though it'd be a title fight? Assuming Conor doesn't 13 second Aldo again, those should be brawls.
    When I said Jones/Gus I was saying that assuming he will just brutalize Cormier like he did last time.

Which is the damn truth lol

If Conor beats RDA, I want to see him vs Wonderboy rather than Lawler. I dont think Lawler beats Wonderboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    If Conor beats RDA, I want to see him vs Wonderboy rather than Lawler. I dont think Lawler beats Wonderboy.
    Indeed! I'm not ready to jump on the Wonderboy bandwagon just yet, but I was really impressed by his last fight. All this IMO is a moot point because as much as I like Connor, I just don't see him getting through RDA. RDA has looked unphased against top LW competition in his last few fights.

Speaking of Wonderboy, I'd love to see him fight Nick Diaz. That's my fantasy fight wish.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone gonna watch kimbo vs dada5000? Bellator is such a shit show hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I do love a good freakshow fight, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's about a minute of fury, followed by a display of abysmal cardio for the rest of the fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    not a chance especially with the shit going on with the odds in that fight its got fix written all over it
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together