Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Simple... quit wow for a bit and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Syphess View Post
    Simple... quit wow for a bit and see what happens.
    be bored out of your mind lol, and still not give a fuck about college.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, this is exactly what the military is for. As long as you're not tremendously out of shape you can set your future straight in a hurry. Go talk to an Air Force, Navy, or Coast Guard recruiter and see what they have to say. You'll be set for pay, lodging, and healthcare, and you'll still have plenty of time for WoW.

I'd call it about as close to a win-win as you can get without hitting it big in the lottery.

Ummm quit WoW... If something messes with your life that much be it drugs,partying, video games than you need to quit it asap. I am fairly certain you know you play way too much WoW. I manage to be a full time student with a part time job and play WoW 8 hours a week for raiding. It is not hard at all to balance gaming with with real life.

Deleted
    Will people please stop recommending the military, i do not want to be stuck in a warzone with somebody too undisciplined to give up a game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Will people please stop recommending the military, i do not want to be stuck in a warzone with somebody too undisciplined to give up a game.
    Agreed. Too many people view the military as a quick fix. A professional military is not there to straighten out kids with attitude problems. Frankly, if anyone like the OP came upto me asking to join my particular arm of the services I'd turn him away in a heartbeat. Thankfully, I joined an arm of the 3 services that is ruthlessly selective.

Lmao we used them to draw fire

Airforce your war zone will be a desk

Deleted
    I'm really having trouble figuring out what I want to do with my life... I'm 19 years old (male) graduated high school in 2010, attended Boise State University for 1 semester and then never went back, I didn't feel like I was ready for it and was too focused on WoW to go to class, basically.

I have started my 2nd college right after I didn't like my first one. You probably have a lot of time to think about what you're wanting to be. Keep working but in the evenings, instead of going on World of Warcraft, try to find out what you find interesting. Do volunteer work, show some dedication to help other people. I as an upcoming Business Manager would hire someone who has been active for the past year instead of playing World of Warcraft

Anyways I moved back in with parents and got a job at a hospital making 12.50 an hour almost full time.. this was a pretty good job for someone my age. I moved out of parents house due to me wanting to me independent and moved in the basement of my aunts house, had my own room, living room, bathroom...(she was the one who got me the hospital job as well).

This was a big mistake. I to left my home when I was 18, but I had a roommate to share the costs. Welcome to my life right now, where dropping out of college means working or losing your life. You shouldn't even begin to live on your own without good basic education and without live savings. Living in your aunt's basement is not what I call living on your own. I worked in a kitchen for 6 months, which was Hell, but I could stay in my home.

I'm out of work and playing WoW and partying/drinking constantly with friends. My aunt sees that I'm not really going anywhere and kicks me out (on good terms). I stop partying and start playing more WoW with my friends, basically WoW kept us out of trouble

There are 3 failures in this sentence:

- Spending MONEY you don't have on World of Warcraft
    - Spending MONEY you don't have on alcohol
    - Trying to keep up with friends who are still in college and live at home. It's like someone who never drank alcohol before wanting to keep up with German's.

My parents said I could live with them for a month and if I didn't find a place to live and be fully supporting myself (car insurance, gas, phone bill, food) then their last act of supporting me would be sending me to this Young Adult camp in Oregon where they basically help you become independent and get jobs and go to school and stuff

People help you become independend? People who believe this have never tried to find a different way. There is only 1 way you can get dependend and that's with making mistakes and crawling back out of the dirt.

So my friend who I play WoW with is letting me move into his house where he lives with his mom and let me sleep on his couch in his room.

Your friend is generous, but soon(tm) he will give up on you. I don't want anyone living under my roof who doesn't do anything. Go find a job, I don't care how crap it pays, but show some respect to your roommate and help him with funds.

So my status right now is: No money, literally not a dime, My dad paid my phone and gas and might do it 1 more time seeing the month they gave me has about 12 more days left. I eat about twice a day and its cheap as I can, taco bell.. I have submitted honestly like 20 applications around town, target, k-mart, olive garden, walmart, best buy, movie theater. I have not resorted to fast food yet but I am afraid I'm getting there soon.. I also have 2 12in subs in my car that I can pawn if needed and get like 300 but my friend is telling me to do that as a last resort

1. People with your money conditions... I'm sorry but, have I been the only one that lives as cheap as possible? I have no car, I have 4 bikes I bought cheeply. Whenever I need to go to work, I cycle for 1 hour long. Having a car, at your age with your financial state is asking for trouble. Get rid of it. You are now SURVIVING instead of LIVING.
    2. Don't listen to your friend. For god sake, I wouldn't give a damn about that car.
    3. You eat cheap at Taco Bell, while instead with the same amount of money you could eat 3 times a day.
    4. Having applied to 20+ jobs shows you're desperate, but instead of actually showing those people you want to work, you sit on your lazy ass playing World of Warcraft. Go do volunteer work.
    5. Give your friend you're living with, the feeling he can't live without you. Instead of contributing absolutly NOTHING back to him, you could clean the house and take care of stuff for when he comes home from college/work.

1 bread a weak could be 2 dollars. You can do 1 week with 1 bread, eat in the morning and in the afternoon. In the evenings you eat warm.

Basicly you gone wrong on these points:

1. Left home in a bad financial state. I been saving since I was young to live on my own.
    2. Trying to keep up with your old life, without adepting to your future. Think about all the money you lost when drinking with your friends.
    3. Living the life you wanted, but cannot affort, trying to forget your sorrows. If you want to be independend in this world, you need to step up and get rid of everything in your life that will affect this. This includes World of Warcraft, drinking with friends and your car.
    4. It's crisis. Instead of saving money you're spending it.
    5. Not taking care of yourself is probably the most important one.

You need to shape up, take responsibility and grow up.
    Last edited by mmoc80711df9dc; 2011-10-29 at 12:35 AM.

I pretty much had a better chance surviving when i was 11 and doing a paper route.

Kudos to Gourmandises for actually taking time and giving the kid an actual advice... Ignore all the previous posts, most people have no idea what they are talking and just will make judgmental remarks on something they don't fully understand.
    The only source you will find in MMO's discussions: http://www.wikipedia.org

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadem View Post
    I pretty much had a better chance surviving when i was 11 and doing a paper route.
    Thanks for the help. dumbass.

Mod Warning: Don't flame other people. Heated posts will only get you an infraction.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2011-10-29 at 12:56 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    get a trade and become a real man with real skills, and a real provider. not based on some digital delusion only available using a computer.

be a man and work with your hands and mind.

Deleted
    It's almost like the OP is completely aware of his own plight, yet for some reason does nothing to rectify the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    Thanks for the help. dumbass.

Mod Warning: Don't flame other people. Heated posts will only get you an infraction.
    You're the 19 year old living with his parents, cant quit WoW, got fired because he cant show up to work on time and couldnt qualify for a $9/hr call center job. And you're calling anyone else names?

Things you should do immediately:
    1. Uninstall WOW. There is no reason you need to be playing right now.
    2. Get a job. Any job. You don't really have the option to be picky right now.
    3. KEEP the job. No excuse for getting fired.
    4. Take the help others(your parents) are offering. I've never heard of this camp you're talking about but at this point might as well try it.
    5. Get your own place or some form of respectable living conditions. This could be with a friend in an apartment, your parents house paying rent or what ever you can manage. Staying on your friends couch will get old fast for both of you.

You have dug yourself a pretty big hole and have no one to blame but yourself. The good news is it seems like you recognize this and are willing to do something about it. You are young, this is the best time to make your mistakes, but it is also time to grow up. I think you will be fine if you actually take the steps to be an adult and stop living like a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    " People with your money conditions... I'm sorry but, have I been the only one that lives as cheap as possible? I have no car, I have 4 bikes I bought cheeply. Whenever I need to go to work, I cycle for 1 hour long. Having a car, at your age with your financial state is asking for trouble. Get rid of it. You are now SURVIVING instead of LIVING."

Many places in the world having a car - having a job goes hand in hand. Its not everywhere on this globe that public transport is well developted. Walking/cyceling to work limits your posibilities of work dramaticly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daalton View Post
    too focused on WoW to go to class, basically.
    I don't mean to be rude but this is pathetic. The only reasonable solution that I see is quitting WoW and going back to school.
    Also, how would selling your subs be a last resort? Is it really more important than food? Get your priorities straight.

You need to figure out what you want to do. We're not going to be able to help you in that regard.

Though I will say that Del Taco or mac and cheese is cheaper than Taco Bell.