Everything as planned?

So lurking around the web i found out that SIMCRAFT for 4.3 edition (t12H gear sets) see us dark and purple gorgeous guys dangerously in the lower bottom.

Same goes with Boomkin.

Ok we all know we always underperformed in extremely static fights but this starts to worry me. I also give the fact that our t12 got nerfed so fine with that.

Is this something that should be a concern or our wonderful scaling will fix it up?

/discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Ok we all know we always underperformed in extremely static fights but this starts to worry me. I also give the fact that our t12 got nerfed so fine with that.
    ......We have always underperformed in extremely static fights? How long have you been playing? You do know our mastery is tied to standing and casting MB, right? You do know our hardest hitting DoT has a cast time too, correct? And that to maximize DPs from Archangel, we have to minimize DoT refreshing and maximize MF/MB cast time, so we have to stand still?

I have no clue where you got this idea that we do badly when standing still. Apparitions do not hit very hard, and they are the only benefit of moving around.

If you could link to this supposed sim where we somehow drop to the bottom because of a 5% nerf to the bonus MB damage from 4pc (which is the ONLY change Shadow is getting in 4.3), I'd love to see it.
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

I'll do that for you;

PTR: http://simulationcraft.org/430/Raid_T12H.html

Live: http://simulationcraft.org/422/Raid_T12H.html

What he was trying to say is that shadow preforms middle of the pack on the stand still 1 target fights, and that it excels more in movement compared to most casters, and also does extremely well on multi-target fights. This is absolutely true. Also, another reason we are dropping is a ton of the bottom classes in 4.2.2 got massive buffs bringing them significantly higher then us.
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-10-29 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    What he was trying to say is that shadow preforms middle of the pack on the stand still 1 target fights, and that it excels more in movement compared to most casters, and also does extremely well on multi-target fights. This is absolutely true. Also, another reason we are dropping is a ton of the bottom classes in 4.2.2 got massive buffs bringing them significantly higher then us.
    That gets the point across much more clearly than the OP, thanks for that.

My guess is that other classes' buffs will be brought back down in hotfixes or before live. There's not much to do or QQ about if we're not getting nerfed, and how can we reasonably expect a buff when we've been doing awesome so far?
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Simcraft doesn't show us "middle of the pack", that's not even close to beeing middle of the pack.Never scared me, even Baleroc showed us quite competitive even in that depart.

I should have stated our 4pcT12 in ptr got a massive nerf (15% instead of 25%)

BTW Zuizza u looks like u lost some "updates" from PTR current results.

He was referring to us in the middle of the pack for live, not PTR. And honestly, most spriests do not have 4pc because we're typically not priority over tanks/heals who share our token. The nerf is 10% less bonus damage to our 3rd ranked spell if you have 4pc, which is not a lot.

Our class as a whole is going to be untouched for 4.3, especially because anyone who does have 4pc will be trading it for 2pc-t13. The changes in the ranking for sim are (as hikamiro pointed out) due to buffs for other classes and specs.

Look at the difference between Live (34.718 Patchwerk) and PTR (34.224). That is the loss due to the nerf. 500 dps on STATIC fights, which are not reflective of how actual raids go. And as hikamiro also pointed out, we lose less DPS than other classes because we're a DoT class.

We'll be fine.

I'm dead sure will be fine :X