1 3.85%
  • Shaman

6 23.08%
  • Warlock

3 11.54%
  • Warrior

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Post Worst classes in PvP during Cataclysm???

I encourage you to read this post before voting and commenting!

When it comes to the general logic of a class as in utility, damage, survivability, mobility and CD's which classes have been the worst this expansion? This also considers the classes comp viability when it comes to quality and the amount of actual good comps this specific class is able to be pared up with and be successful.

I feel that Enhancement, Ret, Hunter, Elemental, Moonkin, Resto druid, Destruction, Fury, Combat and and to an extent Mutilate were the worst class/specs this expansion. ESPECIALLY the mail armor classes - Hunter, Enhance and Elemental.

Enhancement - Reason this is terrible is because so much totems have been taken away and nerfed to china, bloodlust is done -_-...purge nerf, ghost wolf nerf, and wolves just don't have that threatening impact anymore - not to mention the only reason shammies are in arena today is because of wind shear...and that is getting nerfed. 2nd worst melee. The skillcap on shamans make this class even worst and harder to play compared to the other classes.

Ret - Ret has always been worst the second half of lich king, but in cata is become so bad, I dont know to start...all their good for is trying to nuke someone in 3s during wings or guardian but wings can be dispelled which is sad, and without rets CD's it is by far the worst melee in PvP - I will give ret this, with all of rets CD's up and they can actually get some crits off, they are probably the second hardest hitting melee WITH CD's...without CD's they are the softest hitting dps in PvP...

Hunter - Hunters became a joke, I remember when all hunter specs were viable in so many comps, and they were actually balanced to for the most part(beastcleave op - during LK), but now they are probably the second softest target in arena, maybe top 3 highest skillcaps in arena, and hunters use to be in arena for their damage and CC, but it seems that their only in arena mainly for their CC over their dps...

Elemental - The worst caster in the whole expansion, the Elemental tree has wayyy to much nerfs, astral shift gone, bloodlust gone, all the important totems gone, purge nerf, wind shears range is too short for Elemental, terrible...terrible mobility,lack/weak peels(I understand we have thunderstorm...but cmon...when you only have TS and earthbind?) earthbind is to high of a CD for the 'to go to' peel for a range/kiter, ghost wolf nerf, and no defensive CD(which im happy to see in new MoP talents) Elemental is easily the easiest/softest target in arena. The skillcap on shamans make this class even worst and harder to play compared to the other classes.

Moonkin - Moonkins burst is pretty good, their damage is fine for the most part, its their lack of mobility and true reliable defensive CDs moonkin lacks, sure they can go bear but your not really helping yourself much, just slowing your death and allowing them to apply full pressure cause you cant do anything back in bear form, mainly cause of cheetah nerf, but in MoP will seem balanced.

Resto Druid - lol...Yea...After tree form I think I literally hear paper rip from how soft they are. Just cyclone/root bots

Destruction - This spec isnt necessarily bad at all but its sure in the hell isnt balanced, just the other 2 specs outshine this one by a lot.

Fury - Fury isnt 'too bad' but its so proc dependent and no cc makes this class a bit weaker then Arms, Fury is def unbalanced...its close to balanced but it isnt balanced. Fury warrior out of all these other classes listed fury probably the best spec tho...

Combat/Mutilate - Rogues in general are fairly soft, and the cloak/combat readiness nerf really hurt rogues - rogues arent even meant for damage/burst anymore, only shadow-dance and THATS IF you can actually get it off, rogues are just used for disorients, cc and smoke-bomb, which isnt bad, cause Sub is 'balanced' because of the variety of comps they can be in, but im talking about how Combat/Mutilate are bad....so yea Combat/Mutilate are bad.

If you read that thank you, thats my strong opinion on this topic and I think for the most part we all can agree on this, Please vote and comment!

Thank You!
    Last edited by Shoryuken; 2011-10-29 at 04:30 PM.

Nothing scaled for Priests from 80 to 85, i feel that made us the worst for a good while.
    Shields were absorbing around 8-9k, penance / PoM were healing around the same.

Most priests PVP'd as Holy or Shadow. At l east you got free heals with Guardian Spirit after you got slaughtered.

They did fix all this shit, but now with how much burst most classes have, Priests are once again the shittest of the shit.
    Main reason being we are the only healing class that has to hard cast in order to heal. Not only do we have to hard cast, but we need to cast 3 heals in order to fully maximize our healing ability. Ya we have amazing defensive abilities, but they are pretty easy to walk around, in a manner of speaking.

And seeing as how you didnt mention priests. I'll assume you have never herd the expression, "just train the priest".
    Last edited by Potatowizard; 2011-10-29 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Fire Mages, after the Combustion hot-fix.

Deleted
    ret is pretty dumb atm, but holy is good
    restodruid dumb, feral good

and so on; so its hard to pick a class bc some specs are better than others

big loser of cata are melees, you cant argue against that srs

so if i would have to pick a class with a melee spec

definitely pala, enhancer is pretty dull too but resto is too good to vote shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Potatowizard View Post
    Nothing scaled for Priests from 80 to 85, i feel that made us the worst for a good while.
    Shields were absorbing around 8-9k, penance / PoM were healing around the same.

Most priests PVP'd as Holy or Shadow. At l east you got free heals with Guardian Spirit after you got slaughtered.

They did fix all this shit, but now with how much burst most classes have, Priests are once again the shittest of the shit.
    Main reason being we are the only healing class that has to hard cast in order to heal. Not only do we have to hard cast, but we need to cast 3 heals in order to fully maximize our healing ability. Ya we have amazing defensive abilities, but they are pretty easy to walk around, in a manner of speaking.

And seeing as how you didnt mention priests. I'll assume you have never herd the expression, "just train the priest".
    I can meet you half way - Priest do lack mobility out of healers and 'powerful' hardcast heals yes, but rDruids are def weaker, and all healers in general will never be underpowered, because healers are so respected in PvP that they can never be 'underpowered' - I feel healer priest are balanced if not 'slighty' above balance, not strong, slightly above balanced, for spriest, spriest deal like 2nd most damage in arena, they apply so much pressure, so much supportive utility and they can conserve mana so well its crazy.

There is only one CLASS that has been bad the whole expac. Some specs have underperformed, but even then they have generally fared better then all 3 specs of the hunter class.

Worst spec? Surv Hunter, all the hunter weakness with pitiful damage.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

One bad thing about ret paladin is that we have to wait at least 8 seconds before we can even consider popping cd's unless we get a lucky proc. Some guy at the Q&A for Blizzcon said "Please just leave ret alone" but come on the fact we have 3 CD's to build up and manage is just dumb compared to other classes.

Deleted
    I'd have to go with hunter for worst of expansion so far. They had a period where warriors would carry them in KFC, but when warriors got nerfed there was no reason to use hunters. Sure with perfect play a hunter can excel (blizzcon finals), but for the general population it is to hard and they suffer to hard from LoS fucking up their damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any question? Resto Druid is BY FAR the worst for pvp atm. Atleast the worst healer. And we wont get any buffs either because of PvE balace.... They could atleast give us some armor buffs, priests with inner fire have more armor than us... And priests got shields, fear etc. Pathetic Blizzard, pathetic

10+ Year Old Account
    Best/worst/etc threads are not constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE