HoG/Felstorm acro help

I currently have Hand of Gul'dan and Felmstorm activated at the same time for my macro. Problems with this occur when felguard is out of the area and wastes felstorm switching targets at a distance (along not having the full potential of Felstorm anyways since HoG is applied 1.5 secs into Felstorm if done as intended). Cast sequence macros never seem to work properly, please help!

Deleted
    I macro my /petattack to my Curse of the Elements, and Felstorm separately [middle mouse button], so right after I cast HoG, I felstorm easily and immediately. This way, your Felguard will already be on the target when you need him for Felstorm.

Similar to the above I have /petattack macroed to a spell and keep my pet on passive. I have felstorm keybound separately (mouse scroll down). By keeping my pet on passive I can just tap the spell to make the pet attack what I'm about to focus on. Works so much better than the assist stance Blizz put in which has so much trouble when your multidotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont even bother, just keybind felstorm to crtl button like all other pets abilities and micro manage, so much more simple, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Similar to the above I have /petattack macroed to a spell and keep my pet on passive. I have felstorm keybound separately (mouse scroll down). By keeping my pet on passive I can just tap the spell to make the pet attack what I'm about to focus on. Works so much better than the assist stance Blizz put in which has so much trouble when your multidotting.
    Most helpful

Thanks all for your input

/castsequence Hand of Gul'dan, Felstorm

edit: this is just if you want it in one button. above posters are all correct as well, I personally have felstorm macrod to a separate button when I play demo

Honestly I don't think its a good idea to macro felstorm.

Just bind it to a key and learn to use it properly like you would with any other ability, it's way too powerful of a move to potentially screw up using it at the wrong time.

You have to macro pet abilities to bind them to a key :P

I generally just macro it to Shadowbolt, tbh. Almost guarentees it will be used on cooldown, never used when Hand of Gul'dan isn't applied unless the enemy's moving.

I just manage felstorm seperately, in a macro so it is easier to see when the cooldown is up. I also bound pet attack to my middle mouse as a mouseover, so i can easily switch pet targets without switching my personal target (mostly for shards on rhyolith while the spark is active)

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt View Post
    Honestly I don't think its a good idea to macro felstorm.

Just bind it to a key and learn to use it properly like you would with any other ability, it's way too powerful of a move to potentially screw up using it at the wrong time.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPancake View Post
    I generally just macro it to Shadowbolt, tbh. Almost guarentees it will be used on cooldown, never used when Hand of Gul'dan isn't applied unless the enemy's moving.
    Things like this are what you want to avoid. It may feel "easier" but it is absolutely bad. No offense. Blowing Felstorm on a single target then having it on CD for example when adds come is real, real bad.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!