Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Just report and move along, friend, don't give the trolls the benefit of a response

Bit more on topic: Is it ok for a "beginner" to ask for recommendations in this here thread?
    I've never really gotten in to anime, but have watched some of the Studio Ghibli films (Spirited Away, Howls Moving Castle, Pom Poko and Tales from Earthsea being favourites) at the behest of my other half and loved them.
    Just to mention - I watched the dubbed versions, which were really well done. Based on that limited information, anything anyone can recommend series wise that is well dubbed? (sorry if that offends true fans, but I'm too lazy to watch subbed original language versions ).
    try the anime request thread, link is on the first page or click the link below my signature, wether it's dubs or subs we don't mind really.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Ok so I just watched Horizon episode 5. I still understand nothing but for some reason that understanding of nothing is making the show good. I just love all the characters especially the witch girls. They are so cute!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    try the anime request thread, link is on the first page or click the link below my signature, wether it's dubs or subs we don't mind really.
    Thanks! Will take a look a bit later.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Ok so I just watched Horizon episode 5. I still understand nothing but for some reason that understanding of nothing is making the show good. I just love all the characters especially the witch girls. They are so cute!
    episode 5 has been good, nice amount of action, the story goes a bit slower and they are explaining more. still feel sad for toori at the end and damn kazuno (that maid?) just totally rocks.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

episode 5 has been good, nice amount of action, the story goes a bit slower and they are explaining more. still feel sad for toori at the end and damn kazuno (that maid?) just totally rocks.
    I was sad about the maid. She was so awesome. And felt so bad for toori as well. Who knows he might turn out to be a badass.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-10-31 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Are they still true to the novel? It feels kinda forced action after those first 4 episodes..
    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    If you don't like it there's no need for you to post in a thread about it. Anime is loved by a lot of people including everyone who posts in these kinds of threads.

It is not a blight and most certainly is not the cause of the MoP expansion.
    Best part, there not even pandas in Japan >.> (well in a zoo mayby)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Are they still true to the novel? It feels kinda forced action after those first 4 episodes..

Best part, there not even pandas in Japan >.> (well in a zoo mayby)
    ye there following the novel, been bit rushed at the start tho so maybe that's why it feels forced.
    finished mirai nikki ep4 and i can only say, yuno is crazy but twelft can go join her.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Finished up Grenadier: The Smiling Senshi. Was an awesome show full of funny and kick ass moments. The main girl is one of the most badass chicks I have seen in a show to date. Starting episode 7 on Queens Blade Season 2 since thats where I left off.

So have you seen The secret world of Arrietty? I know it's Ghibli but still!
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-10-31 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    So have you seen The secret world of Arrietty? I know it's Ghibli but still!
    I have not! Doesn't come to US theaters till Feb. Looking forward to it though. I may just wait for the Blu Ray release to see it subbed. Although Disney usually does a pretty good job with the Ghibli dubs. Really odd on this one that there is both a UK dub and a US dub. Meh, you can never go wrong with the original Japanese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I have not! Doesn't come to US theaters till Feb. Looking forward to it though. I may just wait for the Blu Ray release to see it subbed. Although Disney usually does a pretty good job with the Ghibli dubs. Really odd on this one that there is both a UK dub and a US dub. Meh, you can never go wrong with the original Japanese.
    not seen it yet either but there's been some advertisement here in belgium for it, aslong they don't dub it in dutch i made watch it.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    There's a small theatre in London that shows it quite often, will be going there with some friends in December I think to see it =D
    I prefer Ghibli in japanese. Not only am I learning it, but I prefer the voices.
    And more importantly, music.
    For example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzabAYMf3Y4
    The theme to the Japanese version blows the Western one out of the water, though both are good ;]
    not seen it yet either but there's been some advertisement here in belgium for it, aslong they don't dub it in dutch i made watch it.
    I and my siblings grew up with the Borrowers, I cannot wait to see a studio that I adore's version of it =D

Ok so I have heard that fairy tale gas fan service is this true and if so how much can I be expecting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Ok so I have heard that fairy tail has fan service is this true and if so how much can I be expecting?
    lucy the main char has big boobs and some other girls 2 but not all have big ones, but actuall fanservice a la queen's blade, freezing nope.

in the 103episodes apart from the OVA? not that much.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Wasn't the MAL group open? Or did you change it?

Need to check if I'm still in it >.>
    ~

Just watched Ep 5 of C3, I think this series is really good so far, though I found the clothes that the Pres was wearing a little.. weird. I suppose from now on we'll start seeing the fanservice that we were warned about?
    Mal club used to be open, closed it so we can post NSFW pictures in there, rest stays the same.

yup C³ is good for now, first episode was a little meh but after the change on ep2 they kept it the same, now hoping they doing it for the rest of it also. Well the president looks like some SM fanatic in those clothes but oh well, seen enough pantsu shots alrdy of fiya anyways so that won't hurt at all.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Walthor View Post
    Is anyone else getting more and more dissapointed with every passing episode of Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! The first one seemed fun but then it just kind of stagnated and nothiong really happens in the rest ;p
    Yep. Even for a cheap harem it's pretty damn boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    No complaints on it.

Which of the two Fullmetal Alchemist series is closer to the manga? Is it FMA or FMA:B?
    FMA: Brotherhood.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I've been watching the wrong one >.<

Thank you, looks like I'll have to start this again ;p
    Depending on how far you are, you could just keep watching and then start with Brotherhood afterwards. The anime original is by no means bad. It deviates enough from the manga so that it feels like a different show, and the parts that they have in common are arguably done better in the anime original.
    I believe the first 25 or so episodes in the original follows the manga, which was condensed into the first 12-13 episodes i Brotherhood.

Anyways, I would recommend watching both, but I suppose it doesn't really matter in which order you do it

Damn, I've been watching the wrong one >.<

Thank you, looks like I'll have to start this again ;p
    I have yet to finish brotherhood since I was watching the dub and it was not finished when I stopped. Though from what I did watch which was around 40 or so episodes, brotherhood was much much much better. They didn't drag on with things like things they did in 3-4 episodes in FMA they did in one for Brotherhood. That got a lot more content in it and got you to meet a whole new cast of people that you would not of seen.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 07:28 PM ----------

Finishing up Queens Blade Season 2 than I will start on Fairy Tale. I have to wait 3 weeks till I can start Macross since I can't torrent anything on my schools IP.

---------- Post added 2011-10-31 at 07:34 PM ----------

I really do hope Fairy Tale is good I really have been wanting to get into a Shoujen anime since I dropped Bleach. For some reason I have a love/hate relationship with the genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erihs View Post
    Depending on how far you are, you could just keep watching and then start with Brotherhood afterwards. The anime original is by no means bad. It deviates enough from the manga so that it feels like a different show, and the parts that they have in common are arguably done better in the anime original.
    I believe the first 25 or so episodes in the original follows the manga, which was condensed into the first 12-13 episodes i Brotherhood.

Anyways, I would recommend watching both, but I suppose it doesn't really matter in which order you do it
    I'll have to agree with watching both being a good thing. But for the love of god, dont watch the movie, it might just destroy it all for you.
    Having seen both, im one of those who feel Brotherhood was better. Mainly because everything is actually EXPLAINED in the end.
    The original sort of left me with bits and pieces that didnt match, probably because they made their own story when they somewhat caught up with the manga.
    That said, if you feel something wasnt really right in the original, Brotherhood will most likely set you straight. I still recomend watching both though.

So then, switching anime, i just finished a few more airing eps. Horizon is actually starting to get good now imo. While theres a lot that is left unclear still, they seem to be managing to do something good atleast.
    Maji de watashi...well, lets just say it made me giggle, didnt succeed in much more. Keeps being what we've all said earlier. A fanservice anime that seems to show barely any indication of plot.

And Laylie, thats Tail and not Tale :P Tale will get you something completely different.