I believe you only need two - had a group with everyone online that initiated a kick, and I voted no because the tank was clearly inexperienced and at least half the issues we had weren't his fault anyway (that and the reason given for the kick was "AFK" while the tank was actively moving to the next group).

The kick still went through, because strictly speaking it's two out of three voting - the person being kicked doesn't count toward the vote amount, so just two is a majority, and needing three would strictly speaking mean it requires a unanimous vote. It's also why kicking someone for bogus reasons is a reportable offense, being relatively easy to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    Little rant - my friend and I got into an Aery group last night with essentially two trolls buddies in it. I should've known it would be an awful run when I made conversation to pass the time while my friend watched the cutscene, mentioned maybe this would be the time I would get the Lesser Panda, to which one troll said, "I hope not". These guys would do massive pulls, ignore all the damage mechanics, and not assist with any of the 'kill this target' mechanics on bosses. I've been healing long enough to know how to deal with that though, so I just let it slide. Eventually we got to the last boss, and my friend would get the Sable on him, the other DPS refused to help out, and my friend died. I ressed him, we continued through the shield phase, and then it happened again. Eventually we wiped because I was out of mana, my friend was still dead, and then Estinein died (in all the times I've run Aery for the pet, I've never once had to heal him post-shield before).

Immediately the two trolls freak out and tell me to do my job properly, to which I tell them to do the same. Their response is that I should only heal Estinein, and that DPS on the boss is the only thing that matters. The next attempt I got Sabled three times, and fortunately my friend was able to break me out, but they were saying not to bother with it because one of the trolls was a SMN and could just combat res (what brilliant logic to tell me to heal harder and yet still allow me die multiple times, plus I highly doubt the SMN would've even bothered). The entire time they're taunting me about being lazy because I'm too focused on the pet (because obviously the fastest way to get loot from the boss is to intentionally wipe the group, /eyeroll).
    Are you talking about Nidhogg?
    How does Estinien manage to die past shield phase? There are no adds or anything as far as I know. Oo

Also lul for "DPS on boss = everything that matters". Apparently someone didn't get the memo that a dead DPS does exactly 0.

Bottom line: Retards are going to be retards. No sense getting worked up over it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I think the only time that two people can kick two people is if two are offline/DC'd. Other than that you need three for a kick.
    Also, only one person can only kick one person within a window. So in the case that we kicked two offline people, I vote kicked one, my fiance vote kicked the other, but again, they where offline, so the two votes were all that were needed.
    Incorrect. It only requires 2 to kick a person in a 4 man. Helps solidify my dislike of couples, as I've had far too many times when they took advantage of this fact to do whatever they felt like.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    How does Estinien manage to die past shield phase? There are no adds or anything as far as I know. Oo

Also lul for "DPS on boss = everything that matters". Apparently someone didn't get the memo that a dead DPS does exactly 0.

Bottom line: Retards are going to be retards. No sense getting worked up over it.
    When Nidhogg does his AoE roar attack, it will damage Estinien.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2015-09-05 at 03:49 PM.

The majority versus unanimous makes sense, though that means anyone who queues up with a friend can automatically kick anyone they please, which is a little unsettling. Granted, as you mentioned, that would be reportable under certain circumstances.

Thanks to everyone who confirmed that it only requires 2 people. I feel a bit sad that I even had to ask.

I suppose I should just be happy that we completed it and hope it never happens again. The only time I've ever left a dungeon so far was when the tank was DC'd at the start of Satsasha all the way to the first boss, and for some reason both DPS refused to boot them out. Not that Satsasha is that hard, but that was just too much effort for too little reward, and I wasn't going to do the whole thing like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea about Estinein, unless it was an enrage for taking too long. Like I said, I've never once healed him post-shield that I can recall, but he still died about maybe 30-45 seconds after that phase ended. I wasn't even watching him at that point, so it took me by surprise that he died. I can look it up since my friend was streaming on Twitch at the time, but I just don't feel like watching that again, LOL.

And yeah, trolls will be trolls. I just wasn't sure if there was anything we could do at that point. Had my friend and I left, I honestly wonder if they ever would've finished at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes that sucks. I didn't realize, but I guess the only time I've kicked someone with someone else it's cause they were dc'd for 5 min.

No worries, I appreciate that you took the time to give a thoughtful answer at least

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea about Estinein, unless it was an enrage for taking too long. Like I said, I've never once healed him post-shield that I can recall, but he still died about maybe 30-45 seconds after that phase ended. I wasn't even watching him at that point, so it took me by surprise that he died.
    Same here, I never really paid attention to the dude past add phase when I was healing. DPS must have been pretty shitty on top of them dying for Nidhogg to live that long.

As an aside, I got to use Chimatsuri today on Ninja, and that got me thinking

I REALLY want to have all of them in a collection of GIFs, but all I've managed to find so far were cropped out of the benchmark trailer when they showed them off, I want to see the full animations, cast bar and all.

Think you guys could lend a hand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Huh, that made me look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e2mYic_qck

Astrologian is bad ass. Looks like the Algalon's intro in Ulduar.

But yeah, I wish there was a FFXIV version of WOW modelviewer where you can upload your character onto a black screen and make them go through animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arisoh View Post
    Astrologian is bad ass. Looks like the Algalon's intro in Ulduar.
    Really cool. Too bad you will close to never see it in game.
    I still haven't used my WHM LV3. Saw it for the first time in the video.

They need to design content where healer/tank limit breaks are mandatory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh I wholeheartedly agree to this...
    Tanks at least cause healer lb already sees occasional use

How many votes does it take in a 4-man dungeon to kick someone, and can you vote to kick multiple times? :P

Little rant - my friend and I got into an Aery group last night with essentially two trolls buddies in it. I should've known it would be an awful run when I made conversation to pass the time while my friend watched the cutscene, mentioned maybe this would be the time I would get the Lesser Panda, to which one troll said, "I hope not". These guys would do massive pulls, ignore all the damage mechanics, and not assist with any of the 'kill this target' mechanics on bosses. I've been healing long enough to know how to deal with that though, so I just let it slide. Eventually we got to the last boss, and my friend would get the Sable on him, the other DPS refused to help out, and my friend died. I ressed him, we continued through the shield phase, and then it happened again. Eventually we wiped because I was out of mana, my friend was still dead, and then Estinein died (in all the times I've run Aery for the pet, I've never once had to heal him post-shield before).

Immediately the two trolls freak out and tell me to do my job properly, to which I tell them to do the same. Their response is that I should only heal Estinein, and that DPS on the boss is the only thing that matters. The next attempt I got Sabled three times, and fortunately my friend was able to break me out, but they were saying not to bother with it because one of the trolls was a SMN and could just combat res (what brilliant logic to tell me to heal harder and yet still allow me die multiple times, plus I highly doubt the SMN would've even bothered). The entire time they're taunting me about being lazy because I'm too focused on the pet (because obviously the fastest way to get loot from the boss is to intentionally wipe the group, /eyeroll).

Could my friend and I have kicked one/both of them? Could they have done the same to us? What would you do in a situation like that? Technically I don't think anything they were doing was reportable, and my friend doesn't have much time to play during the week for us to take the quitting penalty, requeue later, and do it all over again. We won after the second attempt, thankfully they were kind enough to just leave without saying anything. No pet, but at least I didn't have to watch one of them get it, either.
    This is a situation where you opt to leave the group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really cool. Too bad you will close to never see it in game.
    I still haven't used my WHM LV3. Saw it for the first time in the video.
    I got to use it once in A1! It was awesome. It was also extremely sparkly. Boss was about to die (like 1%) > no one used LB > push LB button for giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to use my healer LB in three Chrysilis runs. Was running it with a friend as he went through the story quests, needless to say our groups were pretty awful. I think I've used it once outside of that, but I can't remember for sure.

The stars are magical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    My alt is now at the level where he's adventuring at Camp Dragonhead. I don't know if I want to continue. I want to keep seeing Haurchefant alive and well at his table. THE FEELS!! .

So, I started playing about a month ago and managed to hit lvl 30 on my lancer yesterday, would you guys recommend going for the dragoon quest now or just continue to max level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Tank LB has been required for 2 fights now, healer LB will never be required since it's an emergency thing, unless they make some fight where the healer is picked out, made immune and the group is killed lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    So, I started playing about a month ago and managed to hit lvl 30 on my lancer yesterday, would you guys recommend going for the dragoon quest now or just continue to max level?
    Dragoon quest now - you get a certain amount of important abilities from the job quests after 30, and those are in the Dragoon line of quests (Lancer quests stop at 30). While you technically can just keep leveling the base class of Lancer, as with any of the other classes that start pre-30 you're meant to pick up the job/next step when you hit 30 and then continue from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Yeah do the lvl 30 job stuff right away. It gives you the tools you will be using as you progress through the game. It also adds another level of story for you to see, if you like that sort of stuff its pretty good.