10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    So, trying to get NIN to 60 and queued up in the Library dungeon. Everything was fine, I popped Smoke Screen for enmity control of the new BLM going into the dungeon for the first time. I get targeted by the bookie demon (Page 64) and the healer prompts to warn me of pulling enmity. Yes, I might've accidentally pulled the trash around the first book, my fault, but when I enter the room before Byblos and hastily Shukichi to the book for it to spawn a few seconds faster, I get kicked right after it.

Players like that makes me so angry, not knowing how things work and barely even dented the healer's mana, despite the heal being targeted of the 2nd book.
    Sorry, was basically just a rant now, as I just cannot understand people like that. Didn't care to explain the boss for the new BLM and didn't care enough to do the /comfort emote to remove the nasty debuff. That might just be a habit of mine, but nonetheless good.

Enough negative mood, but I have to admit: I like new players more than stubborn old fools like that one.
    See Satstasha even old players ignore it all new ones will actually get the water often and thus lead to a cleaner fight.

It does suck especially when overhearing becomes too common a mentality or people forget their roots.

Live Letter's up and ongoing. Here's some points of note

We will be changing the method for calculating the potency of physical attacks for tank roles in Patch 3.2. We’ll be making it so vitality affects the potency of physical attacks, and as a result the effect of strength on physical attack potency will be reduced.

From Patch 3.2 onwards, you’ll be safe using only vitality accessories as well as allocating everything to vitality as a tank. For everyone who is currently using strength accessories on their tanks, the damage will be lowered, so please prepare your vitality accessories ahead of time.
    n regards to tanks, we’ll be looking at each of the three jobs’ defense traits and making overall adjustments to their values. Amongst the adjustments, paladin will be receiving large adjustments. Not only in terms of their offensive-aspects, but overall adjustments as well.

There will be various adjustments for jobs, but one of the major ones will be for astrologians “Shuffle.” We’ll be making adjustments to both the name of the ability and the effect so that the same card cannot be drawn again. Additionally, we’ll be reducing aspects related to enmity.

In regards to machinist, it’s a tough job that deals fast damage; however, compared to other jobs it’s a bit behind in DPS, so we will be making adjustments. We’ll also be making adjustments to bard’s “The Warden’s Paean.”

Naturally, we will be making adjustments to other jobs as well based on everyone’s feedback, but please wait for the patch notes for more details.

We’ll also be making further adjustments to the speed in which the limit break gauge fills up.
    Gnath daily quests will be implemented in Patch 3.2, and the level adjust system will also be implemented for these quests.

You may notice we’re riding an unfamiliar mount... This is a flying mount used by the Gnath. Gnath’s camp is located near the Vath Storyteller NPC.

Additionally, the Adamantoise mount will also take to the skies! If you're using the first person camera, you won't have to worry about it spinning!

Deleted
    The tank part is amazing. (for them)
    I like how they basically said "we want you to go full vit and never consider anything else"

I wonder if they mess up and make Warriors OP.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-01-30 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will not be possible to use advanced materia melding for STR, DEX, VIT, INT, MND, and PIE. You will be able to meld these stats into available materia slots.
    Soo.. stuff like "crit, spellspeed etc" can be overmelded? Oo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Soo.. stuff like "crit, spellspeed etc" can be overmelded? Oo
    Well maybe? But:
    1.) they said they are making the IV and Vs a lot more accessible because of that
    and
    2.) secondary stats currently have pretty low values so you wouldn't be getting that much extra anyway

All in all I doubt they re gonna be balancing content around overmelded gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    All in all I doubt they re gonna be balancing content around overmelded gear
    Agreed. Also they said that gear will have more slots to socket stuff, if they remain capped at 5 materia per piece, overmelds won't be much of a deal anyway.

Ya'll are missing the most important question...

How in the hell did the goblins fit a city in Alexander?

Deleted
    Overall I m very very happy with this patch. The 2 new dungeons look wonderful, I m really digging the new primal themed tom gear, alex midas looks a lot more flashy, warring triad is something I ve wanted for a while and they seem to be heading in a better direction with savage being more tactic and less dps intensive so gearing wont be that much of an issue as it was before.
    Also those yummy QoL changes and PLD/MCH/AST buffs yum yum yum ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Overall I m very very happy with this patch. The 2 new dungeons look wonderful, I m really digging the new primal themed tom gear, alex midas looks a lot more flashy, warring triad is something I ve wanted for a while and they seem to be heading in a better direction with savage being more tactic and less dps intensive so gearing wont be that much of an issue as it was before.
    Also those yummy QoL changes and PLD/MCH/AST buffs yum yum yum ^^
    What gave you this impression? I haven't really noticed anything specific. I do know Yoshi just stated that "it will be less focus on dps checks" last live letter if that's what you meant.

It will be possible to queue for Duty Roulette as a party for the following roulettes:
    Duty Roulette: Expert
    Duty Roulette: Level 60 Dungeons
    Duty Roulette: Level 50 Dungeons
    Duty Roulette: Leveling
    Duty Roulette: Trials
    Duty Roulette: Main Scenario
    Duty Roulette: Guildhest

...I hope this means what I think it means. I can que with friends for the daily dungeon bonus!

Minfilia is a thing again. The HW story quests were so good without the Scions, I really hope she doesn't ruins it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    It will be possible to queue for Duty Roulette as a party for the following roulettes:
    Duty Roulette: Expert
    Duty Roulette: Level 60 Dungeons
    Duty Roulette: Level 50 Dungeons
    Duty Roulette: Leveling
    Duty Roulette: Trials
    Duty Roulette: Main Scenario
    Duty Roulette: Guildhest

...I hope this means what I think it means. I can que with friends for the daily dungeon bonus!
    What exactly wasn't possible again? I really can't remember, only the older ones?
    Doesn't that destroy the reason why they are even there?

Yeah I think it was guildhest and main scenario but I could be wrong. I personally love this change as now I can go back to queuing as a tank (I had bad luck with random healers) with my friend who plays a healer instead of sticking to dps only to avoid headaches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    What gave you this impression? I haven't really noticed anything specific. I do know Yoshi just stated that "it will be less focus on dps checks" last live letter if that's what you meant.
    They said so in the live letter!
    They said they ll be focused in making the fights more about the tactics and less about the dps checks from now on.

Hey guys got a quick question. Thinking about getting a ps4 and of course this game for console. Do I need to buy both a realm reborn or heavensword or does heavensword come with the default game?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to buy them separately, not sure about how much is PS4 but they are really cheap for PC now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hey guys got a quick question. Thinking about getting a ps4 and of course this game for console. Do I need to buy both a realm reborn or heavensword or does heavensword come with the default game?
    need to buy both.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Have to buy them separately, not sure about how much is PS4 but they are really cheap for PC now.
    aww that sucks but how does that work exactly if I have a disc for both games? I'm guessing just download something on the first game and then just put in the second from now on.

Also gamestop is giving away a free ARR when you buy heavensword so it works in my favor.

- - - Updated - - -

Did some googling. Apparently you can download an app from sony and use your phone as a keyboard instead of analog stick inputting. Does that work with FF14? If it does that would be fucking awesome.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The base game is on sale at the moment on PSN for 10$. I'm not sure bout the expansion but might want to compare those two deals. As far as keyboard input, from what I know is that you can actually use a real mouse+keyboard to play the game like on PC.

...oh and that upside down dungeon Antitower looks awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty excited for Gnath dailies, of the 2 beast tribes in HW they are the better. The whole separation from the hive mind and the willing to go against the population was much more interesting then dancing owl bears