10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    3.3 ... 3.4 looks so far away ...
    Pet appearance customization?

Deleted
    But so many mechanics when you know the target audience won't remember most of them?
    A8 isn't really difficult though, but then again, I've reached the enrage timer sometimes because people are generally really, really bad at this game.
    It's actually amazing that sometimes you get a group that can get P1 done before the second add wave spawns and somtimes you need another minute before it's at 0%.
    The difference in playerskill is so huge.

As for mechanics, I actually believe that this fight doesn't have much to look out for, it's been a month and some weeks the last time I did it.

But P1 had basically nothing serious aside from the 4 adds.
    When he switches to robot mode, it's all about -> splitt up -> stack -> go behind him. (It's a little dance that's basically in every boss fight in the game, people just need to remember the "go behind him" step after the rocket)

then he'll splitt into the A6(?) Bosses which is basically the same fight with less mechanics (so everyone should know what to do) and then it's just robot mode till the end.
    Since you can't get into A8 before A6, everyone should've seen half of the fight already.
    The only problem is that people actually don't know what to do in A6... because they didn't understand the Brawler(?) boss.
    It's been so long that I don't remember it myself anymore... both hands = stack, one hand = splitt? And there is a tank buster too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-04-20 at 07:39 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Pet appearance customization?
    Yupe. :/

Even then, who knows how it will turn out.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I've had more successful groups of A8 than I did of A4, and a lot less wipes. Sure there's more dancing to do in A8 but IMO its not that hard to remember the really important ones. :x Dodge laser beams, group together when someone's going yellow arrows on them then run behind him because he's about to do his cone aoe thingy and get away from the group when he looks at one person to jump.
    Yeah, not that hard at all but still fun! One more week (I skipped a couple because I was too engrossed in Blade and Soul, now dropped) and I'll have my flaming monk fisters!

I'll have a complete set with a few more visits and have some pieces ready for another class later. I have been lazy with the Lore farming though and only have enough for my weapon and 1 item. I will finish the monk Lore set though as its the best looking one IMO. Alts can use token/midan gear.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where do you get lore weapons? Thought these were not yet implemented?

But so many mechanics when you know the target audience won't remember most of them?
    As a DEV I would say: suck it up, buttercup. (or get a guild)

I would not let my design be restricted just because you think everything has to be puggable w/o fail b/c it appears in the DF.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Purchase the lore tokens from Hismena and then with 10 tokens + High-capacity tomestone in hand, talk to Bertana. The lore weapons are under Wondrous Sundries III.

High-capacity tomestone is gotten from Sabina, under the Midan turn in section.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-04-20 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Jezus its too early for me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

As a DEV I would say: suck it up, buttercup. (or get a guild)

I would not let my design be restricted just because you think everything has to be puggable w/o fail b/c it appears in the DF.
    I don't mind really since I'm one of those that don't remember. :P

For the more picky though ...

People like you will be the ones paying for my CBAness.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    High-capacity tomestone
    I thought that was savage raiding only.

- - - Updated - - -

People like you will be the ones paying for my CBAness.
    I'm not because I don't raid past "looking at the content once".

I solely gear up through lore tomes and dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The gears you get once a week from doing A8N? You exchange 7 of them for 1 High-capacity tomestone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The gears you get once a week from doing A8N? You exchange 7 of them for 1 High-capacity tomestone.
    *shakes fist @ SE for their darn currencies for currencies for yet another currencies*

Oh well. Working on my relic anyway.
    Thanks for the input though.

15+ Year Old Account
    *shakes fist @ SE for their darn currencies for currencies for yet another currencies*

Oh well. Working on my relic anyway.
    Thanks for the input though.
    Well the whole 7 token thing is there to ensure that the Savage raiders get their weapons first, but non-raiders don't have to wait *too* long to get their's.

Is there a better way of doing this whole shindig without having to trade 7 tokens for one tomestone that you need to trade with 10 tokens to get one weapon...probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    It merely pisses me off that you don't know where to get shit.

I thought, similar to the already visible 240 upgrade gear that you get the stone in the new void ark yet to come.
    So I never bothered wiping me arse off in Alexander. <_<

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not because I don't raid past "looking at the content once".

I solely gear up through lore tomes and dungeons.
    I primarily do those too.

I'm only in Burden of the Son for the Midas Gear. Don't think I will be doing any of the Alexs once I get my 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadewind View Post
    I just don't see Hunts being world bosses. To me, they seem like the way explorer type of players can earn gear. The challenge for them should be based around locating them and getting enough people to kill the target.

I wouldn't expect Odin for every Hunt. Honestly, making 100 Odin-like Hunts means that Odin-like encounters are even less unique. So then they'd have to come up with some other concept. Then repeat 100 times before moving onto the next concept. I'd rather world bosses be a very rare addition, but much more impactful.

I just feel like Hunts fit nicely into a niche as is and the difficulty of the fight isn't where Hunt difficulty should lie. IMO, they should make them more like an actual hunt. Needing specific items in order to find the mob. (As in no set spawn point.) Tracks and scent markers randomly appear on the map and we have to track down the mob.
    Maybe its just because im a Monster Hunter die hard but my biggest complaint with the hunt was that you barely actually 'hunt' the mobs. Sure some you can ask a guy in the nearest town about the weather and if some show up only in certain conditions but they are static mobs that spawn in and just stand around.

I would love to see the system expanded with mobs that patrol a route around a zone, maybe you get items you can only buy with hunt seals or crafters make them like traps and things to snare them even if your class has no good snare unless its the 'stop doing damage kind' which is kind of pointless in a one mob fight. And maybe gear that seems graphically more like hunting gear than the very strange stuff my immortal flames vendor gives me that looks more like faction pvp armour.

I think the best way to improve the hunts is vastly improve the rewards,but also vastly increase how hard it is to find and beat them.

Shit give us the option to capture the beasts instead, theres a guildleve about doing so, theres a dungeon where they send monsters to train adventurers and so on, it makes perfect thematic sense to go capture a hunt monster with some items ala monster hunters traps and tranq bombs instead of a static mob you zerg.

I just think it would be cool to see more diversity, like you see the group of 8 in their raid gear and you know they are off to a dungeon, you see the group in pvp gear and know they are off to the wolves den, so why no more complex hunts that have players watching players in gear that looks less pvp and more woodsman/hunter outfits ala bloodbourne or even monster hunter style armour made from monster parts picking up bounties and heading out into the world making beginners think 'wow they look cool, i want to be one of those players someday!'

I still don't think it's that hard.

Phase 1 - don't stand in front of him, kill adds. (tanks have a swap)
    Phase 2 - Take the mark on your head away from people (common in most fights) & don't stand in stuff. Tank needs to move for tank buster vs group blast.
    Phase 3 - Stand on high/low opposite your debuff. Stack appropriate number on marked target with the orbs over their head. Avoid the clones that charge.
    Phase 4 - ABC pattern mentioned above (or get out/collapse combo), don't stand in AoEs & stack for first blast during split phase and avoid mega beam, then repeat.

I've only been doing the fight once a week for my token. I'd rather Square keep their fights designed with expectation of players learning the fights and completing them than toning it down down down to WoW's LFR levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I've only been doing the fight once a week for my token. I'd rather Square keep their fights designed with expectation of players learning the fights and completing them than toning it down down down to WoW's LFR levels.
    Absolutely.
    Because if they don't all guilds that can't raid savage won't have any content at all.

Phase 2 - Take the mark on your head away from people (common in most fights) & don't stand in stuff. Tank needs to move for tank buster vs group blast.
    Phase 3 - Stand on high/low opposite your debuff. Stack appropriate number on marked target with the orbs over their head. Avoid the clones that charge.
    Phase 4 - ABC pattern mentioned above (or get out/collapse combo), don't stand in AoEs & stack for first blast during split phase and avoid mega beam, then repeat.

I definitely prefer stuff like this to say twintania which was "okay everyone hide here to basically skip this mechanic then kill snakes!" which feels kind of like when you cheese a dark souls enemy by trapping them in a doorway too small for them if that makes sense. In A8 its an open plane and any fuck ups are almost always on you and everyone has a level of responsibility to git gud rather than tunnel vision dps. Its not a hard fight, but its one where everyone is active and thats raiding at its best.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

Probably not hard, just not worth the effort - you only do it once a week and for 7 times if you are going just for the weapon.

SE will design fights to maximize subscription rate. Period.

It merely pisses me off that you don't know where to get shit.

I thought, similar to the already visible 240 upgrade gear that you get the stone in the new void ark yet to come.
    So I never bothered wiping me arse off in Alexander. <_<
    That tidbit was buried in the umpteen bazillion page patch notes.

That being said, there's often a form of TL;DR of any major patch note release on Reddit the day of said patch release.

If it makes you feel better, I've known how to get the 230 lore weapon since 3.2 release yet haven't even tried to get it.

Probably not hard, just not worth the effort - you only do it once a week and for 7 times if you are going just for the weapon.

SE will design fights to maximize subscription rate. Period.
    /shrug

15 minutes once a week if you're only after the weapon is all the fight takes if it goes smoothly. Some probably run it for the tokens for gear too. A lot of players gear multiple classes, after all. I don't see how the fight's design is to maximize subscription rate.