15+ Year Old Account
    The most I can see them doing for nerfing unidentified items is making it so that you can buy them with centurios for maybe 200 each. Heavensward hunts are already kind of meh because centurio seals don't buy anything meaningful. If the gear upgrades require centurios again in 3.3, there will be a small spike in interest, then it will go back down.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

*sigh*

Fine, everything has a cost and nothing is ever good. All things are taking from you and I should embrace the most negative, sour view of everything.

Geez.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-05-03 at 11:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I will say this.
    I want Maid Outfit, now.
    NOW
    NWIWNeak;lrjhaewntvjeawrhntbklware;rew
    I concur, nothing I like more than maid outfits on my characters in videogames and that one from the 7-11 deal looks great. I have two of the better looking maid costumes (and the one plate one that uses the maid costume as a base http://i.imgur.com/Be60okM.png) on my reaper in TERA too.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    My friend makes this argument. I consider it ridiculous.
    "I got coupons for two free hamburgers!"
    "UGH, yeah, but it's not even free since you have to drive to the restaurant and walk in. So it's not even free at all!"

........*smack* STFU, no free burger for you, jerk.

Haha, no, no, no. I got about a level or level and a half from the gathering for this crafting kick.

The majority of my gathering leveling is leves and GC turn ins, for sure.
    The point is, it's not "free". There is a cost. Opportunity cost.

Maybe it's cheaper or you gain more by doing it yourself - xp and whatnot. But it's not "free" when you use the mats you gathered.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

15+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

Fine, everything has a cost and nothing is ever good. All things are taking from you and I should embrace the most negative, sour view of everything.

Geez.
    Noooo, don't turn to the dark side. I'll accept your offering of free burgers ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Noooo, don't turn to the dark side. I'll accept your offering of free burgers ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

We're burger buddies now. These other people can gripe about how they weren't really free, but we'll be nomming.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh*

Geez.
    Dude this isn't about being negative. This is Economics 101.

That said, there are free things in life, e.g. if I come up to you and gave you the mats, no charge, than it's 100% free - or at least the cost isn't paid by you.

But gathering it yourself isn't free.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

*sigh*

Geez.
    That's not really the point either. Why do you have to take it from one extreme all the way to the other?

The point was "I hit 60 on all crafting classes and didn't spend any gil doing it, yay, I accomplished something"

But instead, it got dragged into "no, you actually had to spend blah blah blah blah blah" :P

So nobody (except Kaelwryn) gets hamburgers now! >:|

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it has. There is nothing "sour" about it though.
    Something having a cost isn't a negative attribute. It's a simple fact of life that nothing comes w/o effort and nothing is ever free.
    If you are aware of the cost you may cherish the item more, opposed to thinking it is free and taking it for granted.

- - - Updated - - -

So nobody (except Kaelwryn) gets hamburgers now! >:|
    No biggie, I don't eat junkfood anyway. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, you don't eat hamburgers? HERETIC! KILL IT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa, you don't eat hamburgers? HERETIC! KILL IT!
    Self made ones, sure.
    But the slimy ones from Micky-D and co are way too salty and expensive for my taste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Indeed it has. There is nothing "sour" about it though.
    Something having a cost isn't a negative attribute. It's a simple fact of life that nothing comes w/o effort and nothing is ever free.
    If you are aware of the cost you may cherish the item more, opposed to thinking it is free and taking it for granted.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it so hard to go "yay you, you didn't spend a single gil to level up your crafting!" Instead you go "uh b-but wait a minute, you did spend something. You spent time, and time is money!" Someone pointing out that there is a cost is just annoying, and honestly what is really gained from doing that? Very little. congratulations, you pointed out that nothing in life is free and you probably (did) annoy the other person! Whoopie! Do you feel better?

Let people have their moment, jezus.

Self made ones, sure.
    But the slimy ones from Micky-D and co are way too salty and expensive for my taste.
    We just avoided a war for all eternity. :3

Every time I watch Log Horizon, it makes me want to play FFXIV. And I want Culinarian to be able to make hamburgers. Because reasons.

Why is it so hard to go "yay you, you didn't spend a single gil to level up your crafting!" Instead you go "uh b-but wait a minute, you did spend something. You spent time, and time is money!" Someone pointing out that there is a cost is just annoying, and honestly what is really gained from doing that? Very little. congratulations, you pointed out that nothing in life is free and you probably (did) annoy the other person! Whoopie! Do you feel better?

It's easy to say yay you, you got all crafts to 60, gratz on that. Why does someone feel the need to advertise they did it without spending gil, even though they lost gil the way they did it? Why would I congratulate someone on wasting time gil?

and yeah, we may have annoyed the other person, but people that do not understand opportunity cost annoy me, so whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn
    Why is it so hard to go "yay you, you didn't spend a single gil to level up your crafting!"
    Because it is factually incorrect.
    If I farm 10 onions, I could either level crafting or sell them on the market board.
    If I level crafting, I essentially paid the price in gil as if I had sold them (most level mats sell rather well). So there really isn't much difference between buying them and farming them in terms of monetary cost, except that you do not see your gil counter go down if you farm them.
    Yes, I forgot that people love to think themselves away from reality and make up illusions. My bad.

Guess I'm too deeply rooted in sciences for that to ever happen to me.

- - - Updated - - -

And I want Culinarian to be able to make hamburgers. Because reasons.
    Wait, what we cannot?
    No one ever invented the Burger in Eorzea?!

Think about the cash if our characters could open the first burger franchise.... :O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Why would I congratulate someone on wasting time?
    You are generalizing too hard here.
    Whether farming wastes time or saves time entirely depends on the ease of farming and the prices of the materials.

You have to make an individual judgment call on every mat. Some low mats sell for less that you'd spent to teleport into the zone. It would be idiotic to farm them, others are so expensive, yet trivial to create that it would be idiotic to buy them.

Also, if Faroth has FUN leveling crafting, I'd hardly call it "wasted" time. After all the purpose of the game is to have fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I like your name, cool Kael'thas tribute.
    I was actually trying to make a dragon name (ala Wow's dragons.) but I don't think I succeeded. But I don't really mind if it invokes Kael'thas instead. He's cool, until Magisters' Terrace.

You are generalizing too hard here.
    Whether farming wastes time or saves time entirely depends on the ease of farming and the prices of the materials.

You have to make an individual judgment call on every mat. Some low mats sell for less that you'd spent to teleport into the zone. It would be idiotic to farm them, others are so expensive, yet trivial to create that it would be idiotic to buy them.

Also, if Faroth has FUN leveling crafting, I'd hardly call it "wasted" time. After all the purpose of the game is to have fun.
    ok, fixed it.

At the same time, previously I mentioned I am the same way. I do prefer to be self sufficient when crafting, gathering my own materials as well. However, I do not go out seeking other people's praise for doing this, I do it for me and my own personal satisfaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Meh, the goal was to make a, "Why'd you correct me, gosh!" joke with that, but you were kinda cool about it so now I'd feel bad if I did that. ><
    I'm sorry. :c The name was intended to be a wow related name, and I have definitely seen the similarity to Kael'thas so its hard to get upset over someone thinking it is related.

Also I 'whooshed' and thought you were just trying to offer a diversion in the conversation. XD
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2016-05-04 at 02:08 PM.

Today's light bulb (and embarassing) moment of the day:

Realizing you've played all this time and never unlocked retainer ventures. I probably saw/breadcrumbed to the quest but totally forgot to do it. Now to level up retainers...wheee!

On the beast tribe note, unlocked the HW ones (Vath + Gundu)...much more palatable since you get rep with them at a reasonable rate. I had thought I would be doing months of dailies with them a la the ARR ones, so I never bothered starting them.