15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Yup; I took the time a week or two prior to 3.3 to spam run VA for enough tokens to upgrade the DRK ilvl 200 armor to 210 mainly for the purpose of glamour (the 210 is dyeable, 200 isn't).

Then of course the patch notes for 3.3 hit and SE is like "you'll need farthing + penny from WC for your 230-240 upgrades, so I was like "HNNNNGGGGGGHHHH" when I saw that. Oh well, I'm still using that armor as glamour.
    Sadly since I am on the current relic step I have no esoterics to spare on armor for my alts.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Its okay we all enjoy taking pictures of ourselves :P.
    Ain't that the truth. To be honest, I feel like I don't hit the screenshot button enough, especially with the /gpose and /icam added options, and I'm just under 4k screenshots taken so far.

Related to the above oddity of a tell - saw a charmingly named individual - Pussie Destroyer - spamming one of the male Au Ra emotes behind random female characters that made it look like he was humping them. Was more bemused than anything...though when he decided my character was his next target I just said "Good way to get reported" in /say chat and he ran off.

Didn't mention the reporting probably would have been for the emote chat spam (which blacklisting thankfully hides), but it was amusing to watch him stop for a second, and then run off to some other part of Ul'dah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Sadly since I am on the current relic step I have no esoterics to spare on armor for my alts.
    Heh, yeah. For context, I had completed my anima at that point (for BLM), and I was about to cap on esos, so I shrugged and was like "why the hell not?".

I actually used those 210 pieces until I replaced them with dungeon drops and/or lore gear after 3.3.

I'm in the same predicament you're in, though. I have DRG at about 75% of the way through 59 to 60, and I don't have a level 60 weapon ready to go at all. Esos are still going towards my 240 anima, then after that they'll go toward my DRK anima...

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, yeah. For context, I had completed my anima at that point (for BLM), and I was about to cap on esos, so I shrugged and was like "why the hell not?".

I actually used those 210 pieces until I replaced them with dungeon drops and/or lore gear after 3.3.

I'm in the same predicament you're in, though. I have DRG at about 75% of the way through 59 to 60, and I don't have a level 60 weapon ready to go at all. Esos are still going towards my 240 anima, then after that they'll go toward my DRK anima...
    Soon as I finish getting lore gear for my smn i'll just start getting it for other classes brd/mch gear should be nxt since they share gear (blm is almost 60 but it will share my smn gear)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Ain't that the truth. To be honest, I feel like I don't hit the screenshot button enough, especially with the /gpose and /icam added options, and I'm just under 4k screenshots taken so far.

Related to the above oddity of a tell - saw a charmingly named individual - Pussie Destroyer - spamming one of the male Au Ra emotes behind random female characters that made it look like he was humping them. Was more bemused than anything...though when he decided my character was his next target I just said "Good way to get reported" in /say chat and he ran off.

Didn't mention the reporting probably would have been for the emote chat spam (which blacklisting thankfully hides), but it was amusing to watch him stop for a second, and then run off to some other part of Ul'dah.
    Cactuar is filled with all types of... interesting people like that. There's someone named a similar name "Pantsu Destroyer" and "Booty Sweat". I just don't...

I hate overmelding. Been through loads of crit 4 materia with a 6% chance now that I just gave up. 4/5 slots are melded, 27 crit isn't so bad and tbh I'm over 1k spell speed and crit as BLM so can't really complain about 9 more.

I have a dilemma. My main class is a tank. But I don't like large pulls and AoEing everything down. I like just going along steadily, doing each pack as they come. This never used to be an issue. But lately, dps run ahead, grab the next pack and drag it back to me. I find this very annoying.

Is it reasonable for me to want to play like this? Should I just give up tanking dungeons, or switch to another role/game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I have a dilemma. My main class is a tank. But I don't like large pulls and AoEing everything down. I like just going along steadily, doing each pack as they come. This never used to be an issue. But lately, dps run ahead, grab the next pack and drag it back to me. I find this very annoying.

Is it reasonable for me to want to play like this? Should I just give up tanking dungeons, or switch to another role/game?
    if DPS do that let them die the tank and healer set the pace of a dungeon.

Ask them politely not to. Tank is the one who pace sets. Dps want to do it then they can enjoy being dead imo.

15+ Year Old Account

So long as you're going at a steady pace, fuk 'em. Let them tank that shit and die. Won't lie tho, if I'm on my smn I will be saddemondragonlady because aoe is my jam but I will not pull for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    I didn't even know the farthings were unlimited now at least my alts can all have 210 weapons now.
    seriously lol. i didn't even realize. ignore my rambling then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the class composition and gear level:
    No. It is not reasonable.

I don't like pulling large packs as a tank either but if the gear allows for it, it is simply part of your job.
    Nothing worse than having a slow run because a timid tank wastes all the AE potential of the DPS.

OFC it is YOUR judgment, after all you have to be able to hold aggro and survive what you pull.
    EG: with Item level 210 I do NOT pull both Gorilla packs. I also do not do super dragged out pulls in Sor Khai because I would probably either die or my healer would get aggro because he has to heal me too much.

Moogle quests at rank 7 grant 3 tokens per day instead of 2.

If this serves as any indicator, they aren't going to directly nerf the unidentified step. They're just going to end up with a bazillion different ways to get the items. Figure with moogle quests, that's an unidentified item every other day, on top of all the other methods to obtain them.

Moogle quests at rank 7 grant 3 tokens per day instead of 2.

If this serves as any indicator, they aren't going to directly nerf the unidentified step. They're just going to end up with a bazillion different ways to get the items. Figure with moogle quests, that's an unidentified item every other day, on top of all the other methods to obtain them.
    Wish the other HW tribes were like this aswell :\

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Wish the other HW tribes were like this aswell :\
    It may be something they do later on. Rather than, say, reducing the amount of unidentified items needed, they just introduce new paths to obtaining them. Makes a lot more sense that way, because who wants to be that person who gets their anima done, then the next day SE is like "lol mats needed reduced by half" or whatever?

Just once in a while you get reminded how dark the world in FFXIV actually is.

http://imgur.com/a/G8INh

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post

There's a FATE in the area...

It's the one where you have to fight either bears or a bear that have gone a bit wild and developed a taste for human style prey...after eating two Miqo'te lovers...

It's not confirmed or anything, but there's a bit of a consensus that the two are related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Eorzea is a rough and cruel place. One should never forget that.

We should be getting the next part of 3.3 within the next fortnight. I'm really looking forward to the Palace of the Dead. We should be getting the crossover event as well as a new Moonfire Faire event and the anniversary event in the coming months too.

Not quite up there with Pamela in Darrowshire, but yeesh. T_T