Palace of the Dead seems nice, might get bit tedious in the long run though, but at least the grand reward is my weakest link

Yo-kai Watch event...After almost finishing up 2 first weapons, I gave (or rather, am going to) up. It can't be worth it, even there's plenty of time left. This would be the first time ever I don't/can't bother with a time-limited reward...Maybe they'll put the rewards to Mog Station like with some other crossover event stuff?

...Please?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I feel that the reward of the RNG based Palace grind is rather "meh".

Sure initially you raise your Padjal level quickly, but at 20+ it gets REALLY frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Palace of the Dead seems nice, might get bit tedious in the long run though, but at least the grand reward is my weakest link

Yo-kai Watch event...After almost finishing up 2 first weapons, I gave (or rather, am going to) up. It can't be worth it, even there's plenty of time left. This would be the first time ever I don't/can't bother with a time-limited reward...Maybe they'll put the rewards to Mog Station like with some other crossover event stuff?

...Please?
    idk why so many people in ff14 ask for so many things to be put in mog station

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *backs off slowly*
    It's not really too bad. We did one or two a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    For whatever reason I had the worst luck with the DRK sword minion. I think it took me 60 fates for just 15 of those medals. The next one I did took half as much.
    Don't worry. 60 fates is nothing. Think about 100+ fates for 15.
    Fuck you RNG.
    Time is money and sometimes it's more worth it to buy it than to farm it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because lame ass grinds aren't fun.

having pretty items is.

It all comes down to what you value more: your disposable income or your free time.
    For most working people it's probably the latter.

nosananolife

To be honest I've grown tired of it really quickly. Its fun but it doesn't have the lasting appeal the Aquapolis did for me as I still run it sometimes. On the other hand I did PoTD twice and never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    To be honest I've grown tired of it really quickly.
    That's because it's essentially 2-3hrs of mindless, tedious trash.

They should have put in a lot less trash floors and a lot more bosses.
    A save system that saves after every floor and beefed up enemies that actually require skill and tactical approaches (since you can then wipe w/o losing tons of progress).

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Because lame ass grinds aren't fun.

having pretty items is.

It all comes down to what you value more: your disposable income or your free time.
    For most working people it's probably the latter.
    idk i'm weird and like long grinds i guess. hate potd though. just not into losing my abilities when i level sync in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    nosananolife

15+ Year Old Account
    Go Go Potato Rangers!

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    Go Go Potato Rangers!
    Sweet. Dinner

10+ Year Old Account
    idk i'm weird and like long grinds i guess.
    Long grinds, no problem. One needs long term motivational goals in an MMO.

Long winded, repetitive, mindmubingly dull grinds for mediocre rewards = meh.

And yes, I too hate the "spend 2.2 of 2.5hrs as a totally broken low level crap character" aspect of Palace.

I'm working on my 5th Yo-Kai weapon now. I'm going to aim for 3-5 legendary medals per day. It's so tedious though - definitely.

>.>

15+ Year Old Account
    I saved myself a little bit of trouble and got 30 blizzaria noko and USApyon medals in preparation for when the weapons will cost 30 since outer la noscea has such a nice little fate grinding spot.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2016-08-07 at 07:05 PM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas which weapons I should grind last, aka. which zones are worst to grind for 30 tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Any ideas which weapons I should grind last, aka. which zones are worst to grind for 30 tokens?
    should probably save monk, astro, and blm for the last 3 as outer la nosc is the best fate spot. western la nosc is also good and that's drk, whm, and scholar.

10+ Year Old Account
    should probably save monk, astro, and blm for the last 3 as outer la nosc is the best fate spot. western la nosc is also good and that's drk, whm, and scholar.
    Hmm, I see -- I've currently obtained WAR, PLD, BRD, and SCH weapons. So think I'll leave MNK/AST/BLM for last.

Also managed to down Thordan Ex tonight, was pretty easy with current gear.

5/13 Yo-Kai weapons obtained. I'll start working on the 6th tomorrow.

i got 2 more weapons today so i'm at 9/13. i also hate southern thanalan now.

Deleted
    Quick question after I somehow stopped playing after reaching level 50 :P
    Is there a site like icy veins for FFXIV (listing optimal rotations, stats etc)? I really don't like the gameplay with all the 1-button-hit-per-rotation-with-20-buttons stuff. Wonder if there is some job which might feel better than Dragoon. Gameplay just doesn't feel engaging... more like amateur piano who plays with one finger and hopes to remember what the next button to press is to not fail the melody :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think your best bet would be the official forum. Nearly every class has threads there that explain the mechanics.

Make no mistake though: SE loves convoluted designs.
    I can't get into playing a DPS class either.
    All them buffs/debuffs/combos/positions to keep track of, combined with the clunky UI makes me go:

"screw it, I heal & tank".

Imho DPS class design is just needlessly complex and flat out awkward to play.