Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    I imagine dying at higher levels will be a bit annoying and costly, since it seems you can only respawn at your home point.
    I think that's how it should be, to be honest. Not only is dying largely inconsequential in WoW nowadays, but it's also pretty hard as well beyond raiding/pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I think that's how it should be, to be honest. Not only is dying largely inconsequential in WoW nowadays, but it's also pretty hard as well beyond raiding/pvp.
    I just wish there were more spawn points a bit closer, like at the nearest Aetheryte you know.

Also, is anyone noticing this test being buggier and/or laggier than the previous test? At least that's the case with me. I'm seeing those sliding animations that were mentioned a few pages back.
    Last edited by sergel02; 2013-06-29 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    I have a question for other people in the beta. Do the first 3 instances share loot, or are they specific? Because I'm interested in the Foestriker's Tabard item, but I haven't been able to find out where it drops.

I imagine dying at higher levels will be a bit annoying and costly, since it seems you can only respawn at your home point.
    Just put the big cities as favored locations and switch the home point to where you are leveling.

I just wish there were more spawn points a bit closer, like at the nearest Aetheryte you know.

Also, is anyone noticing this test being buggier and/or laggier than the previous test? At least that's the case with me. I'm seeing those sliding animations that were mentioned a few pages back.
    I don't know about closest Aetheryte (would be nice, but maybe too forgiving), but I certainly wish it would send you to the main city that corresponds to the zone you died in. Since my characters story took place in the Gridania region, anytime I did class quests for any other zone and died it was such a pain. Having to waste near 1k on teleporting was disappointing, since I'd rather not run across the entire Shroud and Thanalan region just to get to my quest which was located only a couple steps outside of Ul'dah.

I think something like this would be fair:
    Dying in Central Shroud > sends you to Gridania
    Dying in Central Thanalan > sends you to Ul'dah
    etc.

Edit to add:

Just put the big cities as favored locations and switch the home point to where you are leveling.
    This works for the most part when you switch leveling zones entirely, but is pretty inconvenient in terms of expenses/time when you have to go do just 1 quest in a specific zone, such as a class quest or a story quest that sends you to other main cities temporarily.
    Last edited by Snow-Tiger; 2013-06-29 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing this for a day and I'm really enjoying my time spent. The game looks beatifully done. One thing annoys me: the inhability of skipping those "cutscenes"; I find it quite annoying having to go through all the dialogue again if you failed the quest before for example. Is there a way to skip or is it just me being blind?
    Arukas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arukas View Post
    Been playing this for a day and I'm really enjoying my time spent. The game looks beatifully done. One thing annoys me: the inhability of skipping those "cutscenes"; I find it quite annoying having to go through all the dialogue again if you failed the quest before for example. Is there a way to skip or is it just me being blind?
    Press esc then click skip no idea what it is on ps3.

None that I know of. Though they're supposed to be voice acted later. Also the ESC button, but that only works for some.

Meanwhile, I have to unfortunately stop playing for now. I'm getting like 6 FPS. I don't know why it's so laggy this test.

You can skip cutscenes where it is actually a clear playing movie..aside from a select few deemed important. When the camera pans to a different angle in the same setting you're in, with character X talking to you about something, you pretty much have to go through it all. Things where the game goes to an entirely different scene with a bad guy stealing something, or the airship taking off/landing you're free to skip.

Meanwhile, I have to unfortunately stop playing for now. I'm getting like 6 FPS. I don't know why it's so laggy this test.
    I haven't experienced this yet, but my sister hasn't really been able to play much this weekend either because she keeps getting this fps drop on her computer for some unknown reason. It's rather odd and disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the cut scene. Most of em just press your cancel (esc for keyboard, O or X depending on Japanese or Global layout for DS3 and B / A for 360.)
    A little thing should appear at the bottom right to say skip or not.
    If it's not that, whoops.

SO i got in the beta the other day, and I feel kinda lost. All I've been doing is just questing. I have a few questions.

Right now I havea 17 Conjurer, when should I get another class or whatever? Does it matter which I get (does something go hand-in-hand with conjurer?)? What levels do you get jobs? And how does jobs work? Can I only get 1 job or can I pick as many like classes? And what levels are the dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    SO i got in the beta the other day, and I feel kinda lost. All I've been doing is just questing. I have a few questions.

Right now I havea 17 Conjurer, when should I get another class or whatever? Does it matter which I get (does something go hand-in-hand with conjurer?)? What levels do you get jobs? And how does jobs work? Can I only get 1 job or can I pick as many like classes? And what levels are the dungeons?
    Ok jobs aren't in beta yet and you can have ALL batyle classes and I suggest picking em up early on since their skills cab add to your main class.

as for crafting I honestly unno the limit on that.

Oh and you can join other guilds after your level 10 class quest.

I can take screenshots right, to show a friend? also....could I record a video or is that coupled with "streaming" that you can't do still?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I can take screenshots right, to show a friend? also....could I record a video or is that coupled with "streaming" that you can't do still?
    Screenshots yes, video / streaming no.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Screenshots yes, video / streaming no.
    Alright, thanks.

How can I switch my class? It says it's as easy as changing my main hand weapon but as a thaumaturge I can only use scepters and staves (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ok jobs aren't in beta yet and you can have ALL batyle classes and I suggest picking em up early on since their skills cab add to your main class.

as for crafting I honestly unno the limit on that.

Oh and you can join other guilds after your level 10 class quest.
    oh i see. so other than level classes and doing a dungeon what else is there to look out for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    oh i see. so other than level classes and doing a dungeon what else is there to look out for?
    You need to talk to the other guild / class people. So if you're a conjy and want to be an archer, you need to go to the archer guild and talk to that one guild person. Obviously need to finish that level 10 class quest first.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow-Tiger View Post

I haven't experienced this yet, but my sister hasn't really been able to play much this weekend either because she keeps getting this fps drop on her computer for some unknown reason. It's rather odd and disappointing.
    I tried a Japanese server and it was a little better. Maybe since there was less ppl on since it was in the morning.
    I also turned down the spell affects of other players so hopefully that helps a little.

Anywho, I'm kind of liking Marauder. I like the starting zone, some of the skills are cool, and I love the armor they get. They run out of TP pretty easily in long fights though. I just...don't want to only tank. In lower level stuff they could maybe melee dps and off tank, but When you get the warrior job, tanking is pretty much all you'll be doing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    How can I switch my class? It says it's as easy as changing my main hand weapon but as a thaumaturge I can only use scepters and staves (I think)
    After doing your level 10 class quest for your starter class, go to the guild of the class you want to switch to and talk to the guild receptionist a couple times. This will allow you to join and you will be able to equip weapons for that class allowing you to swap to it - you will also be given a level 1 starting weapon for your new class.