Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Second as a less then stellar geared player right now(yay life) and Ilv 226 it is definitely gear bloat playing a part.
    Part of it is the relative ease of the dungeons overall...but yeah, Xelphatol is designed around a group being able to complete it (with little trouble) with ilevel 210 gear. If most of the group was in the 245+ range (not at all uncommon these days) then being able to clear it with no tank actually doesn't surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anzaman, you avatar looks totally cute with that Winter veil hat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Part of it is the relative ease of the dungeons overall...but yeah, Xelphatol is designed around a group being able to complete it (with little trouble) with ilevel 210 gear. If most of the group was in the 245+ range (not at all uncommon these days) then being able to clear it with no tank actually doesn't surprise me.
    Yep. This will only get worse with the continued exponential ilvl growth.
    After all, in Mists I was able to tank HC dungeon bosses. As a shadowpriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Anzaman, you avatar looks totally cute with that Winter veil hat.
    Thanks, it's Crescent Moon Cone. Here's whole screenshot.

Very happy with my character now, feels like I finally after 1½ years unmasked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I wouldn't know how 1.0 was handled. I started in beta for ARR. The issue I'm talking about is specifically once you hit 50 and start doing the end of 2.0 to around 2.3. It has SO fucking many fetch quests, so much of it is filler. It NEEDS to be trimmed down.
    Funny how often the amount of fetch quests (particularly those that don't really add anything to the plot) gets misremembered - it's really a small portion of the 2.x series, mixed in with various tasks or talking that help set the stage for the more interesting developments that really begin to pick up during parts of 2.3 and beyond.

So remove fetch quests...congrats, you'll have shaved maybe 20-25 minutes off your leveling experience, and that's if you'd have watched the cutscenes to go with them.

I mean really it's just the "You're Gonna Carry That" and "The Things We Do for Tea" that have you go out and fetch stuff without impact to the story, and even if you changed things like getting the Ward Stone from the Sunken Temple (technically you are fetching something, but it's for a salient plot reason that has its justification in the previous attack that crippled the Scions for a while) to not require time spent in a dungeon you're looking at a best case scenario of trimming an hour or three off the MSQ. Most of the 2.x series is either dungeons or plot stuff related to the three major arcs - refugees/Ul'dah, Primals, or Ishgard.

The kind of person that's going to just want to skip to close to where their friends are, or the current expansion, is going to think you're crazy for thinking that shaving off a few hours would mean any sort of meaningful change to the process of completing the MSQ.

You'd have to start cutting out significantly sized important plot elements entirely to make any sort of real dent that someone who finds it daunting would see as meaningful...and I don't know about you, but I'd rather not lose any story content for the sake of those that aren't that interested in the first place.

If a story and job skip potion means that the story gets left alone and they have more time for new story? I'm all for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Very happy with my character now, feels like I finally after 1½ years unmasked her.
    *chuckles* we'll see how long it takes for the phantasia addiction to resurface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    if there is a way to skip the MSQ i'd probably give it a go again. while leveling i hated getting forced into dungeons.. it sucked waiting for them to pop and i felt a bit like an asshole sitting there watching the the cutscenes(hearing that there's almost hour long cutscenes at 50 don't help either).

besides the job i wanted to play isn't even available until level 60 apparently.
    Just a note, you can rewatch dungeon cutscenes from the journal or whatever it's called in English in the Inn/house (if you place one). So you can skip them and just come back to the inn and watch em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    *chuckles* we'll see how long it takes for the phantasia addiction to resurface.
    Hopefully never, at most it'll probably strike again when I'm bored in-game and try to refresh it with changing characters visual appearance.

Was more of journey to find right character for me, previous catgirl was nice but the face just didn't feel right for me. Spent a lot time as Au Ra, but every single time neck/head scales started to bug me too much. If I could remove those, maybe - but it's not an available option.

Also, I want this as emote.

Just skimmed over official translation of the jump potion post. Did he mention whether or not such a thing with be. I fled with Stormblood to any degree? Reading through via phone so maybe I overlooked it.

5000 yen for both story and level skip is roughly $42, so 40-45 on top of buying the base game plus both xpacs isn't exactly cheap...which is good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Just skimmed over official translation of the jump potion post. Did he mention whether or not such a thing with be. I fled with Stormblood to any degree? Reading through via phone so maybe I overlooked it.

5000 yen for both story and level skip is roughly $42, so 40-45 on top of buying the base game plus both xpacs isn't exactly cheap...which is good imo.
    Exactly. The point of a paid boost is to not devalue levelling. I'll say it again. It in no way affects anyone. It's a simple boost to 50 or 60 in Stormblood. A lot of MMOs have adopted the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Just skimmed over official translation of the jump potion post. Did he mention whether or not such a thing with be. I fled with Stormblood to any degree?
    Likely to be implemented between the release of Stormblood and the following expansion.

"However, I predict that we will end up introducing this service at some point between the release of Stormblood and the expansion pack that comes after." - near the bottom of the post.

So it will likely be a bump to 60, with a chance of it not being implemented until the third expansion (at which point it would be probably 6 years since launch, with 70 levels and an upcoming 10 more, and probably close to 1000 quests as part of the MSQ from start to finish - basically the kind of time when a catch up mechanic of the jump potion type would start to make sense for the health of the game).

Welp back to the PLD grind. 2 more levels to get my last class to 50, b-back to deep dungeon i go.

Yayyy....

10+ Year Old Account
    I played this game a bit, never hit max level. There's just too many games to play to justify a 15$/month anymore.

Still, I'm glad this game does well. It felt much more polished than its initial release and that seems to be the pulse here.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I played this game a bit, never hit max level. There's just too many games to play to justify a 15$/month anymore.

Still, I'm glad this game does well. It felt much more polished than its initial release and that seems to be the pulse here.
    I feel the 15 is more then fair for a game that gives us so much

At the very least its easily worth it to come back every 6 months for a month or two. Its incredibly easy to catch up in this game so its not a big deal to take a long break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I feel the 15 is more then fair for a game that gives us so much
    Oh I'm not saying it's not worth it. I don't feel it is worth it in my case, when I'm still stuck behind Black Desert, WoW, Archeage, Guild Wars 2, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2. If I am to spend only 20 hours per months on it, I'd rather keep my 15$, but that's on an individual basis. Last I heard, the game does very well in term of money.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

God damn i am salty right now. 4 41-50 deep dungeon runs on PLD with a party where everyone is a 'tank' but the other 3 are all green leaf players on a tank class with no job there "because power levels xD" that wont stop and listen to advice, chain ninja pull and do not understand you turn away when the glowing purple eye appears. 4 attempts and all wipes because new players who refuse to listen want to power level a class whos role they dont understand or want to learn to play wipe the party at Edda because they simply refuse to learn 1 turn mechanic.

And people say boost potions will flood high level stuff with bad players. Good lord, there are Canadium Salt mines less sodium rich than i am, i just want to get this damn job to 50 and be done with ques.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've my weapon and armor at cap, I've just been spamming floors 1-10 for quick exp.

No need to worry about others, just kill couple mobs, try to grab couple hidden treasures (for achievement) and move to next floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Yet their complaints are just as acceptable as mine which doesnt mention bad players. What bothers me the most that theres unfortunately some that will accept anything without any thought not concerns.

I dont believe these boosts are for new players as Yoshi-P wants us to believe... if anything a f2p transition is more new player friendly than boosts with still a subscription fee but thats another controversy that will happen in due time

He clearly states that FFXIV is in the downfall state of life just as with WoW bit after Cataclysm?? Getting new players is one thing but will it keep them interested enough to keep subscribing or even coming back to next major content patch / expansion? I say it wont to even being barely noticeable... what we have now and what has happen in the past will roughly be the same way in the future

I'm more concern about the MSQ boost than the level boost but considering they will have multiple boosts for each specific expansion n adding more n more... you start seeing the problem

Of course its optional and doesnt bother anyone but any other mmo that done a boost has handle way better than what Yoshi-P way of doing it... why I mention previously that Yoshi-P has outlived his usefulness as director/producer... its cause of this and the future of the game's business side of it

I ask you all... name me another MMO besides WoW that still has required subscription with a "optional" boost
    Why do you put quotation marks over boost? The boost in nearly ever other MMO is optional and it always will be.

Cause some feel its mandatory to play the game perhaps some feel it needs to exist just like Yoshi-P... you cant disagree with both of those

I'm with you thats its optional nor it hurts no one...
    Yes you can. It's an optional purchase. Fact. Nobody puts a gun to your head saying by the boost. You are free to level normally. Yoshi can feel it needs to exist but if he states it's a mandatory purchase then as much as I respect him sorry but he's wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm addressing the concern that Yoshi-P think this is how you bring in new players when really it appeals to existing and may be just may be get those who think boosts are necessary n cant live without it
    I would like to know where he said this.