Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    If you can only think in such a limited way, then your UI configuration will be limited, hence as I said, most people don't know how to set up a proper configuration, I have developed my UI so nothing is in the middle, and everything I need is in my peripheral vision, I don't need to hunt for anything and I can see things just fine in the centre of the screen.

Once you have developed a proper UI, this in turn is developed through practice and iteration, you can then innately know which CD is what with little to no hunting, addons simply make this process easier or in some cases, does it all for you which is what a lot of players actually do, I develop my UI constantly and its modular by design and as a result, it makes my life easier in dealing with the class mechanics and boss mechanics.
    It has nothing to do with thinking in a limited way, they themselves, admitted that the UI and ability management is making them unable to do proper encounters. If you can't remodel certain elements in the UI to cater to your needs then the UI itself is garbage, no matter how much you can "Customize" layouts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It has nothing to do with thinking in a limited way, they themselves, admitted that the UI and ability management is making them unable to do proper encounters. If you can't remodel certain elements in the UI to cater to your needs then the UI itself is garbage, no matter how much you can "Customize" layouts
    The reason what you say is tripe, is because there are players out there that are handling both the class mechanics and boss mechanics just fine, SE panders too much to the lower skilled players, which is why they are trying very hard to narrow the performance gaps with players, lower skilled players do not touch their UIs much at all, the voice from the skilled playerbase is largely ignored by SE these days, people want more harder content, instead we got less this expansion.

The UI should always needs to be improved, UI should always go through improvements and should never stagnate but to say you can't produce a decent UI setup right now is just a load of crap, I won't deny theres a number of things I want but my UI is far from your limited 2 variations you think a UI can be.

Deleted
    Is it me or appart from samourai being DPS and doma / susano, we know nothing new ?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Did they mention anything about the combat revamp? I heard they would talk about it this fanfest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Did they mention anything about the combat revamp? I heard they would talk about it this fanfest

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Thanks Miqo'waifu

hoping they delete slashing/piercing/etc debuffs. one of the biggest reasons for certain jobs being left to the side in raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Class specific UIs?

Well that sounds awkward.
    Bummer to hear that they target the same number of actions classes have now, because imho some have way too damn much.
    I'd love to see the lame 1-2-3 combos go away. Useless button bloat, since you never really interrupt such a combo on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Class specific UIs?

Bummer to hear that they target the same number of actions classes have now, because imho some have way too damn much.
    I'd love to see the lame 1-2-3 combos go away. Useless button bloat, since you never really interrupt such a combo on purpose.
    It doesn't have to be awkward if implemented well. As an example, Warriors could have a small bar under their characters name plate that fills up as they build Wrath/Abandon. It would be small, unintrusive and only visible to the Warrior.

As for the combos... I sort of agree. I don't think removing them entirely is a good plan, but allowing the entirity of the combo to be placed into one or two buttons would go a long way to freeing up hotbar space. Like how GW 2 does it, only without the autofire option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    It doesn't have to be awkward if implemented well. As an example, Warriors could have a small bar under their characters name plate that fills up as they build Wrath/Abandon. It would be small, unintrusive and only visible to the Warrior.

As for the combos... I sort of agree. I don't think removing them entirely is a good plan, but allowing the entirity of the combo to be placed into one or two buttons would go a long way to freeing up hotbar space. Like how GW 2 does it, only without the autofire option.
    Sure, if they limit it to such UI elements (EG: a better way to track Enochian via timer bar) it's okay. I just hope they don't make big changes from class to class.

The combos should be purged from most classes. I mean why? Why does every melee class have to have this lame 1-2-3 combo system? It makes them all feel the same. E.g.: Doesn't matter that much which tank I play, they all work the same way: Aggro combo vs mitigation combo + a few CDs and extras sprinkled on top.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Class specific UIs?

There's a lot of room to further streamline the interface without undermining the complexity of each class. Breaking down combos to a single button which updates based on where you are in the chain would take out a lot of button for the sake of buttons.

Edit: StrawberryZebra beat me to it
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Breaking down combos to a single button which updates based on where you are in the chain would take out a lot of button for the sake of buttons.
    AION used to do that if I am not mistaken. You could customize these combos as well, since some of them had different paths. Was pretty cool.

Sure, if they limit it to such UI elements (EG: a better way to track Enochian via timer bar) it's okay. I just hope they don't make big changes from class to class.

The combos should be purged from most classes. I mean why? Why does every melee class have to have this lame 1-2-3 combo system? It makes them all feel the same. E.g.: Doesn't matter that much which tank I play, they all work the same way: Aggro combo vs mitigation combo + a few CDs and extras sprinkled on top.
    I like the combos. Dislike how every class in WoW devolved into spamming a filler and pressing other abilities when they light up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas if SE can do anything about this?

This player has been AFK'ing there (at my house) whole day..

Welp Day 2 over and I have to say I've really enjoyed myself for my first Fanfest. Sat back in my hotel room now and will probably be back in England for Tuesday but well have to say it's the most fun I've had at an event in a long time. Managed to get a couple of self made t-shirts signed by Yoshi, Koji, Nobuo and Soken so I'm happy.

Guess I will be playing both Samurai and Red Mage on launch since they are both DPS but obviously Red Mage first.

Something tells me as well if Proto Ultima drops 270 accessories then it won't be a 24 man or doable through DF. Will be Raid Finder and I'm guessing that's it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-02-19 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Yeah, but Yoshi did that thing again where he said they would remove and combine abilities, then he goes and says that at level 70 you will have around the same amount you had at 70.

What the guy said below me.
    No he said that they're revamping it so at 70 you'll have roughly the same amount of buttons as you have now...and what we have now is level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by xis3 View Post
    Is it me or appart from samourai being DPS and doma / susano, we know nothing new ?
    they mentioned a butt slider in character creation.

THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Guess I will be playing both Samurai and Red Mage on launch since they are both DPS but obviously Red Mage first.
    I am going to have difficulty picking which one to do first. Pretty sure I'll pick em both up and then just stick to whichever feels better to me AND has the better story. Honestly, many of the class stories turned me away, or pushed that class farther down my priority list when they were lackluster. If the class is both fun to play and has a good story...bonus points and there's my new "main."

Regardless, hyped about Stormblood now more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I am going to have difficulty picking which one to do first. Pretty sure I'll pick em both up and then just stick to whichever feels better to me AND has the better story. Honestly, many of the class stories turned me away, or pushed that class farther down my priority list when they were lackluster. If the class is both fun to play and has a good story...bonus points and there's my new "main."

Regardless, hyped about Stormblood now more than ever.
    Oh it'll be Red Mage for me hands down. Story could be trash I'd still play it. First time I played a Red Mage was in 5 and since then I've been in love with it. Of course the MMO one differs a little from the single player ones but I just love the job in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll do SAM first, cuz I want a melee dps to play. I didn't really click with any of the current ones at 60 so hopefully SAM does it for. If it doesn't tho, oh well.