Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Yeah exactly. I wouldn't worry about it just yet as like Granyala said most of the stuff inside the cash shop is nearly zero effort as it's already something that exists in the game.

We do get some exclusive stuff here and there like the Moogle mounts but its rare. Of course that might change in Stormblood... but as long as its not a repeat of Warlords of Draenor were WoW barely get any content while they released a new mount every 3 months then I'm perfectly fine with it.

edit; Oh yeah one big plus in my eyes to the cash shop I find is its probably the reason we get new seasonal rewards every year. I mean it gives them a reason to make new stuff right? Put old years junk on there and make new stuff for next year which eventually will end up on there too.
    I was disappointed the moogle mount wasn't rewarding from getting max rep rank with the crafting moogles, although that would've put them with having 2 mounts instead of 1, and with that second mount being a 2 seater...that might've irked a lot of people who don't craft nor care to.

Somewhat split on them putting old seasonal rewards on the cash shop. On one hand, I like that they update the rewards for those to give reason to do them year after year (unlike similar events in WoW, which several haven't changed since I did all the achievements for them 8-9 years ago). That being said, I'd rather them put the old stuff in through something as simple as a repeated quest or such. The last Halloween event was a good way of how they could've done that. Of course, people would complain they turned a seasonal event into a grind were they to go that route.

I'm a weirdo who's saving up Odin Mantles in the hilariously unlikely scenario they actually allow you to turn those things in for the Sleipnir mount...but my god at the rage were they to do that all these years after people bought that thing for $25 USD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Good point. Curious where they'll end up. I never had any ping issues from the Mid-Atlantic, but it wasn't terribly good either.

Or instead of putting FF11 inspired gear in the station they could put it in the game to earn. That'd be the better move 100%.
    I'm way down in the south, pretty much as far away as one can be from Montreal and still be in NA on EST, and I've never once had significant ping/lag that wasn't due to my own ISP.

So long as they keep to the theme of "Scions/story character glams cash shop only" and don't start bringing in more and more such things (such as the 11 gear mentioned), the cash shop would remain tolerable. I'm of the mindset it should only be for services (server transfer, fantasia, etc.), but they aren't going to suddenly stop saying no to people's money if folks continue to make dumb suggestions/ideas at various Q&As on things they want in the game and don't mind shelling out real cash for them (the specific example of which recently occured at PAX East eludes me).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Once again, thanks so much for all the information! It is really helpful.

If leveling a separate job or class on a character which already has some jobs or classes leveled up, do you level new ones faster? If you've already done the quests in zones (assuming this game works like other games in this respect) how do you level new jobs? Dungeons, grinding, dynamic events? I mostly ask because if my lady is playing from level 1 and I'm already leveled up do a degree, I'm not sure going do to a level 1 job would allow us to do the same quests together. Starting an alt from scratch in WoW sounds less convoluted in this respect.

Class/job questions were just as much for me as for her, as I love earthy lore classes.

Is black mage as complex as everyone makes it out to be? Are other ranged caster jobs easier to learn? Summoner/conjurer sounds really cool.

Is leveling as a healing job difficult or do you have reasonable access to damage abilities? All of the healer jobs sound really cool to me (white mage, scholar and astrologian, specifically). Are any easier to grasp for a newbie, and are you strictly healing allies like in WoW, or do you also contribute to dungeon/raid damage?
    I know super late but most stick to main story abd unlock quests(the blue ones) while running a daily dungeon. Later on you will unlock a place called palace if the dead it let's you go in at level one and try out new classes

As for dps healers damn did you step on a hornets jest. Yes dps is possible as a healer so much so in fact that some require it(my only issue is when hardcore raiders bring that mentality to casual parts of the game) but yep Def a thing.

And their are repeatable quests and things called guildheist. The guildheist do give extra xp PER class the first time run and are unlocked around level 10.

The hunt log I also recommend if only because it nets you a free starter ring at 50 amd as your first one may cone in handy(they will give you a full free starter set of gear for your class quest though abd better gear as you do main story..all former valor gear in wow terms)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Ouch. Diadem seems to be 'dying' - at least in regards to the queue times on Balmung shifting from 5 minutes up to 15-30. That was as a DPS, though so I may try my luck queuing as a PLD instead.
    Well technically speaking the expansion officially ended this week so the folks playing for the story are probably dropping off for an 11 week break, most of us still playing seem to be in housekeeping mode getting stuff ready for RDM/SAM and making money and such. Diadem doesnt really reliably help with either since 280 weapons wont be any good at lvl.70 and materia is so worthless now thanks to diadem you can save the time by just dropping 20k on a materia and then make like 4 leatherworker glamours for the new story set to make it back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    I wish they'd put wind up Shantotto in mog station. Hell, as a former FFXI player, chuck FFXI glamour looking gear in Station.
    I have some of my former FFXI linkshell buds who finally jumped because RDM made everyone finally cave who are insanely jelly of my wind up Shantotto. They really should just recycle the event in some fashion, though i imagine they probably think the Rapsodies of Vanadiel event was them closing the book on FFXI tie ins. Still i would rather see things like that than just costumes.

-Unless its 2B's outfit in a Nier cross over of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...Hatching_tide/

...Well that's something. Giant egg mount.

"Has been blessed by another vision from the twelve deities"

Is this a goddamn Broken Matt Hardy reference?

Knowing Koji Fox i would not be surprised to see them make a reference to the Hildebrand of Wrestling like this

The real question (and time will tell) is how much of that cash shop money goes into improving the game, vs. into more cash shop dev (thus creating the circle I so terribly fear). Its easy to say SB has 3x budget, except 2/3 of that increased budget is earmarked to the new cash shop dev.
    I really doubt they would earmark 24 million to the cash shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Or instead of putting FF11 inspired gear in the station they could put it in the game to earn. That'd be the better move 100%.
    Or they could put in original content to be earned in the game (which they've been doing anyway and show no signs of slowing down on that) and put extras from other games in the shop as a way to draw additional revenue that then gets used to benefit the game further.

From a practical point of view that's the better move.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    I really doubt they would earmark 24 million to the cash shop.

Or they could put in original content to be earned in the game (which they've been doing anyway and show no signs of slowing down on that) and put extras from other games in the shop as a way to draw additional revenue that then gets used to benefit the game further.

From a practical point of view that's the better move.
    Re-reading my post it seems I implied that they're actually using 2/3s for cash shop dev. That's not my intent. My intent was we don't know how much, but if we keep supporting the cash shop in ways like this it will only grow.

When you say "practical" you mean business right? Because from my pov as a player I don't see how gating something in the shop is better for me. I'd rather play the game to get a cool new costume, dye, or minion, rather than swipe my credit card that I'm already using to play the game.

I'm much more inclined to support a cosmetic shop in a F2P game, than a subbed, but still not a huge fan.

As a player as well - it's an additional revenue source that goes back into the game to help provide for additional new content and other benefits like new servers and increased inventory.

It's basically a ROI that benefits both the business and us players more than having a few digital outfits be available for free.

A mount is a pretty sweet reward for a seasonal event.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I just want my god damn maid costume

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    As a player as well - it's an additional revenue source that goes back into the game to help provide for additional new content and other benefits like new servers and increased inventory.

It's basically a ROI that benefits both the business and us players more than having a few digital outfits be available for free.
    Unfortunately neither you nor I know exactly how their finances/processes are set up. It is just as likely that any money accrued from that:

1) is funneled off into another project
    2) kept as pure profit and not reinvested into the game
    3) goes directly to further cash shop dev
    4) and lastly goes into non cash shop dev

It could be any of these, it could be non of these, or it could be any combination of these. It's silly to imply that you know for a fact what they do with it. The difference between you and I is that I don't know what they'll do with it, but I'm worried about what they might do with it. After all if one thing is continuously bringing you huge ROI for minimal effort, why in gods name would a business not continue to bolster that?

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    We all do buddy, we all do.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    We all do buddy, we all do.
    Get me one.

Yeah, I really want the butler outfit myself. Sadly, the European campaign was handled atrociously. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    I'd give you mine if I could

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Tactics Alexander
    I hope they do full version of the music to put on an OST like they did with Titan!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question: is the cog from Alex for the 260 weapon still on a weekly cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Quick question: is the cog from Alex for the 260 weapon still on a weekly cooldown?
    Yes.

fillingoutuselessbablefor10charlimit

10+ Year Old Account
    Bummer, but thank you.
    So my BLM needs to wait 5 more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd give you mine if I could

- - - Updated - - -

I hope they do full version of the music to put on an OST like they did with Titan!
    That last bit where it sounds like a portion of Rise is the ultimate tease...would be funny/cool to hear that song done entirely like that.