Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh, what a surprise - the next Overwatch content patch goes live on the same day as the expansion's full launch. I'm sure that, yet again, it's just a coincidence though.

Oh those coincidences.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Oh, what a surprise - the next Overwatch content patch goes live on the same day as the expansion's full launch. I'm sure that, yet again, it's just a coincidence though.
    Ehm, 7.2.5 was just released, right before early access and the new raid comes out next week, right before launch. Both of those are way bigger than some OW content that is a completely different genre and is even colliding with Blizzard's own release schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Where are you guys preordering from? I'm on PC, so I'm wondering if I can, and from where. It's been a while since Heavensward and I don't recall how I did it then.
    Do you own the Steam version? If so you have to buy from Steam directly. Otherwise I bought both Heavensward and Stormblood from Greenmangaming. Its incredibly cheap there and I got my keys instantly.

7+ Year Old Account
    People who are committed to playing FF won't be swayed by ToS coming out and vice versa with WoW players.
    I think when HW went live that WoW also dropped a major patch that day. So its not uncommon for them to aim for same day releases

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    People who are committed to playing FF won't be swayed by ToS coming out and vice versa with WoW players.
    I think when HW went live that WoW also dropped a major patch that day. So its not uncommon for them to aim for same day releases
    I'm committed to both so it's gonna be a pain in the ass pendulum for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know it's cast times are going away right? Both BRDs and MCHs.
    It's not just the cast time that annoys the crap out of me. MCH feels like a hopeless RNG flustercluck. There is no flow at all to the class and the opener with 99 CDs is a bit ridiculous, considering that after 15 seconds you spend most of your time mashing [1], hoping for some dumb proc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    I'm not going to DPS if I'm healing unless I'm so overgeared for that content that it's child's play for me. I've never heard anyone in any MMO in the 12 years I've been playing MMOs complain about healers not DPSing until I got into FF14. It's ridiculous. A healer heals, it should not be expected for them to also DPS.
    In Wow I DPS as a holy priest all the time. Esp in AoE situations Holy Nova (Legion Edition) just rocks the boat!
    You class has DPS spells. If there is time in which you'd do nothing and have the mana to spare: -> BE USEFUL.

Ofc you'd never sacrifice healing or let people die because "lul DPS". It's strictly something you weave in to avoid standing around doing nothing.
    So in appropriately tuned content with large pulls, there won't be much use for extended DPS.
    I typically just throw the following combo: Insta-Holy -> Wind III -> Holy -> Assize -> back to healing. Works wonders and 6 seconds of stun = A LOT of mitigated damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    It's not just the cast time that annoys the crap out of me. MCH feels like a hopeless RNG flustercluck. There is no flow at all to the class and the opener with 99 CDs is a bit ridiculous, considering that after 15 seconds you spend most of your time mashing [1], hoping for some dumb proc.

- - - Updated - - -

In Wow I DPS as a holy priest all the time. Esp in AoE situations Holy Nova (Legion Edition) just rocks the boat!
    You class has DPS spells. If there is time in which you'd do nothing and have the mana to spare: -> BE USEFUL.

Ofc you'd never sacrifice healing or let people die because "lul DPS". It's strictly something you weave in to avoid standing around doing nothing.
    So in appropriately tuned content with large pulls, there won't be much use for extended DPS.
    I typically just throw the following combo: Insta-Holy -> Wind III -> Holy -> Assize -> back to healing. Works wonders and 6 seconds of stun = A LOT of mitigated damage.
    You re over exaggerating a little bit. The procs are a 50% chance it's not that bad at all. You also have the ammo system on fairly low cds to ensure procs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    You re over exaggerating a little bit. The procs are a 50% chance it's not that bad at all. You also have the ammo system on fairly low cds to ensure procs
    Pressing [1] 5 times in a row is still annoying (basically for the whole 15 seconds until your "gives me 1 special ammo" thing is ready again) and my point about there being no flow to the class still stands.
    I realize that it's a matter of taste. Just stating why I hate MCH. Had the same problem with mages in WoW.
    If nothing procs... nothing happens is just not my thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pressing [1] 5 times in a row is still annoying (basically for the whole 15 seconds until your "gives me 1 special ammo" thing is ready again) and my point about there being no flow to the class still stands.
    I realize that it's a matter of taste. Just stating why I hate MCH. Had the same problem with mages in WoW.
    If nothing procs... nothing happens is just not my thing.
    I get your point and we MCHs (general consus or not) also feel the slog of not managing to get a proc, but that's something you're more or less forced to live with if you enjoy the aspect of MCHs. And as a sidenote, we still don't know how the new GB will play out in SB. From what I watched from the video showcasing (some) the job action, our weaponskills won't have a cast time anymore and our ammunition is reduced to 3 (in game gauge display), which might mean they up the chance of getting a proc or they have planned something else which might help us.

Going into the point of personal taste, I have a seething hatred towards being a BRD, while I utmost enjoy my time as a MCH, mainly because I find the utility of MCH far better and we don't have to worry about DoT management (which is my bane as a BRD).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    I get your point and we MCHs (general consus or not) also feel the slog of not managing to get a proc, but that's something you're more or less forced to live with if you enjoy the aspect of MCHs. And as a sidenote, we still don't know how the new GB will play out in SB. From what I watched from the video showcasing (some) the job action, our weaponskills won't have a cast time anymore and our ammunition is reduced to 3 (in game gauge display), which might mean they up the chance of getting a proc or they have planned something else which might help us.

Going into the point of personal taste, I have a seething hatred towards being a BRD, while I utmost enjoy my time as a MCH, mainly because I find the utility of MCH far better and we don't have to worry about DoT management (which is my bane as a BRD).
    I m assuming mch will feel fairly different as a lot of things changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    I manage DoTs just as much as MCH as I do as bard.

Bard has 2 DoTs, MCH has 1 DoT and 1 "keep dat buff on you all the time" spell, which is basically the same thing.
    I find MCHs management to be more annoying though, because both spells waste ammo. So you can't just renew them when they run out w/o thinking, you need to check and dispose of ammo first or you need to clip if it would run out while you whittle away your 5 stacks.

Only thing that sucks about Bards management is if the server screws with you, taking the DoTs off despite you using the "extend" spell in time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm guessing if I order the physical version from Amazon I wouldn't get some digital download code for early access huh
    Yes, you will. The only code that won't come in an e-mail is Stormblood's code itself. That will be with the physical copy.

Amazon says it'll arrive the 22nd? And i got prime. I guess it's fine as long as i get my pre order code but they got one fucking day to give me my code before i just buy the digital version from PlayStation
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    New World and World Population Balancing Incentives Introduced

The beginning of Early Access marks the opening of Omega, the new World on the Chaos data center (EUDC).

In addition to this new world and the preemptive measures mentioned in Preventing Congestion on High Population Worlds, we have also begun a number of bonus incentives to coincide with Early Access. These measures and bonuses have been implemented to encourage an even distribution of active players across all Worlds, and ensure an enjoyable player experience.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...f136e7c4fe2596

Too bad existing characters don't get the exp buff Think I might transfer anyway. It might be interesting being on the server from day 1 and seeing the community take shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, got text-message from DHL, apparently I'm getting my Collector's delivered on 22nd.

Would've been nice to get it by launch, but eh..

Kind of surprised nobody is talking about the Live Letter more here or in the other thread.

Yoshida talked more about the 1 dungeon in odd patch cycles. When they looked at their roulettes, FFXIV has 45+ dungeons and it didn't make sense to keep growing at the rate they have been. What they've found is, with ARR the roulette was the key source of tomestones, but as those have become available in other avenues (hunts, PotD, roulettes, raids, PvP), roulette participation tends to be see valleys in odd number patches already. So they felt it made sense to reduce the number of dungeons they release. Even number patches are where new tomestones and gear increases ilvl while odd number patches tend to be maintaining or getting the upgrades for the gear.

As for what the new content taking its place is... He wouldn't go into detail about what the "new content" is, but instead talked about how players have been asking for harder content they can do with 4 man parties and they felt they could redirect resources towards something like that.

So it sounds like possibly more challenging light party content is on the way.

The way people have talked on here lately, I figured this would be the hottest news prior to Stormblood.

- - - Updated - - -

WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    But seriously, I find it mind boggling how many are so hostilely negative for this game now. From calling the developers ignorant and incompetant...
    Since that was a quote from what I previously said look at it in reality. If I'm at work and I'm tasked with a project and I fail once horribly, it's ok. Lesson learned, but twice? Now my boss is raising her eyebrows, a third time? Yeah she's questioning why she hired me. That's almost undeniably incompetence, or flat out ignorance that I don't understand the request.

Now we could argue the qualitative measure of "failure" in regards to lov, diadem1/2, but let's be real... they were colossal flops. It's beyond evident that somewhere in their process there is a pain point when it comes to identifying what types of content players like and want and how to properly structure it via rewards and participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's just weird. "ARR was so amazing!" "Heavensward looks amazing" ".... Heavensward was okay." "Stormblood looks meh." "This game hasn't changed so it's going to tank soon." If it was amazing and has barely changed, how is it garbage now?
    Yeah and try releasing a mid 90's Honda Accord nowadays and see if it wins any awards. Styling? "old and stale", Amenities? "Non-existent". Performance? "Lackluster". Safety? "Poor".

You should know this already, I didn't think this was something that needed to spelled out friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Since that was a quote from what I previously said look at it in reality. If I'm at work and I'm tasked with a project and I fail once horribly, it's ok. Lesson learned, but twice? Now my boss is raising her eyebrows, a third time? Yeah she's questioning why she hired me. That's almost undeniably incompetence, or flat out ignorance that I don't understand the request.

Now we could argue the qualitative measure of "failure" in regards to lov, diadem1/2, but let's be real... they were colossal flops. It's beyond evident that somewhere in their process there is a pain point when it comes to identifying what types of content players like and want and how to properly structure it via rewards and participation.

Yeah and try releasing a mid 90's Honda Accord nowadays and see if it wins any awards. Styling? "old and stale", Amenities? "Non-existent". Performance? "Lackluster". Safety? "Poor".

You should know this already, I didn't think this was something that needed to spelled out friend.
    Or, y'know, releasing a new Accord but having everything about it dismissed because it doesn't have the horsepower of a V8 and that's the only thing that matters.

Folks can be miserable playing a game they claim to love but can't stop talking about how much they hate almost everything about it.
    I plan to enjoy the game I've been enjoying.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2017-06-14 at 01:35 PM.