Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I was talking about randoms. Obviously you won't have that in any half decent guild.
    Thank you for your input!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    What I really do not like about FF is that I do not have a way to tell how much dmg I did in X fight, because I simply want to know how well I've done dps-wise.
    Install ACT and use FFlogs.
    As a WoW raider you should be used to such websites anyway.

Yes, the "mere 4 bosses per 6Mo tier" alone makes WoW far superior when played as a raider.

Yes, the "mere 4 bosses per 6Mo tier" alone makes WoW far superior when played as a raider.
    You know it's not like that. Yes, WoW has many problems, and their class design is honestly extreme. On the other hand, FF has awesome raid boss designs (just did Susano today) and clear-cut indicators for what is going on, which I absolutely love, but you cannot doubt the experience and the time WoW raiding developers have invested.

I'm sure that FF bosses must be awesome judging by the dungeon design, which I fully agree with, and the raid boss design as well, but for now, WoW is definitely better, unless the WoW devs fuck up with the next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is simply "better" as a raider, b/c I would not want to raid 4 bosses for 6 months.
    Remember ToC in Wrath? Basically every Raid tier in FF is like that.

EX-Primals are a nice diversion but they are too easy to really occupy a savage raiding guild and their loot is typically not that interesting (barring mounts and stuff).

Install ACT and use FFlogs.
    As a WoW raider you should be used to such websites anyway.
    And no, I find it very sad to use outside of game programmes for my game. I will not use ACT. I may ask others to tell me if and when I raid with them, but until then? nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I don't like it either, but until FF-XIV integrates a combat logger ACT is a necessary evil.

WoW is simply "better" as a raider, b/c I would not want to raid 4 bosses for 6 months.
    Remember ToC in Wrath? Basically every Raid tier in FF is like that.

EX-Primals are a nice diversion but they are too easy to really occupy a savage raiding guild and their loot is typically not that interesting (barring mounts and stuff).
    I honestly don't care enough to argue about this: I simply play what I find enjoyable at the time: Legion is trash, sadly and simply because of the AP grind, so I simply dipped and jumped to FF. I may go back to WoW in 7.3 when AK is automatic and progression is account shared simply because I enjoy WoW's healers' design.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't like it either, but until FF-XIV integrates a combat logger ACT is a necessary evil.
    Definitely not! I already know my openers as an RDM, I know I'm executing as good as I can do it, and since bosses die and everyone is cool, it's cool. I am curious for the exact numbers and how high in the charts I am to see my numbers-contribution, but not curious enough to force myself to use a 3rd party software programme because Enix is stupid enough to fear their own players.

10+ Year Old Account
    because Enix is stupid enough to fear their own players.
    True words there, mate. I also don't get the "ermagaawd DPS performance must never be judged!11" bullcrap. As a healer and a tank I get judged all the friggin time.

*chuckles*
    And I hate WoWs healer design and find FFs far far more fun.
    I hate having to mash "trash heals" to "re-enable cooldowns" in order to finally move sth. I feel so pathetic and weak as a healer in WoW, barely capable of compensating anything.

In FF, I can really go all out and compensate fails but it costs me mana and DPS to do so.

@AP grind: Imho people overexaggerate this. RNG Leggies have far more of an impact than a little AP.

I honestly don't care enough to argue about this: I simply play what I find enjoyable at the time: Legion is trash, sadly and simply because of the AP grind, so I simply dipped and jumped to FF. I may go back to WoW in 7.3 when AK is automatic and progression is account shared simply because I enjoy WoW's healers' design.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not! I already know my openers as an RDM, I know I'm executing as good as I can do it, and since bosses die and everyone is cool, it's cool. I am curious for the exact numbers and how high in the charts I am to see my numbers-contribution, but not curious enough to force myself to use a 3rd party software programme because Enix is stupid enough to fear their own players.
    The AP 'grind' has been gone (no one but your absolute top raiders needed to ever 'grind' AP). You get AK 40 within 2 days now starting from 0 and Concordance is a negligible DPS increase after the first rank which you'll get at the current AK level in about a week.

True words there, mate. I also don't get the "ermagaawd DPS performance must never be judged!11" bullcrap. As a healer and a tank I get judged all the friggin time.

*chuckles*
    And I hate WoWs healer design and find FFs far far more fun.
    I hate having to mash "trash heals" to "re-enable cooldowns" in order to finally move sth. I feel so pathetic and weak as a healer in WoW, barely capable of compensating anything.

In FF, I can really go all out and compensate fails but it costs me mana and DPS to do so.

@AP grind: Imho people overexaggerate this. RNG Leggies have far more of an impact than a little AP.
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I also like FF's healers. I do find them a bit too generic though (shield or hot, depending on class, AST as a passe-partout) with the same abilities (aoe, ST, ST hot). What I love about FF are the clear & beautiful visuals, as well as the Galvanize and Medica sounds. They are awesome <3

For the AP grind, no, it absolutely fucking sucks, and I take no counter-arguments against that statement: I was fucking scarred in the start of legion when I was forced to farm the same quests I did for leveling to get Order Resources, to get Artifact Knowledge Research to do other quests to get Artifact Power. FUCK.THAT.SHIT. And what about my alts? Oh, Blizzard told me to forget them. I want to play and have all my healers geared, and you drag me through all these shit JUST to be ABLE to farm Mythic Dungeons?

Just no. No exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    The AP 'grind' has been gone (no one but your absolute top raiders needed to ever 'grind' AP). You get AK 40 within 2 days now starting from 0 and Concordance is a negligible DPS increase after the first rank which you'll get at the current AK level in about a week.
    Yes, I know and thank you for your input! I just wanna be absolutely sure that it's gone for good and that will only happen in 7.3 when only the crucible will need to be tackled and that will be mostly automatic from what I understand. I can suffer doing WQs for just one thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the AP grind, no, it absolutely fucking sucks, and I take no counter-arguments against that statement: I was fucking scarred in the start of legion when I was forced to farm the same quests I did for leveling to get Order Resources, to get Artifact Knowledge Research to do other quests to get Artifact Power. FUCK.THAT.SHIT. And what about my alts? Oh, Blizzard told me to forget them. I want to play and have all my healers geared, and you drag me through all these shit JUST to be ABLE to farm Mythic Dungeons?
    If you force alts before catchup patch content, well that's on you.

Also, grinding ahead in AP was pretty idiotic and it was supposed to be idiotic by design. Imho, AP was well designed (barring the problem of alts, I give you that one).
    What sucked was the x.1 patch phase where AP gave you a flat damage % increase and AK did no longer scale past 25. Even the DEVs agreed that one didn't turn out well.

You can't really please all people. AP was supposed to have sth for your main to do at all times and initially it worked well. You got unlocks etc, AK saw to it that you never fell behind and the resource cost was modest at best.

Personally, I'd have made AK account wide from the start. That would have alleviated the alt issue tremendously.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2017-08-06 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    It's an ACT skin. Super easy to setup and customize.

Yes that's me back to back 2 different runs as #1 dps.

There was no bonus in either run...

IIRC I thought I saw 2 pugs cleared 03S first week on reddit, a long with a dozen or so actual statics. However, not normal pugs for sure.

That picture is 03Normal Halicarnassus (see the name at the top?). I was the PLD. There was not a single bonus either so these people weren't new in either run.

Neither run had new player bonus

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's why I had to post it. If it happened once I wouldn't have cared as much, but literally back to back crushed my soul. ESPECIALLY considering I rolled a 97 on the spring in that first picture thinking THANK GOD, and lost to the 1900dps ~i316 SAM a second later...
    mb then thats decent for halicarnassus on your part. The rest of the dps I wont comment on.... it hurts me XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what sort of changes they have in mind.

"In patch 4.06, adjustments will be made for the reward players earn when fighting Ixion."

https://gamerescape.com/2017/08/05/y...eals-new-info/

Deleted
    Decided to give this game another try because of the new expansion and since my end goal is to eventually play as a red mage, is there a recommended class/job I should play before I can change to rdm? I know you need to complete the msq for arr, just wondering if there's a class that gets me there the fastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wonder what sort of changes they have in mind.

"In patch 4.06, adjustments will be made for the reward players earn when fighting Ixion."

https://gamerescape.com/2017/08/05/y...eals-new-info/
    I'm more interested in what they have in store for the SMN. I don't have much faith that they'll get it right this time around either, but a there are a couple of easy QoL fixes they could patch in to help smooth things over until they can get it done properly.

It does allude to greater more in depth changes on the horizon, but if/when they eventually happen is another matter entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    Decided to give this game another try because of the new expansion and since my end goal is to eventually play as a red mage, is there a recommended class/job I should play before I can change to rdm? I know you need to complete the msq for arr, just wondering if there's a class that gets me there the fastest.
    Any tank or healer class will get you to 50 to unlock Red Mage the fastest. I've yet to do Palace of the Dead (Returning Player myself) so I'm not sure if that speeds up DPS leveling to what the healers and tanks get through normal dungeons.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wait...the level 61? Hot diggity, my retainer just needs to get his gear in order and I can farm for otters!

Now I just have to log in.... was at a game convention all weekend and didn't even sit down at the computer once since last week!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. five times already killed O3 today, and still haven't gotten item.

Might need to start hiring some mercenaries who simply comes with me, kills it, and passes on the loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Wait...the level 61? Hot diggity, my retainer just needs to get his gear in order and I can farm for otters!
    Same here.