10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Does anyone know what file in the ff14 folder stores all your button layouts/ui setup etc? Would that they saved that stuff client side like bliz does.
    I might just try to copy it from a friend a town over via flash drive but I want to keep my layouts.
    documents > My games > Final Fantasy XIV then just find the char data that correlates to yours, they're not named by your chars name and mostly just come out as gibberish.

Does anyone know what file in the ff14 folder stores all your button layouts/ui setup etc? Would that they saved that stuff client side like bliz does.
    I might just try to copy it from a friend a town over via flash drive but I want to keep my layouts.
    I think they very recently changed that so you can upload that stuff and macros, but i believe -though i could be mistaken- that theres a thing in settings you toggle on to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    documents > My games > Final Fantasy XIV then just find the char data that correlates to yours, they're not named by your chars name and mostly just come out as gibberish.
    Yeah, I can find the FF folder just fine. But you're right, it's all gibberish. Inside I have no idea which files relates to my local ui settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Which is the issue I have really. I can't tell my Humanoid from all the other Humanoids with silly ears around me. It's like being the only none-fan at a Star Trek convention.
    If you rely on shapes that much, you have to wear fancy hats indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Edit: It just crashed out and now its around 7 gigs.
    7535MB No biggie, can DL that quickly before heading to work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I can find the FF folder just fine. But you're right, it's all gibberish. Inside I have no idea which files relates to my local ui settings.
    Just back up the entire folder, it's not as if it is large in size.

If I’m playing this on ps4, do I need to buy: the game, the expansion, a ps sub, and a ff14 sub?

10+ Year Old Account
    like granyala said its easier to copy it all, but if you ever really want to find out which one is the character specially the "log" folder inside the char data has text logs that can help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    If I’m playing this on ps4, do I need to buy: the game, the expansion, a ps sub, and a ff14 sub?
    the game yes, the expac yes, the ps sub no, the ff14 sub yes.

also UNDER 5 HRS TO GO NOW to hyped right now
    Last edited by Dugna; 2019-06-28 at 04:17 AM.

Just buy the complete edition for 60$ USD and you get a month with that.

Also barely got any sleep and I can't take a nap at all with this excitement. I expect to crash within 30 minutes of the servers coming up at this rate. RIP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay, SCH/SMN keeps their pet commands to move them, stay put, or make em go away. I still can have my lazy heal turret.
    I lose like every other of my dots / damaging ability though. zzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Remilia; 2019-06-28 at 06:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 hr left yall

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    1 hr left yall
    The last stretch of time is always the most frustrating...

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I hurried the whole morning to have time to patch before Early Access should launch and now it has patched the game in just couple of minutes.. 1 h to wait and twiddle thumbs..

It's my first Expansion/Patch launch, so I have to ask, does the launcher know when servers come available or do I have to "login" again after they are up?
    click the world button on the bottom of the launcher, then close it. itll force a live refresh without closing it all.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I hurried the whole morning to have time to patch before Early Access should launch and now it has patched the game in just couple of minutes.. 1 h to wait and twiddle thumbs..

It's my first Expansion/Patch launch, so I have to ask, does the launcher know when servers come available or do I have to "login" again after they are up?
    Click the "World" button on the bottom bar. That makes the launcher aware of when the servers are up. So click it incessantly while muttering "Come on, be UP already" like the rest of us.
    Not ideal but a hell of a lot smoother than logging in to the launcher

Considering returning and I know I've asked this question before but since SB is coming out ill ask again.

What is the most simple class to play? The smallest rotation? I don't have the reaction time I use to and mainly will do world content and the queable Dungeons/Raids.

Didn't play much of Stormblood so I'm going to grab the complete edition and play thought it and SB on the 2nd. I've been told Red Mage has the most simple rotation.

(Plan to play on a PS4).

If holding argo is much more easy I may consider going back to Dark Knight, Otherwise ill be playing a dps class.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Worlds are online now!
    And full 1399 queue

First impressions of the 3 classes I had at 70.

Red Mage is mostly unchanged for single target, but got a new AoE rotation that mirrors the single target one. It's good since I liked Red Mage in Stormblood, but needed more for AoE.

Machinist is fun so far. I really disliked Stormblood Machinist and just leveled it to 70 then left it, but I could see playing this a lot more.

Summoner is sad. The way cooldowns go with Energy Siphon and Dreadwyrm Trance I feel like it's always wasting Aether because they don't really line up properly at all. They start out lined up, but get increasingly out of line the longer you fight. On paper they look like they'd line up perfectly since 30 seconds and 1 minute, but that's not how it works out in actual gameplay. Just doesn't feel good to be having to waste so much Aether.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk feels a tad bit faster but that might just be me.

I do like my bunneh woman over my old catgirl tbh:

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

15+ Year Old Account
    The screen tearing is so bad I can't even...
    Idk how they thought locking us to vsync was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Considering returning and I know I've asked this question before but since SB is coming out ill ask again.

What is the most simple class to play? The smallest rotation? I don't have the reaction time I use to and mainly will do world content and the queable Dungeons/Raids.

Didn't play much of Stormblood so I'm going to grab the complete edition and play thought it and SB on the 2nd. I've been told Red Mage has the most simple rotation.

(Plan to play on a PS4).

If holding argo is much more easy I may consider going back to Dark Knight, Otherwise ill be playing a dps class.
    They are all pretty easy but some have a more obvious 'messed up your ramp up and lost self buffs and have to start your rotation again' mechanics. I'd say Red Mage, Samurai and Bard for dps, Dark Knight and Gunbreaker -based on what we've seen- for tanking and healing it looks like white mage or nothing right now which as an astro healer main sucks but theres always patching to change that.

Basically its roughly like this in terms of wow comparisons:

Red Mage = Ele Shaman
    Summoner = Affliction Warlock
    Bard = Marksman Hunter
    Ninja = assassination rogue
    Dragoon = Survival Hunter
    White Mage = Holy Priest
    Astrologian = resto druid
    Machinist = certain builds of hunter from earlier expansions
    Scholar = disc priest
    Black Mage = Balance Druid
    Warrior = Warrior/Bear Druid
    Paladin = prot paladin
    Dark Knight = Blood death knight
    Samurai = no wow comparison
    Monk = no wow comparison

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    They are all pretty easy but some have a more obvious 'messed up your ramp up and lost self buffs and have to start your rotation again' mechanics. I'd say Red Mage, Samurai and Bard for dps, Dark Knight and Gunbreaker -based on what we've seen- for tanking and healing it looks like white mage or nothing right now which as an astro healer main sucks but theres always patching to change that.

Basically its roughly like this in terms of wow comparisons:

Red Mage = Ele Shaman
    Summoner = Affliction Warlock
    Bard = Marksman Hunter
    Ninja = assassination rogue
    Dragoon = Survival Hunter
    White Mage = Holy Priest
    Astrologian = resto druid
    Machinist = certain builds of hunter from earlier expansions
    Scholar = disc priest
    Black Mage = Balance Druid
    Warrior = Warrior/Bear Druid
    Paladin = prot paladin
    Dark Knight = Blood death knight
    Samurai = no wow comparison
    Monk = no wow comparison
    Thanks for the info.

How many buttons would u say it takes to play ether Red Mage or Samurai? Ill be playing on a controller and my reaction time isn't what it use to be.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD