10+ Year Old Account
    Meeh.
    I only got 12.9K at max settings in the benchmark. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Do you guys actually get it, that he is just doing it for the money right? for the viewers....
    I don't see that guy playing FF14 on his spare time or even actually "enjoining" the story. He cant say negative things about that game, because is clear that he is going to lose viewers. That is why i never see guys like him, its all about popularity and easy money. Is just fake....
    1.- He already said on his 2nd channel that he liked the game and plans on levleing to 80 and doing ultimates

2.- Balmondgold doesnt care about "losing viewers", in fact once he started streaming wow again and his "fans" were telling him that, he specifically told his twitch mods to ban everyone who started with that crap

Sigh, cant believe i wasted close to 1M leveling goldsmith for some glasses when buying them at 400k would have been a thousand times cheaper
    Last edited by Leyre; 2021-07-11 at 08:37 PM.

I don't want to sound toxic, but i tried this game yesterday....and damn, it was BAD. Super BAD!. Everything on this game was bad. From the character creation, classes, cinematics, no voice acting for quests, quests, story, the "looks", everything!.

Why are people moving to this game?. This game is beyond bad. I remember playing the old FF games from Snes, but this game is just garbage.

ElderScrolls Online is far better than FF14 in all ways. I cant believe people are playing this....
    Bait aside, can you elaborate on exactly HOW the cinematics were bad? Like which one specifically (because the ARR one is phenomenal IMO)?

Link to a good cinematic? FF14 has a lot of weak points for sure, but it's not a BAD game. It's actually quite good despite having several major issues.

Do you guys actually get it, that he is just doing it for the money right? for the viewers....
    I don't see that guy playing FF14 on his spare time or even actually "enjoining" the story. He cant say negative things about that game, because is clear that he is going to lose viewers. That is why i never see guys like him, its all about popularity and easy money. Is just fake....
    He's actually played it quite a bit off stream too (he's admitted to it because he's actually liking it), he's probably the ONLY streamer who doesn't give a shit about his fans/views because he'll still rake in tens of millions. I'm the furthest thing from an Asmon enthusiast/fanboi (I strongly dislike streamer culture in general), but he's like the ONLY one that what you're saying is probably on half true to not true at all.

I don't want to sound toxic, but i tried this game yesterday....and damn, it was BAD. Super BAD!. Everything on this game was bad. From the character creation, classes, cinematics, no voice acting for quests, quests, story, the "looks", everything!.

Why are people moving to this game?. This game is beyond bad. I remember playing the old FF games from Snes, but this game is just garbage.

ElderScrolls Online is far better than FF14 in all ways. I cant believe people are playing this....
    Initially, I felt kind of the same and it took me three tries over the last five years to finally make it past level 30. Since I did, my opinion of the game entirely changed. The story, the cutscenes, the gameplay and many other aspects get much better towards the end of ARR, and even more with Heavensward and Stormblood. I'm now about to finish Stormblood and I can't see myself going back to WoW and ESO anytime soon.

Even though ESO was king for me when it came to story, FFXIV now surpassed it, thing that I would have never imagined when I started ARR. As for the gameplay, I still prefer WoW's but FFXIV gets much better than ESO, which is honestly not that hard to achieve when you see the quality of combat in ESO (I really hope they do a massive overall in one of the future expansions...). As for the looks, it's purely subjective. I like ESO realistic style, even though it is very stale, and my initial impression of FFXIV was quite negative but as I progressed through ARR and the expansions, I was pleasantly surprised with the area and character looks, especially with Heavensward that it much closer to what wd are used to in Western MMOs like ESO.

Anyway, just sharing my experience to say the same thing many have said before: it gets better, much better. Everyone says so and even though I had my doubts about that, after seeing for myself, I can confindently say the same. In my case, it got so much better that it was enough to make me stop both WoW and ESO, and I can't wait to finish Stormblood and start Shadowbringers.
    Last edited by Loeko; 2021-07-11 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    1.- He already said on his 2nd channel that he liked the game and plans on levleing to 80 and doing ultimates

2.- Balmondgold doesnt care about "losing viewers", in fact once he started streaming wow again and his "fans" were telling him that, he specifically told his twitch mods to ban everyone who started with that crap

Sigh, cant believe i wasted close to 1M leveling goldsmith for some glasses when buying them at 400k would have been a thousand times cheaper
    Lmao, the rat literally has a mental breakdown whenever he loses large chunks of viewers. he absolutely cares. Thinking otherwise just makes you a naïve moron. It is his job to swindle idiots like yourself out of money. He will do whatever it takes to achieve that. Shit on wow, play FF14, play dark souls ,play valheim. He doesnt care. It is all an act.

Stop with the bullshit of "bait", its not bait, its my opinion ok?.

HOW the cinematics were bad?
    Should i start with the children race? or the "School girl" uniform or...the "Halloween Witch" costume that the mages are using? I'm talking about the Intro Cinematic that is in a battlefield in the night. Not only the armor/weapons + spells or other abilities being used on the game looks boring and nothing new from what you have already seen on other games, is just turn from being awesome to weird and stupid. Or what about the "battle chickens" they use as mounts....I can keep going like over and over again.

Now, if we go to the WOD cinematic in WoW, at least you can see badass orcs fighting a giant green demon, Grommash face and acting is awesome + Gul'dan too. Or what about cinematic from ESO, the one with the Breton Nightblade, the Altmer Sorc and the Nord Dragonknight, that is awesome too. Fighting Mannimarco and many other races in the game, even the damn Argonians looks awesome.

Second, that horrible and boring "intro" cinematic we get in FF14 when we are creating the character, that it supposed happens when your character is dreaming....is also bad af. Like, they don't leave nothing to mystery, they are just implying that you are going to kick ass and win. Also why the armor on this game looks so bad? If im not using school girl uniform, i have to use "victorian" looking clothes and armor that looks super weird on asian looking characters. Where are the Weapon/Armor styles i normally see on ESO or WoW?. These designs sucks. I remember that old games like Zelda, Secrets of Mana, breath of fire, Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger had good clothing and armor designs and all of these are Japanese, FF14 lacks a lot the elements that makes it a Japanese RPG game (or in this case a MMO with Roleplay aspects)

You want a good cinematic?. Just choose any from WoW. Is 1,000 better than the ones in FF14. And even ESO have some good ones.
    Ok. You're just salty that FF14 is getting more popular while Wow is becoming less (or you have FF14 for some other reason unknown to me). Can you go and tunnel you frustration somewhere else? Your whole attitude can be summarized in "quit having fun!, because you joined topic about game you don't play spamming how much you hate it. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish but please stop. Or go seem some medical help.

Your "arguments" are absurd, they are like "I hate the game because I hate it". The most pathetic was the one about "battle chickens", every Final Fantasy game has chocobos. Being angry because of chocobos is like being angry because in Pokemon main pokemon is yellow.

Just please go already.
    Last edited by Vasilisa; 2021-07-11 at 11:24 PM.

No, i don't give a shit about WoW. For real, Shadowlands is just bad and my subs ran out around a week ago. In ESO Blackwood was bad too, so i left ESO alone too.

You own this thread or me. So i will be around for as long as i can.

Also FF14 is still behind WoW. I don't know about vs ESO, since I don't have any ways to measure "popularity" or number of people playing each game, since WoW numbers are now private. So, I don't think you have a way to justify this point: "You're just salty that FF14 is getting more popular while Wow is becoming less".
    You're just a nasty, toxic troll. Explain me, why you came into a topic about the game you don't play sh*tting around? What are you trying to accomplish?

Ah this guy is great value
    Why are there Halloween witches in a Final Fantasy game? (while also claiming to have played tonnes of NES games).
    Why are the weapons and armour so bad (I always thought FFXIVs lowbie gear looked shockingly 'good' for such low-level gear)? Meanwhile, the typical lowbie in eso is wearing literal rags and WoW's look like clowns without heirlooms.
    Why are characters in Ivalice where the whole point is it's a predominantly 'western' setting wearing western clothes?

I'm starting to think this is a false flag operation by some seething asmonbald view trying to start a flamewar about eso. Though, he's not wrong about the breton story in eso being good though, ravenspire is the best zone in the game by a mile.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

To give my opinion about FF14. The points i don't like about it, the things i hate about it. And asking the guys, why they like it, in case I'm missing something....
    I'm yet to see you asking. You came here spewing hate telling in aggressive way that FF sucks and each of it's aspect is terrible and it's the worst game ever. This hardly qualifies for discussion and asking.

ESO is good. FFXIV is good. WoW is good (but has been better, imo). Play what you want, but let's not belittle people for their choices.

Believe it or not, people can find different reasons to like different games, and conversely, reasons they might not want to play one of those games as opposed to the other. There doesn't have to be one "best" game, and it would be to everyone's benefit if we stop pretending there is, or that there has to be. If all these games were earnestly competing with each other for our subscriptions or money, it might put some actual pressure on these developers to please their players (and keep them pleased), and this would be a great thing.

To anyone here bemoaning why anyone would want to play FF, please stop shooting yourself in the foot. There are things I like and dislike about WoW and FFXIV both, and I imagine the same is true for any game you play as well. But for the same reason, you can overlook those dislikes because there is plenty more to like. It's the same here. For a lot of the things that matter, FFXIV is delivering, and that's why the game is seeing an upsurge in players. If that doesn't bother you, that's on you, the game isn't going to be to everyone's tastes, and that's fine. But it doesn't invalidate the way many other players are feeling.

In FFXIV, there's no mandatory rep grinds or time gates to artificially inflate your time spent subbed. There aren't a dozen measures of progress you have to keep on top of in order to not fall behind. There's no re-inventing the wheel every expansion with new temporary power systems. The classes are balanced and you can play whatever you like. Perhaps most importantly, there are regular updates that bring quality new content, and it's been this way persistently for years.

Boy no shit they want more server infastructure huh? and 180% more preorders for Endwalker than Shadowbringers. Shits going to be absolutely packed on launch.

You mean Final Fantasy 2 from Snes, yes i did. I played that game back then. I remember you start with a dk and after the story goes on, the guy turn into the good side + the character that is the hero of the game. Now that you mention, this game FF2 had good armor styles even in those old pixalated models, like these:

It was awesome, because if you see that picture, you have a bald fighter, the guy with the dark armor, and archer, a mage that looks like the classic old mage (awesome) and the lady with nature magic....etc.
    Calling the white mage an archer isn't going to convince many people that you played FF4.

You mean Final Fantasy 2 from Snes, yes i did. I played that game back then. I remember you start with a dk and after the story goes on, the guy turn into the good side + the character that is the hero of the game. Now that you mention, this game FF2 had good armor styles even in those old pixalated models, like these:

It was awesome, because if you see that picture, you have a bald fighter, the guy with the dark armor, an archer, a mage that looks like the classic old mage (awesome) and the lady with nature magic....etc.
    That was a white mage my dude not an archer. And what you re describing is FF4 and FF2.
    Now that the troll is confirmed can we move on?

Now that you mention, this game FF2 had good armor styles even in those old pixalated models
    Cecil's DK and Paladin forms are the inspiration for said classes in FFXIV, Kain's dragoon armour is the same as basically all dragoon armour, Yang Feng's vaguely fantasy middle eastern design informs the monk aesthetic. You could argue Edward informs the bard class.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Another reason i disliked the game, after spending 10min creating the character, i wasnt able to play. I got in queue. Like wtf!.
    You must've hit beginning of expansion though I'm not sure, haven't played for long enough to see how it's at the start of new exp. I have queues as well, everyday, yet they've never exceeded a minute time. I remember Wow having much worse. You might've tried to login on the server / at the time Asmond made a character, I've heard that his "fans" gave him a warm welcome disrupting his and everybody in the vicinity gameplay (well, idiots are everywhere).

Sigh. All right, I'll try to ignore your (successful) trolling attempts to start a war here and I'll to explain to you what appeals in FF14 for me (not necessarily in order of importance). I'll be mainly comparing to Wow as it's the main mmorpg I've been playing over last years.

1)Story. This game has more complicated and multi-threaded story then Wow or any other mmo I've played every had. Though to truly experience that you'd have finish the base game. Fact that not everything is as it looks at first glance, people lie and try to use you for their benefit makes this game far more interesting the Wow story (which is quite straightforward). Yet I agree, more voice acting would make this game more accessible.

2)Graphics. Not much to say about it. It's not today's top graphics but looks quite good and is 10x more detailed then Wow (which uses 16+ year old dinosaur engine), though more hd textures would be nice.

3)Gameplay. I like that the playstyle is not as fast as in Wow where 1 gcd could mean a tank death. Here I have more room for positioning and watching what boss is doing. Gameplay feels a bit clunky at the start but one you get more skills 30-40th level you change from "I don't have anything to press" to "which button should I press?". I also like skill combos.

4)Community. I know this is kinda forced by the game Tos but in my 1,5 month playtime I've encountered 2 ppl who weren't nice. The rest very either ok or really nice and helpful.

5)Class system. I really like that you can have all classes on single character. You no longer have (Wow) problem where in new patch class balance is shifted and you main is offered the short end of the stick and nobody is going to take you to dungeons. I also like crafting professions which are a lot more important (which each having their own story) though crafting is quite time consuming.

6)Music. Each boss has it's own music and if the boss drops a mount (some do) you will hear this music while riding/driving.

I guess I could find some more things I like but it's kinda late (2:20 am) so I'll leave it as it is.

Final Fantasy is not a game for everyone. It has certain conventions, sort of anime-ish graphic style, chocobos (which you hate and on which Blood Elf mounts were based) and a mixture of fantasy and science-fiction. Yet I believe this game is worth giving a shot at least because of a story.

I won't compare it to ESO as I didn't even touch as I can't play anything Elder Scrolls related once they've released Skyrim on everything possible and I believe only my fridge cannot run it. But I'm happy that the game is good. More good games make better competition and better products (which is main reason why I'm happy that Wow lost their crown recently, although I'm sure with the release of patch 9.1 it's still nr1 game in terms of popularity).

Its 1,000 times better than FF14!

The worst part is that i entered FF14 thinking it was going to be better than WoW or ESO....How wrong i was...

Also the race that looks like children....the "School girl" clothing + the poor story, made this game even worst.

Why an Intro to a game, needs so many cinematics + extensive dialogue?. Just let me play the damn game!

Anyways...I don't get it where is the fun, i have been watching videos of other guys playing this game, and is just bad in terms of gameplay + looks + races (That all look like the same).

The funny thing of all this, is how Asmongold was joking and probably thinking...how people can play this crap?. You guys didn't get it, but i did. He was making fun of the game all the time.
    Like I said, bait.

I mean, its up to them if they like FF14, i just think is super bad. Compared to the other MMOs out there. Why I'm trying to get from this thread is the reason why people like it, because maybe i missed something. But from what i was able to play, it is simply not for me. Just the visuals on this game gets me tired of it.

Another reason i disliked the game, after spending 10min creating the character, I wasn't able to play. I got in queue. Like wtf!.
    Coming to discuss the game here is all well and good, but obviously people are going to respond in a predictably disagreeable tone when you seem to have made your mind up about the game already. Frankly, I'd say one needs to complete up to the end of Heavensward in order to make a any sort of judgement about it as a game - and even then, it's only semi-accurate because that content is soon to be three expansions old. It'd be like reviewing how WoW is now based on the content in Legion. But at least it's more accurate than reviewing current WoW based on Classic WoW, and gives you an idea on the type of quests you'd complete and the other kind of systems available in the game.

That said, if you're earnest about wanting a better idea of why people do like it, the simplest way would be to look at all the reasons people play and forgetting the visuals for a moment.

The game gets regular updates, so you're not waiting almost a year for new content - and it's been that way for a long time now. You can play as every class, so you don't need to make alts if you don't want to. Those classes are also all very well balanced, so you can play what you like without feeling like you're shooting yourself in the foot for playing a class or spec that isn't "meta." Crafting is very in-depth and crafting classes come with their own gear and skills you do to make stuff, but it's not at all mandatory if you don't care for it (like me.) There are raids and PvE content available in various difficulties, and there's loads of different side content that you can do just because you want to. There's plenty of mounts, emotes and things to collect from seasonal or temporary events. There are no mandatory rep grinds - in fact the game isn't very grindy at all. It all starts off slow because the game was made with new players in mind, but picks up and genuinely gets better and better the more you play. There's enough gear in the game to customize your character however you like, be it in realistic metal armour, flashy fantasy armour, or a thief, or a travelling bard - or whatever other look or getup you want.

Now obviously, the way the game looks might be a deal breaker despite all the good things it has. But I think more and more people are starting to realise that if they can live with Gnomes or Pandaren or Vulpera or whatever else they might not like, they can survive with Lalafell and Hrothgar as well. The disparity between the races in FF isn't really that bad compared to how WoW anyway - it's mostly just various heights of humanoids with different ears, maybe a tail here or there. I don't think it's as shocking or as alien as it's made out to be, and ultimately, it's all part of its own setting. If you treat it as its own thing, and don't try to transpose how different it all is compared to other games, it's just fine.

I've played a little bit of ESO, and I didn't enjoy it all that much for many different reasons - but I haven't wrote it off as a bad game because I imagine if I dedicated a bit more time to it, I'd probably find things I enjoy about it quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamhaoingaturlife View Post
    Lmao, the rat literally has a mental breakdown whenever he loses large chunks of viewers. he absolutely cares. Thinking otherwise just makes you a naïve moron. It is his job to swindle idiots like yourself out of money. He will do whatever it takes to achieve that. Shit on wow, play FF14, play dark souls ,play valheim. He doesnt care. It is all an act.
    Well, yeah of course he cares. It's just way more fun if you do something that others enjoy watching.

But to act like he's doing all this only for money is delusional. He has so much money, he disabled donations and can take whenever he feels like it months off. Heck, he has multiple millions could buy a villa and play video games 'till the end of time. To act like he cares because he wants money is stupid. He doesn't even run ads nor does he monetize his yt channel. He is long past the point where he does things for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one last question: Is free to play or I need a subscription?

Because if it needs a subscription is clearly going out of my SSD. Otherwise, i would keep it for my cousin, he seems to like it.
    Free Trial is pretty big. It's pretty much all of ARR and the first expansion; just limited in that you can only talk in /say and /party, can't join a guild, can't form parties (but can be invited into them), can't access the games version of Auction House, can't trade/send mail to other players.

Not bad, IMO. Playing Free Trial atm and enjoying it; feels a bit weird not having access to zone chats, but the chat is pretty quiet anyways.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Congratulations, you unlocked the "opinion and preference" part of the brain. Enjoy that amazing power for the rest of your life.