10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    lawl jab at WoW XD

Square Enix announced Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward during a key note address at the Final Fantasy Fan Festival in Las Vegas.

The expansion will also feature a new unannounced race including both male and female genders, the ability for free companies (guilds) to build airships, new jobs, new Primals (boss-like enemies based on summons in previous Final Fantasy games) including an original primal for Final Fantasy XIV, and of course, new areas and “many new dungeons, not just 3 or 4."

Lead Producer Naoki Yoshida allegedly teased more announcements to come at the London fan fest on October 25, 2014. It appears no mention was made of the Gold Saucer or Chocobo racing which Yoshida talked about in a Q&A session recently.

Additional features are coming to Final Fantasy XIV via patch 2.4 Dreams of Ice, including new jobs and dungeons.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward is the MMO’s first expansion and will launch in Spring 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/...b4c40c7c000005
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I just hope that a lot of the new features are accessible and not dependent on Free Company membership or having a hefty amount of gil. I don't like the idea of investing in a guild only to risk being kicked and losing a large chunk of money due to unfortunate drama, the guild going inactive or personality clashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Knight confirmed on stream

15+ Year Old Account
    Most important info from the fanfest: ATMA ADJUSTMENT FUCK YEAH

10+ Year Old Account
    What was the adjustment?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What was the adjustment?
    It wasn't explicitly stated, but adjusting the drop rate was mentioned. That's pretty much the only thing I can think of that makes sense.

I hope there will be like a recap of the whole thing later. I've been watching the stream but I honestly tuned out like 90% of it

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    Dark Knight confirmed on stream
    Yay! What role will it perform or don't we know yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Having another there implies they've already added one melee class to the game when they have not. I think that's what both Turbotef and I are kind of getting caught up on.
    Mmh not what I intended.
    It's just my opinion that this game is a little lacking in the spellcaster department.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    “many new dungeons, not just 3 or 4."
    Good.
    If there is one thing I hate about modern day WoW it's the lack of non trivial small group content.

Also I really love the fact that "hard" dungeons in FFXIV are not rehashed low level dungeons, but rather feature different encounters and pathways.

FFXIV's dungeons are definitely some of the best I've ever seen in a modern MMO. The music, atmosphere and encounters are often very polished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFXIV's dungeons are definitely some of the best I've ever seen in a modern MMO. The music, atmosphere and encounters are often very polished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Mmh not what I intended.
    It's just my opinion that this game is a little lacking in the spellcaster department.

- - - Updated - - -

Good.
    If there is one thing I hate about modern day WoW it's the lack of non trivial small group content.

Also I really love the fact that "hard" dungeons in FFXIV are not rehashed low level dungeons, but rather feature different encounters and pathways.
    Exactly! I love how they rework the HM dungeons!

The dungeon content in FFXIV is why its my current favorite MMO and they aren't trash like in some other MMOs I've played in years past. Don't get me wrong, I like raiding but I've always loved hard dungeons more.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite liking Nobuos music in the FF parts I played (VII, VIII, X), I simply can't stand it in FF XIV. Music is always disabled for me. Guess my taste has shifted to the more classical stuff as I got older.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay! What role will it perform or don't we know yet?
    A fan asked for a hint and Yoshi said that one of the other devs on stage wanted to wear a Nolans Batman T-shirt. Nolans Batman = The Dark Knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity: Is there a way to hide the gigantic golden letters "Fate successful" "Quest accepted" "Fate Zone" etc?

If find it quite annoying, b/c it obstructs my view.

Deleted
    I had a go at this game on my PS4 a while ago, & I just couldn't get into it, maybe the accessibility of WoW has spoilt me but I just couldn't click with it. The game was a bit daunting but quite enjoyable, also, STUNNING to look at. But my question is...

How do the usual roles work in group content? I hear tanking is a threat game, but what are DPS, Healing, & Tanking REALLY like? Also, is there PvP? never saw any mention of it anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay housing! Mentioned in the stream.

- - - Updated - - -

October 28th is 2.4 confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, they're adding a cosmetic cash shop, everything is priced $5 or less so far.

what is new regarding housing?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, they're adding a cosmetic cash shop, everything is priced $5 or less so far.
    *dies upon seeing Odin mount* UGH My wallet T^T

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's better than $25 per mount and pet. Probably won't hurt your wallet as much.

I want the Y'shtola marmet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's better than $25 per mount and pet. Probably won't hurt your wallet as much.

I want the Y'shtola marmet.
    My wallet is going to be hurtin' cuz I want like..everything they showed (with except of the pumpkin helms). And I'll probably buy lots of fantasias. never happy with the way my characters look.