10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You need to create a new catgirl though
    To my understanding, all 1.0 characters will be available for phase 3.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If they have changed their combat GCD system then I'm definitely going to have to take a look at the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured they would change the combat, new threads have been popping up since Alpha on their forums about the combat system, some of them reaching 300+ pages about it in different sections. They have made a lot of changes quickly, and they are listening to their fans. This game needs to succeed for them.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    To my understanding, all 1.0 characters will be available for phase 3.
    They are not in during Test 1 of Phase 3 though. Have to wait for next test.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 08:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    I figured they would change the combat, new threads have been popping up since Alpha on their forums about the combat system, some of them reaching 300+ pages about it in different sections. They have made a lot of changes quickly, and they are listening to their fans. This game needs to succeed for them.
    It has been stated for a long time that the combat system would be reworked for phase 3 though. The "fans" just dont bother to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    They are not in during Test 1 of Phase 3 though. Have to wait for next test.
    Ah I see, miss communication on my part.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If they have changed their combat GCD system then I'm definitely going to have to take a look at the game again.
    The combat is in a video a couple posts above you. That's how it's going to be during launch, bar of course for any necessary dramatic changes in the short remaining beta (unlikely)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the client currently available for download? I logged in to my SE account and whatnot, but I can't seem to find any download.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Is the client currently available for download? I logged in to my SE account and whatnot, but I can't seem to find any download.
    I've sent a couple of these out in PM form, but enough people are asking. I'll just link it.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe

The link should start the download.

I just updated my beta client, but the email I got about it said this:

"We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.
    * Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date."
    So I'm not sure if they beta download is up yet, though maybe someone else knows.
    edit: and beaten to it. XD

The combat is in a video a couple posts above you. That's how it's going to be during launch, bar of course for any necessary dramatic changes in the short remaining beta (unlikely)
    Still a bit slow to me but it definitely has improved since the last time I saw it.

the "FATE" system seems really familiar but I'm glad more and more games going toward that type of gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've sent a couple of these out in PM form, but enough people are asking. I'll just link it.

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...ffxivsetup.exe

The link should start the download.
    Thank you kind sir!

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:05 PM ----------

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on here. I just woke up and I was drinking heavily last night, so bear with me here.

I'm on the client screen where it's asking me for a registration code. Now, I don't think I ever received a registration code, but I did play the original FF14 for about 3 months. Aren't I supposed to have a way to access this? Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Thank you kind sir!

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:05 PM ----------

I'm a bit confused as to what's going on here. I just woke up and I was drinking heavily last night, so bear with me here.

I'm on the client screen where it's asking me for a registration code. Now, I don't think I ever received a registration code, but I did play the original FF14 for about 3 months. Aren't I supposed to have a way to access this? Am I missing something blatantly obvious?
    I did some poking earlier on some other forums and the consensus seems to be that no-one who is not sporting a PS3 FF13 code, or in japan, or has been in the previous tests, has had an email yet or their account upgraded for the beta 3.

One person posted a conversation they had with a SE support guy who said it wouldn't be codes for p3, but would be an upgrade on your original FF14 account, and they had not done it yet to anyone.

Thats about all the intel I could gather though from my brief dig about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I did some poking earlier on some other forums and the consensus seems to be that no-one who is not sporting a PS3 FF13 code, or in japan, or has been in the previous tests, has had an email yet or their account upgraded for the beta 3.

One person posted a conversation they had with a SE support guy who said it wouldn't be codes for p3, but would be an upgrade on your original FF14 account, and they had not done it yet to anyone.

Thats about all the intel I could gather though from my brief dig about.
    Thank god. So I can stop shitting myself over the thought of getting left out >.>

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If phase 3 works like the beta tests of any other game you wont get the code till the day the beta phase starts. Square might do things different though, not 100% sure but I assume from experience that the first wave of invites will go out tomorrow.

Has anyone got a beta code yet for phase 3?

Also I played FFXI and FFXIV 1.0 but it's been a long time since I've logged back into my account. Now it's saying there is no email associated with any account. I emailed support but nothing yet. Do they delete accounts?

Is there a decent fansite for FF14 that I could peruse?

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/ is the only one I have found with recent updates, everything else seems to be 9 months to 2 years old in posts

There is also Zam's
    http://ffxiv.zam.com/

the official lodestone
    lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

Nothing near as good as wow gets, MMO-C has spoiled me dearly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part 2 of the "Live Letter" happening today in ENGLISH.

Watch here:

Housing in the first major update? Nice. I remember managing my mog house in 11.

Though I doubt they'll let me model swap the moogle for the elvaan AA...

Also... Catboys? When did that happen?

Housing in the first major update? Nice. I remember managing my mog house in 11.

Though I doubt they'll let me model swap the moogle for the elvaan AA...

Also... Catboys? When did that happen?
    They're adding the male mithra and female galka with 2.0, guess they got tired of the gender inequalities. I'm happy for that, since it means I get to be a Hethra/manthra.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 09:10 PM ----------

so summoners are getting mini versions of the summons? Thats much better news then just carbuncle.