Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    I'd hate to see what a Morbol salad would look like.
    Smells like...

First Zeta complete

*falls over* I really hope that the heavensward relic is skill based and not as arbitrary

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    First Zeta complete

*falls over* I really hope that the heavensward relic is skill based and not as arbitrary
    Grats! I didn't even bother as I jumped back into the game too late and was lazy. I will finish the monk one next expansion though!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    First Zeta complete

Doubtful, relic is meant to be the casual, aka grindfest, option for weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Smells like...
    Well, I figure what's actually in it will give the person eating it a bad breath debuff XD. A mix of turnip/collard/mustard greens (all cooked) with a massive does of garlic and hot peppers. And... add in some durian.

10+ Year Old Account
    First Zeta complete

It won't be, so SE's vision there are 3 ways to get weapons:

The Skillful - current tier final boss drop (strongest ilvl)
    The Determined - current tier mid bosses (slightly weaker and upgradable)
    The Patient - grind (gradually upgradable to the highest ilvl)

Due to the fact of the existence of the mid level, they cannot make relic any harder or any less grindy or it will make the mid tier weapon pointless.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting a playstation 4 this summer. Since I play WoW on a mac, I doubt my mac can handle ARR.

Is playing ARR on PS4 a handicap? I don't see a game like this being controller compatible and I won't have vent/mumble.

I'll probably go DRK and dragoon when I do play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Getting a playstation 4 this summer. Since I play WoW on a mac, I doubt my mac can handle ARR.

Is playing ARR on PS4 a handicap? I don't see a game like this being controller compatible and I won't have vent/mumble.

PS4 can run it fine. PS3 is pure peasantry if you wanted to go with that. Its very controller compatible but if you dont wanna use one you can always plug in a mouse and keyboard to the ps4.

10+ Year Old Account

I play on PS4 and raid some my roommate plays PS4 and has completed through T13 and all primal(basically hardest stuff outside of savage roughly mythic in Wow but those are untuned fight) and I know someone who has savages cleared on PS4.

Soooo yeah you will be good. As for controller it works very well.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    PS4 can run it fine. PS3 is pure peasantry if you wanted to go with that. Its very controller compatible but if you dont wanna use one you can always plug in a mouse and keyboard to the ps4.
    Think I could use a razer naga mouse?

And is there a way to incorporate voice communication?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Think I could use a razer naga mouse?

And is there a way to incorporate voice communication?
    Yeah you can use a mouse, not sure if a naga will work on the PS though my brother plays on his PS4 and uses a cheapo logitech keyboard with a mouse pad on it. Once you get used to the controller though it is just as fast as a mouse though. Voice stuff isn't supported by the PS4 as far as I know people in my free company have TS running on their laptops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Grats! I didn't even bother as I jumped back into the game too late and was lazy. I will finish the monk one next expansion though!
    I said the same thing when I came back a few months ago. Guidie of mine has gotten two of them since my return. Some people...
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ps4 has been great for ffxiv. I do recommend a mouse and keyboard. The game is perfectly playable on controller but social stuff like chatting is a bitch. For vent I found a found an android app so yiu can chat on your phone.

Question for thaumaturgers is blizzard ii bugged? For some reason evey time I use it it never casts on the mob it's always on me. Fire ii works fine.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Blizzard2 is an AoE centered on the caster... so working as intended.

It doesn't really factor into the rotation much (I don't think, not a THM main), once you get other skills though. Perhaps partially for that reason, mostly to do with wanting to get out of blizzard and back into fire ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The ps4 has been great for ffxiv. I do recommend a mouse and keyboard. The game is perfectly playable on controller but social stuff like chatting is a bitch. For vent I found a found an android app so yiu can chat on your phone.

Question for thaumaturgers is blizzard ii bugged? For some reason evey time I use it it never casts on the mob it's always on me. Fire ii works fine.
    thats how blizzard 2 is used it does the aoe around you not the mobs, you do get a skill as a blm that lets you put the aoe effect wherever you want but blizzard 2 is exclussively around you
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard II - AoE around self

Freeze - AoE with target circle

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh okay that makes more sense then. One other question if you would be so mind. The mobs will have abilities that indicate they'll be casting in a direction. Usually a cone in front, a straight line, or a full 360 degree circle around the mob. Okay I dodge that shit like no tmmrw and often still get hit. Is it latency or a bug or am I just to slow? Cause I'll be out the area well before the cast finishes and still get hit. If I stay just long enough to finish my cast I get hit but if I stop cast immediately I don't get hit that's why I'm thinking it's latency
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Basically, the telegraph isn't a very good indicator of if you're going to get hit. You need to look at the castbar. If the cast finishes and you're still in the telegraph, you will get hit, even if the telegraphs takes an extra .25 seconds to disappear. It's just something you have to get used to, unfortunately.

You have to be out of the highlighted area before the highlighted area disappears or else you'll get hit, even if the actual ability takes another .5 or more seconds to go off.

Latency is a big deal in this game because of that and could be part of why you're still getting hit even when you think you're out of it.