Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Exactly.
    These types of swimsuits actually do exist... just... rare.
    Maybe they're popular in Japan. I've seen that style a fair bit in anime (usually one character in the group is wearing something like that).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a girl and you've looked for a one peice you'd know they're everywhere. At least here.

They're generally seen as a little more flattering than the regular one peice. It's either one peice + skirt/short or one peice with built in skirt.

I've cooked so much Battered fish today that i swear i will have nightmares about them tonight.

15+ Year Old Account
    And there's plenty of stores that sell vintage swimsuits online so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I've cooked so much Battered fish today that i swear i will have nightmares about them tonight.
    Heheh.... I tried to fish the fish for it myself... only to find out that this particular fish seems to be NPC sole only. Oo

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the haddock needed for the recipe can only be bought. The Fresh Haddock that can be fished up is only used for the quest.

So hows the xpack shapping up? Talked to a RL friend that plays and he said it was too much of a grind leveling (lol). Did summoners end up doing well in the pack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    If you're a girl and you've looked for a one peice you'd know they're everywhere. At least here.

They're generally seen as a little more flattering than the regular one peice. It's either one peice + skirt/short or one peice with built in skirt.
    I don't look at them :P.
    Don't know whens the last time I actually wore any sort of swimsuit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Conservative?

Damn I must be getting old, since I think it's hot as hell. :X
    Lol I mean it covers more skin it is my favorite and yes FUCKING HOT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    The swimsuits are similar to the 40's/50's style of swimsuits.
    See THIS is where conservative comes from

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I figured out the confirm button. Turning in so much fish for the swimsuits... Pretty sure my hand is broken now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    If all you need is 1 more week, you're more than good.

The Moonfire Faire runs until the 7th of September.
    Ah cool...even better. Saw people talking about the anniversary like Moonfire was ending rather quickly.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Ah cool...even better. Saw people talking about the anniversary like Moonfire was ending rather quickly.
    Nah bith events coincide moonfire will continue while anniverssary will come as well

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Nah bith events coincide moonfire will continue while anniverssary will come as well
    Have they released any exact details yet about the anniversary event?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Have they released any exact details yet about the anniversary event?
    Nah likely soom though but we know ones coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    I'm still trying to understand why people would level crafting. So far, the only interesting thing I've seen is the glamour prisms. No other game real benefit seems to come from it.

Cheaper repairs? But money doesn't seem hard to come by in this game.
    Weapons/Gear? Aren't the best ones from raids?

Food and Potions, okay maybe.

I'm a noob that hasn't touched end-game, so if you could please explain? Are there gems/enchants that boost performance like in WOW? Any mounts/pets? I know you can't make bigger bags.

What am I missing?

15+ Year Old Account
    But you don't have to leave a dungeon in order to repair with crafting, you can do it mid fight, and you can repair above 100%. #WORTH

There's materia that you can meld to crafted weapons/armor. And depending, some people benefit from pentamelded accessories (tanks trying to react a certain vit threshhold or squeezing out a bit more str.)

There are some pets made thru crafting, there's also bardings and the housing items (if you're into that) as well as dyes that can only be obtained thru crafting (or lucking drops from heavensward dungeons (I FUCKING HATE THIS CHANGE)).

10+ Year Old Account
    Surely fun has to be a factor in leveling crafting. I tried out cooking to take a break from the msq and it was surprisingly addictive. I had to pull myself away and stick to my whm for now (lvl 47) but I'm looking forward to going back and leveling crafting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    But you don't have to leave a dungeon in order to repair with crafting, you can do it mid fight, and you can repair above 100%. #WORTH
    OH! that was another question I had. Thanks for answering that.

We had a guy who broke all his gear in a dungeon, and he had to wear like... gear from 3 levels ago to continue. I think I like WOW's solution to this better - allow people to hearth out to repair and comeback in. FFXIV locks you in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Surely fun has to be a factor in leveling crafting. I tried out cooking to take a break from the msq and it was surprisingly addictive. I had to pull myself away and stick to my whm for now (lvl 47) but I'm looking forward to going back and leveling crafting.
    I tried to level BS/Armorsmithing because repairing my gear seemed cool. I was on a balcony of Limsa Lominsa for over an hour, pressing buttons from my crafting window. No change of scenery, no closing the window until time to turn in, only change was walking to the vendor or the auction house to buy mats. Not my idea of fun.

At least the gathering ones, from what I've seen, you actually go out into the world to do.

Thanks for the answers anyway, I see it's just not something for me lol.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Professions in FFXIV are like....an oddly enjoyable grind? I honestly can't even explain it. I haven't taken time to do it on this new character b/c I'm focused on getting level cap and experiencing the story, but from doing it before it's like it hypnotizes me. I watch TV or listen to music and just zone out. Especially with the gathering side. Fishing or chopping up stuff I could sit and do for hours and not realize it. The feedback loop from their sounds and flashy lights and items popping into your bag is quite satisfying.
    BAD WOLF

What's the limit on posts?

I tend to avoid the official forum for the most part since it feels very clunky. I hope it gets a revamp at some point.