Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    How far along with the story are you now, Snow?
    Well, still at the stage of sulking about not getting to do Garuda because my queue didn't happen and yes I am fully aware of the fact that I could have done it six times in the time I've spent tonight whining about my queue not popping and getting distracted by the internet. And wondering if I should go back to being a black mage after all because it does more damage and at least he actually got to kill Garuda so is allowed to actually play the damn story *petulant foot stamp*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup!

Garuda Normal is harder than Garuda hard. A lot of people assume they can just burn her like in hard mode and ignore any and all mechanics other than don't stand in the swirlies, but then when they just hug rocks and don't know why the rocks are dying or don't realize that you can't just burn her the same way you can in HM, they're a bit shocked.

You could always try using /shout in a major city to recruit friendly players to join up with you. If people know what they're doing it's usually a quick fight and hopefully people will be well aware of the frustration that comes with lengthy queue times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Garuda normal is actually a pain in the ass sometimes, too. So many pugs just pay no attention and then there are no rocks at all and what why are people dead and oh god how are we wiping on this someone help :|
    When I did it on the mage I had a lovely group, we used about half the allotted time but each attempt was an improvement and everyone was really patient and positive and helpful, and the kill felt really sweet. All my groups have been like that so far, it's been lovely. From what I've googled, Garuda normal does seem to be a bit of a roadblock, people won't go back and do it where they'll do most of the other stuff, so hopefully if I can actually get past it the next stuff won't be too bad to get into...

Edit: and from what Tazila says, I understand why now!

- - - Updated - - -

You could always try using /shout in a major city to recruit friendly players to join up with you. If people know what they're doing it's usually a quick fight and hopefully people will be well aware of the frustration that comes with lengthy queue times.
    Well, I could, but I almost certainly won't because /shy (or perhaps I mean /stupid)

Yes I do wonder sometimes why I play MMOs :/

I'm shy too at times! You can do it, though! Think of all the neat stuff waiting for you - and all the awesome gear you can wear!

Deleted
    I'm shy too at times! You can do it, though! Think of all the neat stuff waiting for you - and all the awesome gear you can wear!
    I know, but... but..!

And oh god, it's half four, I'm sure I was planning an early night a few hours ago :/ Goodnight!

(that's not changing the subject at all, fyi )

I should get some sleep too. >_>

At least there's a new event to look forward to tomorrow! That should be fun! Night! o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfall View Post
    I know, but... but..!

And oh god, it's half four, I'm sure I was planning an early night a few hours ago :/ Goodnight!

(that's not changing the subject at all, fyi )
    Use partu find just post garuda nm need clear

No need to shoit they come to you

Oh man this event.
    This is why i love this dev team.

It's not often you see developers do something like this.
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...65F9205812E20/
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...7CF3B6B455F2A/
    http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...A2BCBCAF95ACC/
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-08-27 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    The new event gave me the feels :P
    I love how they hinted new housing areas, red and blue mage and omega weapon

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    The new event gave me the feels :P
    I love how they hinted new housing areas, red and blue mage and omega weapon
    That will get snapped up by the rich within 15 mins of the servers going live ...
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

So what kind of classes does ffxiv not have yet?
    From FFXI:
    Dancer, red mage, blue mage, beastmaster, Samurai, corsair (gambler), puppetmaster, geomancer and rune fencer. Which of these classes would you most want to see in game?

Personally I would like to see a beastmaster class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Time Mage is a pretty common FF class, I would like to see if they could introduce that in some fashion.
    Also red mage has also been very appealing to me

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    That will get snapped up by the rich within 15 mins of the servers going live ...
    It would be nice if they forcibly limited players to owning a single house (and probably a single house per account. not just character). Put out a notice like a month or two in advance: pick whichever house you want to keep and place this new housing item on your property. This new item is a marker that lets the game know you wish to retain that land and house. At the end of 1-2 months, any other house(s) you own will be demolished, the land will go back up for sale and you will be refunded the costs. Failure to place the new item will result in you losing all houses and land. Placement of multiple new housing markers on multiple properties will result in the game randomly choosing a housing plot for you and reclaiming the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Personally I would like to see a beastmaster class.
    Only if I get to have a panther, a hawk, and a pair of ferrets to go steal things from people. Also... a funky shaped fold up boomerang. A young Tanya Roberts wouldn't hurt either.

I want to come back, more and more. Played shortly after the PS4 launch, as a PS4 player. But I really dread the endgame. Several "friends" already told me that it's to late now, and most endgame LS's aren't looking for a new player/tank..

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Dancing Edge has a positional requirement? Not sure I've seen that.
    I guess it used to? I got that information from a Wiki since I was at work and in checking it at home, it didn't have one.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    I want to come back, more and more. Played shortly after the PS4 launch, as a PS4 player. But I really dread the endgame. Several "friends" already told me that it's to late now, and most endgame LS's aren't looking for a new player/tank..
    Hmm they are releasing the new Casual Raid which will probably have a lot of catch up gear. But yeah not many groups are recruiting but it will be easier to catch up with gear.

Dancer, red mage, blue mage, beastmaster, Samurai, corsair (gambler), puppetmaster, geomancer and rune fencer. Which of these classes would you most want to see in game?
    Dancer, Blue Mage, Samurai, Puppet Master. Healer that uses TP instead of MP, Melee MP using DPS, 2-Hand Sword DPS, and another pet class... yeah that sounds pretty awesome.

Red Mage would be cool too, but wonder which role it would fill. Corsair aesthetics would be awesome, but the whole gambling thing is kind of take by Astrologian. Rune Fencer is Dark Knight basically. Never played with Geomancer enough to really care one way or the other about it, but placed AoE fields for buffs sounds pretty awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Yay! Finally after months, I'm able to purchase the hairstyle.