10+ Year Old Account
    Man, right out of the relic arguing back into the healers should dps arguing.

I think the "Healers should DPS" topic pops up at least once every two months. /cry

I go with the mindset of... I can't make others play the way I want them too, can't convince them to min/max to what I BELIEVE they should be doing, I can't assume I'm grouping with people that even understand the concept of playing to their max potential, to assume that everyone I run into should play as efficiently as I know I can play, is unreasonably hopeful and at the end of the day a way for me to ruin my own day by putting high expectations on people that come from varying game playing abilities, personalities, and even actual physical capabilities in general. **

** There was a guy who raided with some of our friends on another realm in WoW. He was hurt in Iraq and had slow motor skills, the group itself didn't really like taking them, but they did anyways. The static could have avoided him 100%. You know what couldn't avoid him? Duty Finder/LFR.

Knowing that everyone ISN'T me, and that I can't expect every person in DF to be a min/maxer or a savage, high end raider, helps me accept that if a healer isn't dpsing, that's okay as long as we aren't dying. Maybe his reactions suck in general and he's struggling just to heal. I don't know him, I don't know his abilities, I'm just happy that he does his job.

And yes some people don't like the "I lower my standards so I don't get disappointed!" logic, but if you're going to expect the best from every random person that you group with by the grace of god, you're just setting yourself up for failure and more disappointment than having a run go a whole 50 seconds faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, finally finished Hildibrand bits (yeah, I skipped it with intent of doing it later, and they really need to make those story raid fights soloable so people don't have to wait 50+ minutes to do the damn things) and now I'm waiting to see whats going to be said tomorrow before I start grinding the next bit on my MCH for my MNK.
    I was on the last Hilde fight and waited about an hour as a healer, the next day for my roullete, I got it randomly within a minute. XD
    Last edited by Tazila; 2015-12-22 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, finally finished Hildibrand bits (yeah, I skipped it with intent of doing it later, and they really need to make those story raid fights soloable so people don't have to wait 50+ minutes to do the damn things) and now I'm waiting to see whats going to be said tomorrow before I start grinding the next bit on my MCH for my MNK.
    Tbh it depends what time you do them. I did my Hildi stuff at around mid afternoon and got 5-10 min queues. I think they should offer a solo only version that offers no currency (stops stupid amounts of spamming) but not remove the 8 player one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Let's add a twist to the healer DPS argument. What about a healer who does DPS, but does not go into Cleric stance? They're not wasting GCDs, and they are contributing damage, just not a lot. And they are avoiding the possibility of causing a wipe by forgetting to switch out of Cleric when damage spikes.
    That's useless, because the damage you do is well.. umm very close to nothing at max level.

This is a viable approach in low level though. I typically heal through cleric until the lv 40+ range when mob damage ramps up considerably.

Yes, cleric mishaps do happen and that's when you struggle due to the long ass GCD in this game.

In general it goes as this:
    During a DPS spell cast you see thank drop below 50% -> press clecic DURING the cast -> cleric drops off as soon as cast ends -> heal.
    There is no need to wait until the cast is finished if you want to activate / deactivate cleric.

Only thing to be mindful is: if you want to enter cleric, be advised that you are LOCKED in cleric for 2 full GCDs. So observe incoming damage BEFORE activating it to assess whether the tank will survive a worst case of 7.5s (5s + cast of a heal spell). ALWAYS put up HoTs before you enter cleric. Encounter knowledge is helpful for that. After a few runs you know which mobs / boss phases spank a tanks butt and which ones hit like wet noodles.

I actually haven't tried out healing in-depth yet. I really should push to get that mount that they get to add it to my collection...

...and since today is going to be incredibly hectic for me (last minute Christmas shopping combined with getting construction work on my house done) I really hope the Live Letter gives us a lot to work with.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/276368

Translated Live Letter for those who don't want to or couldn't watch it.

Glad to see them not wavering on the anima weapon.

So Warring triad confirmed(?)
    New Alexander raid.
    Both expected, didn't expect more PvP content though, they pretty much reflected on the errors they did with wolf's den, should be interesting

Hall of novice? No idea what this is, sounds interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post

So Warring triad confirmed(?)
    New Alexander raid.
    Both expected, didn't expect more PvP content though, they pretty much reflected on the errors they did with wolf's den, should be interesting

Hall of novice? No idea what this is, sounds interesting though.
    So you can learn your job I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So you can learn your job I guess.
    Seems like it, with mentor feature and stuff.
    A scaling dummy? Nothing special, but a QoL, i'll take it.

Alot of QoL changes being added it seems.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2015-12-23 at 11:35 AM.

I want that Bike. NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I want that Bike. NOW!
    I wonder how it'll be obtained? I'm guessing either:

- FF7 Remake Crossover Event
    - Veteran Reward
    - MGP reward (likely a very high amount)
    - Achievement based
    - Crafted
    - Cash Shop
    - Quest reward from some Garlean stuff

Have to say i'll be a little dissapointed if Warring triad turns out to be another beast tribe primals.
    I know they are already stated as primals in the storyline, i just expect something much more, kinda like a deity status from them, but we'll see.
    Still alot of information left out, i just hope they make the fight big, flashy and grand, because that's what i expect out of something as big as the Warring triad.

If anyone wants to try FFXIV you can get it in the current humble bundle for $5. https://www.humblebundle.com/

They are adding more games later so they may even add the expansion. You just got to pay the $5 to unlock all the games besides the 3 that cost $9. If you pay $9 you get everything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    If you ask me, they seem a little overly obsessed with item level and savage raiding if they held the relic back for THAT long because of it.

Seriously how friggin hard can it be to just add 5 more item levels on the fly to the savage raid loot?! Blizzard has done it in BRF w/o problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    If you ask me, they seem a little overly obsessed with item level and savage raiding if they held the relic back for THAT long because of it.

Seriously how friggin hard can it be to just add 5 more item levels on the fly to the savage raid loot?! Blizzard has done it in BRF w/o problems.
    I think they are focusing too much on hardcore raiders in general..Mind you I also feel coil was a great design and I never completed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I think they are focusing too much on hardcore raiders in general..Mind you I also feel coil was a great design and I never completed it.
    Have you been playing the same game, do you know how little content there is for semi hardcore - hardcore players for PVE content ?

All of HW has been a game strictly for the lesser skilled players all the way through except for Alexander savage, every other bit of the game is not hard, even Bismark is easy, if you find that hard then you are actually shit.

This game has not been focusing on raiders in general, most of the game has been kicking them in the dirt most of the way through, this is just being blind.

Deleted
    Seems to me like they literally addressed every single complain the players had.
    Imho the 2nd and final coils of bahamut difficulty is the healthiest difficulty the game has seen. Not absurdly hard or mind numbing but definitely not pushovers either!
    I m looking forward to this patch like no tomorrow and these are only half the stuff they informed us about! We ll know the other half by the end of january!

I had a feeling that 3.1 was fairly light because they had big plans for 3.2 so it's good to see that it turned out to be the case. If nothing else I expect the occasional 'dry' period where content is concerned. Not every patch needs to be utterly mind blowing - and we're still getting more content at a faster rate than most MMO's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I had a feeling that 3.1 was fairly light because they had big plans for 3.2 so it's good to see that it turned out to be the case. If nothing else I expect the occasional 'dry' period where content is concerned. Not every patch needs to be utterly mind blowing - and we're still getting more content at a faster rate than most MMO's.
    So far like I said I am extremely pleased with 3.2.
    I wonder how they ll handle alex savage gordias though... will they nerf it? Will they let you go into the next stage of savage without having cleared the previous?
    Will they put echo and hope you ll clear it by outgearing it?
    Cause the difficulty difference will still be there and its earlier fights so it wont make much sense :P