It's definitely bigger than 3.1 - but 2.1 was fairly light as well. Hopefully by the time the gap between 4.0 and 4.1 comes around the developers will have adjusted things accordingly with a staggered release of content to keep people busy. 3.3 will be another 'filler' patch but we're also getting housing opened up for a lot more players so that should help keep people happy. I think we also get Ishgardian housing too at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    but 2.1 was fairly light as well.
    Excuse me? 2.1 invigorated the game more than HW did. No seriously, go look at the patch notes for it. Just off the top of my head
    Housing
    Duty Roulettes
    Ultima HM
    Lota
    Moogle hm/ex
    ifrit, garuda, titan ex
    sylph and amaljaa beast tribe dailies
    wolves den + the entire PvP skill system
    treasure maps
    aesthetician

I would argue that 2.1 is the reason why ARR was universally praised while HW has received a fairly negative reception so far. People did the 3 ex primals from 2.1 for the next 2 years to farm ponies, while HW had nothing like that leading to people raidlogging more than ever and subsequently getting burned out on a game that they played for 2 years in only 4 months
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Excuse me? 2.1 invigorated the game more than HW did. No seriously, go look at the patch notes for it. Just off the top of my head
    Housing
    Duty Roulettes
    Ultima HM
    Lota
    Moogle hm/ex
    ifrit, garuda, titan ex
    sylph and amaljaa beast tribe dailies
    wolves den + the entire PvP skill system
    treasure maps
    aesthetician

I would argue that 2.1 is the reason why ARR was universally praised while HW has received a fairly negative reception so far. People did the 3 ex primals from 2.1 for the next 2 years to farm ponies, while HW had nothing like that leading to people raidlogging more than ever and subsequently getting burned out on a game that they played for 2 years in only 4 months
    See though back then these were all new features they cant keep adding more and more and more of the exact same caliber without running out of stuff eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    See though back then these were all new features they cant keep adding more and more and more of the exact same caliber without running out of stuff eventually.
    I dunno, we've been asking for DPS meters, CD reset on wipes, a nonshitty housing system, more storage space and a myriad of things since forever
    Also a lot of the stuff they once implemented has fallen to the wayside due to lack of care like treasure maps, desynth etc
    There are plenty of things they could implement, their development just moves at a glacial pace. It took 2 years for TP bars, and even then it's a gimped implementation since you cant see the actual number, just an ambigious bar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I have been hearing that the 4 tomestones sets that have been previewed are actually all the sets we will get.

Healers are also Shiva, tanks are also Ifrit and bards are also Levi.

Someone have a confirmation, or more prefearebly, a denial?
    Makes sense. It takes a lot of resources to design a set for every class. I can understand them only doing it once per expansion.
    Tome sets past the ilvl 90 class stuff were shared in ARR too.

Deleted
    I dunno, we've been asking for DPS meters, CD reset on wipes, a nonshitty housing system, more storage space and a myriad of things since forever
    Also a lot of the stuff they once implemented has fallen to the wayside due to lack of care like treasure maps, desynth etc
    There are plenty of things they could implement, their development just moves at a glacial pace. It took 2 years for TP bars, and even then it's a gimped implementation since you cant see the actual number, just an ambigious bar
    DPS meters getting sorta adressed now with these dummies as they seem to be encounter specific. CD reset on wipes I agree on.
    Housing has counter parts. Every game that has done instanced housing, people complain that it doesnt feel alive. Now that we have actual housing people complain that they didnt get a house. They re adding ishgard housing and more plots in 3.3 so thats a step up.
    The rest of the stuff that you mentioned needs a little more care yes although I do find myself doing the occasional treasure hunt for the possible money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Makes sense. It takes a lot of resources to design a set for every class. I can understand them only doing it once per expansion.
    Yes and tbh I d much rather have ifrit for my tanks than freaking titan XD

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I dont think anyone is complaing that not every class gets a completely unique set, but this time its we're even getting less sets than usual
    previously it was: tank, healer, caster, MNK, DRG, NIN, BRD
    now its: ifrit, garuda, levi, shiva
    Since both caster+healer, tank+MNK, NIN+BRD+MCH are just slight variations
    DRG gets the only unique set

In my opinion the only travesty is that caster and healer have been getting only recolors since HW launch
    asuran, gordias, VA, and WoD actually too all had the same gear for caster/healer. just black for caster and white for healer
    I mean I can understand throwing NIN and the ranged DEX DPS in the same pot since it never made sense to me that NIN get seperate sets, diluting the loot tables even further but my excitement to play healer surely doesnt flourish when they havent gotten unique gear in over a year
    Last edited by Enkidulgaa; 2016-02-12 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    I dont think anyone is complaing that not every class gets a completely unique set, but this time its we're even getting less sets than usual
    previously it was: tank, healer, caster, MNK, DRG, NIN, BRD
    now its: ifrit, garuda, levi, shiva
    Since both caster+healer, tank+MNK, NIN+BRD+MCH are just slight variations
    DRG gets the only unique set

In my opinion the only travesty is that caster and healer have been getting only recolors since HW launch
    asuran, gordias, VA, and WoD actually too all had the same gear for caster/healer. just black for caster and white for healer
    I mean I can understand throwing NIN and the ranged DEX DPS in the same pot since it never made sense to me that NIN get seperate sets, diluting the loot tables even further but my excitement to play healer surely doesnt flourish when they havent gotten unique gear in over a year
    That's how.... it usually went? They just combined it differently this time around.
    Ironworks was:
    -Tank
    -DRG and monk were the same
    -Nin and bard were the same
    -Healer and caster were the same

Again 4 sets different color variations and slight alterations like we re gonna have now.
    If you see in the trailer the monk and tank sets differ in how they are presented slightly much like the healer and caster ironworks had a different helmet but the rest was the same for example and the healer and caster shiva set are different colors and one has exposed shoulders while the other does not and is darker blue.

Really its the same as before except instead of pairing the monk with the DRG they paired him with the tanks because it did not fit garuda.

EDIT: and thats how it worked for the raids as well with the only difference being monk usually had a unique set so that makes it 5

(not shown: caster has a hood whereas healer has a scouter)
    Healer and caster were wildly different, which is what I'm mostly miffed about

Deleted

(not shown: caster has a hood whereas healer has a scouter)
    Healer and caster were wildly different, which is what I'm mostly miffed about
    K guess I was wrong about ironworks but for most of the sets healer and caster just change colors

DPS meters getting sorta adressed now with these dummies as they seem to be encounter specific. CD reset on wipes I agree on.
    Housing has counter parts. Every game that has done instanced housing, people complain that it doesnt feel alive. Now that we have actual housing people complain that they didnt get a house. They re adding ishgard housing and more plots in 3.3 so thats a step up.
    The rest of the stuff that you mentioned needs a little more care yes although I do find myself doing the occasional treasure hunt for the possible money.
    One of the things they should address in regards to housing, is some very few and rich people that buy tons of spots and hoard them, selling them for ridiculous ammounts afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are adding apartments it seems and a way to grow plants indoors

They re adding ishgard housing and more plots in 3.3 so thats a step up.
    They also mentioned a new house: Mansions.

I already am interested, but terrified of the price.

I'd really like to see them implement a way to build your house up a floor instead, though. We're happy with our plot, but if they add more space to put things in the house and keep adding new items, eventually we're going to need a third floor in addition to the basement/ground/second in the large house. And I'm sure the small house players would appreciate a second floor eventually. (Who am I kidding, I imagine small house owners would kill for a second floor option about.....right now.)
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-02-12 at 07:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They also mentioned a new house: Mansions.

I already am interested, but terrified of the price.

I'd really like to see them implement a way to build your house up a floor instead, though. We're happy with our plot, but if they add more space to put things in the house and keep adding new items, eventually we're going to need a third floor in addition to the basement/ground/second in the large house. And I'm sure the small house players would appreciate a second floor eventually. (Who am I kidding, I imagine small house owners would kill for a second floor option about.....right now.)
    We get a basement at least but yes yes we would

Question, why does everyone want to become a Mentor? What are the rewards exactly for meeting the requirements they have set?
    I am pretty sure no one wants to become a Mentor just because they want to help others so much as you could do that anyway without a system saying you are indeed, a Mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    We get a basement at least but yes yes we would
    Yeah, I knew there was a basement, but I meant second floor as in "build upwards"

Though I imagine the dev team wants to avoid Lavender Beds/Mist/Goblet turning into Tokyo with everything just building upwards into skyscrapers.

I need to start saving money for a small house when we go, some day, one day in the far future, to Doma. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    Question, why does everyone want to become a Mentor? What are the rewards exactly for meeting the requirements they have set?
    I am pretty sure no one wants to become a Mentor just because they want to help others so much as you could do that anyway without a system saying you are indeed, a Mentor.
    Well, I try to help new people in dungeons already, so I can say I do like helping new people. But with an MMO where time is always working against you, the rewards would have to entice me over working towards relic, etc. But they've said there will be unique glamour (and probably titles) from being a Mentor.

A third floor for even the small houses would be pretty great. Even the roof designs support a third floor anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Yeah, I knew there was a basement, but I meant second floor as in "build upwards"

Though I imagine the dev team wants to avoid Lavender Beds/Mist/Goblet turning into Tokyo with everything just building upwards into skyscrapers.

I need to start saving money for a small house when we go, some day, one day in the far future, to Doma. >_>

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I try to help new people in dungeons already, so I can say I do like helping new people. But with an MMO where time is always working against you, the rewards would have to entice me over working towards relic, etc. But they've said there will be unique glamour (and probably titles) from being a Mentor.
    Ah sounds cool. I've been trying to help people in the game both as a healer and as a tank in my 3 months of playing so far and have gotten over 500 Commendations due to always advising or assisting people and being nice/kind to them.
    It's just that when I read about the Mentor system I wasn't able to find any 'rewards' so I thought 'Well I help people out anyway so why should I lvl a dps class all the way to 60 if I get nothing out of it?' ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    I want to become one to help. I realized awhile ago one of my greatest joys is helping new players ABD watching them go farther then I ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I want to become one to help. I realized awhile ago one of my greatest joys is helping new players ABD watching them go farther then I ever could.
    I am pretty sure there are people who want to help but as I said, what is it that you can do more by becoming a Mentor instead of a regular guy who just loves to help?