10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I like AST. keeps me on my toes with the cards. i do get a bit irritated at the smaller range on asp. helios, makes barf face a bit harder IMO ah well. Im bad at noct sect ast tho...not a good sch either XD
    Noct AST, just as SCH or Disc/Drood in WoW requires encounter knowledge, because you have to bubble up before the hit lands.

Personally I prefer reactive healing (Diurnal/WHM) to preemptive healing (Nocturnal/SCH).
    Hitting a button and seeing all them bars refill is more fun than hitting the button and preventing them from emptying quite as much. :<

BTW: Noct AST is useless when you have a SCH in your raid. Bubbles conflict. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't want to annoy you guys, and I'll stop asking after this last try, but can someone help me with this here?

A link with a good explanation (that also includes recent changes to the system) would suffice too.
    Someone else can do it for you as far as i know.
    Atleast my FC's moneymaker says so, she'll be the one melding all my shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Someone else can do it for you as far as i know.
    Atleast my FC's moneymaker says so, she'll be the one melding all my shit.
    A cool, do you have any clue about that stuff with "max stat on a item"-thing. I remember melding something on an item that already has that stat on it will result in the materia giving less stats than what it's supposed to give.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cool, do you have any clue about that stuff with "max stat on a item"-thing. I remember melding something on an item that already has that stat on it will result in the materia giving less stats than what it's supposed to give.
    I haven't really done any melding.. partly as my crafting is still low level.. but there are stat-caps on items. My FC's master-craftsman said that item usually already has max amount of primary stat on it, so you usually meld other stat(s) on the item(s).

So I got into A8. We got upto Brute Justice twice and we wiped around 50-40% and one of the healers starts crying and asking to be kicked then afking when we refused to. Like seriously why? Small rant over.

I have no idea about that, but it seems reasonable judging by the market prices on the materia V atm.
    On my server atleast, secondary stats is selling for atleast thrice as much as the primary stats ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Α8 is the best fucking fight in the game hands down I cannot wait to see it on savage.
    I literally felt like I was having a throw down with the Megazord. It was pretty goddamn cool.

Deleted
    The patch is pretty great so far, i only have one complaint though.

Why so little Hildy, i was done in 15 minutes with that :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    The patch is pretty great so far, i only have one complaint though.

Why so little Hildy, i was done in 15 minutes with that :<
    Yeah, was a bit disappointment.

Deleted
    About that melding discussion, I found this awesome website, might as well share it right?

http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/DRG

seems like it covers all classes. You can see how many stat points are still "free" (don't know how else to describe it) when you click on that meld slot.

So secondary stats all the way, and STR materia is useless unless you meld it on tank stuff?

So do we still need to have a 60 crafter to meld materia on the raid gear? I've heard people say you don't and some say you still do.

Deleted
    You do you just no longer need to switch to the said crafter to do it.
    As long as its 60 you can meld in your war/magic class.
    People told me btw that you cannot overmeld blue gear, only crafted gear, is that true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    So do we still need to have a 60 crafter to meld materia on the raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    People told me btw that you cannot overmeld blue gear, only crafted gear, is that true?
    Yeah, raid-gear has "Advanced Melding Forbidden" -tag, while crafted gear does not have one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So secondary stats all the way, and STR materia is useless unless you meld it on tank stuff?
    Okaay.. well that doesn't make any sense at all.Tanks no longer scale with str, I thought they fixed that in 3.2. Oo

As for not being able to meld main stats: bummer but expected. Makes the whole melding shabang pretty um ... unexciting.

Actually we do scale with str.

before patch 1 str = 1 attack power
    after patch 1 str = .45 attack power AND 1 vit = .45 Attack power

Because of this, Melding Str for tanks has a higher priority over secondary stats

Well guess I need to power lvl some crafters up now

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Well guess I need to power lvl some crafters up now
    You might know this already but you can turn in specific items every day to your Grand Company for a major chunk of experience. The bonus doubles if you turn in a HQ item - and you can buy them off the markets easily enough in many cases. This works for both crafting and gathering classes.

Yea I do those every once in awhile. Don't have any crafters at 60 yet though.

Updated last night but servers were down : (

Oh well, hopefully tonight I'll be able to get that cute new hairstyle (short hair one) on my dragon lady.