Deleted
    Intro sounds similar but that's about it.... also the genre by itself has tons of songs that sound extremely similar wtf?

10+ Year Old Account
    First 30s really do sound very similar, but past that not really.

Both sound absolutely hideous to me though. Surprised people call this weird screaming noise "music".

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas which Grand Company has the shortest queues to Frontlines?

Just spent two hours in queue for Frontlines Roulette* as Twin Adders before I gave up.

*With option to join in progress match.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Just did A8, it's a nostalgia trip to 90s without the terrible acting.
    No terrible 90s acting? What about at the end as the enemy fall we all turn around, let it fall and explode lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    No terrible 90s acting? What about at the end as the enemy fall we all turn around, let it fall and explode lol
    We are too cool to look at explosions!

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Master IV books cost 720 blue scripts.

The problem with crafting is not the script grind, it is getting ready for 2-3*** stuff to even be able to craft anything worthwhile.
    That is just obscenely time consuming, to the point that it gets ridiculously more efficient to just sell treasure maps, buy what you need directly and be done with it.

I tried to like crafting, I really did. But it is so much bullshit grind, layered with RNG, topped of with more grind and wrapped in tightly by RNG again that, from an economical PoV, it is simply put: Not worth the effort.
    Sounds about the same as clearing the newest Savage raid within the first release patch cycle, only for crafting, to me. New crafted gear, scrip nerfs, etc, come in time. I'm not driven to be on the cutting edge of crafting, but I can guarantee there are large swaths of people who are. Entire crafting FCs and Linkshells of people who can and do maximize this aspect first and foremost with raiding, PvE, and PvP second.

Heck, I've got someone on my friends list that I think only does a DoW or DoM for MSQ, then goes back to crafting all the live long day.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-03-01 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Just spent two hours in queue for Frontlines Roulette* as Twin Adders before I gave up.

*With option to join in progress match.
    Never mind, apparently I simply chose bad time to queue.

As we got closer to reset-time, I got in quite fast and party-members were talking about average 8 minute queues.

Even won my first match, 1200 Wolf Marks, yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Sounds about the same as clearing the newest Savage raid within the first release patch cycle, only for crafting, to me. New crafted gear, scrip nerfs, etc, come in time. I'm not driven to be on the cutting edge of crafting, but I can guarantee there are large swaths of people who are. Entire crafting FCs and Linkshells of people who can and do maximize this aspect first and foremost with raiding, PvE, and PvP second.

Heck, I've got someone on my friends list that I think only does a DoW or DoM for MSQ, then goes back to crafting all the live long day.
    Well clearing savage is actually fun (for some, not for me). Bulk-crafting is boring as fuck to me.
    Sure you figure out the rotation once but everything past that is menial labor and "push buttons in designated order to succeed" Hell we have MACROS taking care of the entire process for us. Oo
    Being a factory worker would probably be more entertaining.

But what turns me off completely is grinding insane amounts of gil just to have to deal with the bullshit RNG overmeld gold sink whose sole purpose is to suck up the gil a crafter can make. About as fun as arguing with an android stuck in a circular logic loop.

Thanks, I pass and craft the crap with basic gear next expansion for a fraction of the cost since it's about visuals only anyway.

PS: I wouldn't have a problem with materia costing a lot but meld chances being 100%. Dumping RNGsus knows how many IVs costing 130K a pop into a 16% meld chance? FUCK THAT. I can do more sensible and fun stuff with my time than grind like an idiot.

P.P.S.: Your comparison to savage clear effort would be correct if you were to raid savage only to get the latest armor model.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2016-03-01 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Well clearing savage is actually fun (for some, not for me). Bulk-crafting is boring as fuck to me.
    Sure you figure out the rotation once but everything past that is menial labor and "push buttons in designated order to succeed" Hell we have MACROS taking care of the entire process for us. Oo
    Being a factory worker would probably be more entertaining.

But what turns me off completely is grinding insane amounts of gil just to have to deal with the bullshit RNG overmeld gold sink whose sole purpose is to suck up the gil a crafter can make. About as fun as arguing with an android stuck in a circular logic loop.

Thanks, I pass and craft the crap with basic gear next expansion for a fraction of the cost since it's about visuals only anyway.

PS: I wouldn't have a problem with materia costing a lot but meld chances being 100%. Dumping RNGsus knows how many IVs costing 130K a pop into a 16% meld chance? FUCK THAT. I can do more sensible and fun stuff with my time than grind like an idiot.

P.P.S.: Your comparison to savage clear effort would be correct if you were to raid savage only to get the latest armor model.
    Cutting edge crafting isn't just about having visuals, though. It's primarily a money making endgame.

Housing items, relic items for raiders, plus sure, some visually unique items. Next patch will also be the raid-worthy crafted gear apparently. And that's where the crafting focused players build up their millions upon millions of gil over time. It's not my thing either, but there are players who enjoy that aspect of the game, so I dig it being there for them and don't see a need to simplify it and erase that 'endgame' for them. I'll just wait for the scrip nerfs and catch up mecahnics (c'mon Ixal dailies, round 2, make it happen!).

Did they add crafting/gathering materia to any of the new avenues for acquisition? You can get about 12 rank IV materia per day from Beast Tribes now, but don't think crafting was in the mix for Kobold when I did those. Haven't checked Amal'jaa/Sylph and I don't have Sahagin open yet. I should check Ixal. They were the "crafting beast tribe" after all, so that would make sense.

Like you said, cutting edge savage raiding is fun for some. Obviously being on the cutting edge of crafting is fun for some as well. Not sure how your server is, but I know there's one subdivision in Ul'dah where their market board usually has a handful of crafters working on stuff any given moment of the day and from talking with them, they're able to do the max star items. Some will be making the newest top item in a week or two. So the interest is there for some.

I'm a dirty crafting casual myself, but I see the intent of the crafting endgame imitating PvE endgame conceptually. You and I may simply disagree on the implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cutting edge crafting isn't just about having visuals, though. It's primarily a money making endgame.
    Problem is that outside of crafting, gil is not very useful.

I have like 16-20 mil or so and 0 clue what to do with it. Only time I ever spend gil is (enjoy the irony) whenever I do something crafting related.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm a dirty crafting casual myself, but I see the intent of the crafting endgame imitating PvE endgame conceptually. You and I may simply disagree on the implementation.
    It's okay that crafting is there. Different strokes and all that. I'm not arguing for them to take it away from players that like it.
    I just elaborated why it is not fun for me and in a nutshell that would be:
    Way too much RNG and grind involved for extremely limited rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    That was my initial feedback on the crafting system since ARR released, but people always insisted, "No! It's very strategic and involved and complex!" :|
    It IS complex, esp compared to any other crafting system I have ever seen in a game. But only if you figure out stuff for yourself.
    It becomes "reforge-Addon" simple if you wait for the elite to figure it out and merely copy/paste the rotations.

As for the gil making: Gathering >>> crafting hands down. No need to dump millions into overmelds and gamble with expensive mats in orderto HQ a product....
    Get a few red scripts (MH/OH/CHEST), get a few 100% melds -> wohoo you can now gather everything in HQ. I've sold one measly HQ-smithonite or for 75K. Other HQ-ores sell for 35-30K. PER FRIGGIN ORE. Now imagine if I could be arsed to farm that on a regular basis. (I can't because I don't know what to do with gil so I gather sth now and then but that' it)

I just elaborated why it is not fun for me and in a nutshell that would be:
    Way too much RNG and grind involved for extremely limited rewards.
    Agreed. IMO the only thing crafting/gathering is used for is the Anima weapon materials and the costumes. Other than that there is no benefit in having them leveled all the way to 60. I advocate having them all (except CUL) at 50 so you can repair your stuff in the field, but that's not really a compulsive enough reason for anyone (IMO) it's really just a nice bonus for those who were going to level them all anyway.

Because I'm so mature:

It makes me laugh much more than it really should.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Good point, haha.
    I just love how it's all presented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Even if you "figure it out yourself" (which is generally a trivial affair) it's not actually that complex. HW added some mechanics that raise some questions about what's best to do at each step given certain situations, but even that isn't terribly complicated.
    I never claimed that it's rocket science. But it's a far cry off the "gather the mats and push the button to complete the item" that other MMOs offer.

All this crafting chatter reminds me to stop being a lazy bum and actually start working on it...but as of late I'm trying to get DoW classes leveled up so I actually have space in my armory chest. o.o

Tank classes are all almost to the same level, and I plan to bring them all up to 60 next, since I have a crapload of tank gear clogging one of my retainers.

Man, here I thought the struggle with void storage and bank space in WoW was real... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I know your pain. Still have AST @ 51 so can't get rid of the lowbob healer gear quite yet. :X

I'm so torn. There's so much side stuff I want to to on my WHM (ignoring my desire to level up other classes, especially harvesting/crafting classes) but I've not even finished the main level 50 storyline yet...and I want to work on hitting 60 so I can start farming some gear and the like.

GAH, too much to do -_____-

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm so torn. There's so much side stuff I want to to on my WHM (ignoring my desire to level up other classes, especially harvesting/crafting classes) but I've not even finished the main level 50 storyline yet...and I want to work on hitting 60 so I can start farming some gear and the like.

GAH, too much to do -_____-
    I'd recommend getting to 60 and finish the main scenario quests. Everything comes back to that at some point, even new content released in a patch (e.g. I couldn't do Sephirot until I did 3.1 MSQs). Leveling another class before you have one at 60 is also inefficient as you deny yourself the 50% (I think it's 50%) exp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    I'd recommend getting to 60 and finish the main scenario quests. Everything comes back to that at some point, even new content released in a patch (e.g. I couldn't do Sephirot until I did 3.1 MSQs). Leveling another class before you have one at 60 is also inefficient as you deny yourself the 50% (I think it's 50%) exp bonus.
    Yeah, from 1-50 it's double xp, then from 50-60 it's still a 50% increase (once you have one class at 60). It's well worth tunneling one class first before going off farting around with others.