Eh, there's so little stuff that is unique to the races in the first place that it's nice to have something that can't be used by everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Eh, there's so little stuff that is unique to the races in the first place that it's nice to have something that can't be used by everyone.
    True but I also wouldn't mind wearing the Elezen and Au'ra outfits on my cat girl .

I just want more customization options. Less restrictions on class, race, sex, dyeability, hideability, etc. etc.

AND MORE STORAGE!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I just want more customization options. Less restrictions on class, race, sex, dyeability, hideability, etc. etc.

AND MORE STORAGE!
    My bags are consistently full.

Full of old gear that I can't bare to throw away because of how long it took me to collect the whole sets.

Full of crafting mats.

Why is the Armoire so limited in what it accepts, I will never know. We also need some kind of crafting mat bank that (allows you to store like 999 of every mat) if I'm to keep my sanity.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    I might be a bit slow noticing this, but is that a horde symbol?

10+ Year Old Account
    1st sign of the incoming Invasion of greenie-weenies. :X

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    1st sign of the incoming Invasion of greenie-weenies. :X
    Insect race for Horde confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

AND MORE STORAGE!
    WTB Rifts wardrobe system. Like, super for serious. There are so many great looking pieces of armor I'm already coming across on just my whm (50, pre-Heavensward) and pld (40) that I'd love to be able to swap to at any point.

EVERY MMO NEEDS RIFTS SYSTEM

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    WTB Rifts wardrobe system. Like, super for serious. There are so many great looking pieces of armor I'm already coming across on just my whm (50, pre-Heavensward) and pld (40) that I'd love to be able to swap to at any point.

EVERY MMO NEEDS RIFTS SYSTEM
    I have to agree with this. Rift's wardrobe system is superior to anything else I have seen in any other game.

For those who don't know how it works.
    There is a tab on your char sheet for wardrobe, inside of that you have a number of slots, this can be increased through the cash shop.
    Once you put a piece of gear into a wardrobe slot, it is also stored there, so it is no longer taking up inventory or bank space. that is the absolute best feature IMO as it can double as storage for gear sets. Once you have all your wardrobes set up, which you can do anywhere, you can switch between them anytime you want.

It's really neat. One guild I was in actually had a "guild uniform" that made us all look like power rangers. Some people ran around in it all the time but most of us would just switch to it when doing guild runs and whatnot. Actually helped with recruitment as well if a group of 2-4 of us went on dungeon runs, we'd all put it on and the randoms in our group would usually ask about it, occasionally wanting to join. When we would Pug for our raids we would do the same thing and if one of the PUGs was in need of a guild, they'd usually end up joining. That's just one of the many awesome ways you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I have to agree with this. Rift's wardrobe system is superior to anything else I have seen in any other game.

For those who don't know how it works.
    There is a tab on your char sheet for wardrobe, inside of that you have a number of slots, this can be increased through the cash shop.
    Once you put a piece of gear into a wardrobe slot, it is also stored there, so it is no longer taking up inventory or bank space. that is the absolute best feature IMO as it can double as storage for gear sets. Once you have all your wardrobes set up, which you can do anywhere, you can switch between them anytime you want.

It's really neat. One guild I was in actually had a "guild uniform" that made us all look like power rangers. Some people ran around in it all the time but most of us would just switch to it when doing guild runs and whatnot. Actually helped with recruitment as well if a group of 2-4 of us went on dungeon runs, we'd all put it on and the randoms in our group would usually ask about it, occasionally wanting to join. When we would Pug for our raids we would do the same thing and if one of the PUGs was in need of a guild, they'd usually end up joining. That's just one of the many awesome ways you can use it.
    Sounds kinda like...Wildstar, maybe? I haven't played Rift. But I liked how in WS once you set a slot with a particular item to display that it kept that appearance no matter how many times you change the actual equipped item (vs. how in WoW and GW2 the appearance change is assigned to the item itself). I suppose Rift expands on this with having different set assignments one can configure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Sounds kinda like...Wildstar, maybe? I haven't played Rift. But I liked how in WS once you set a slot with a particular item to display that it kept that appearance no matter how many times you change the actual equipped item (vs. how in WoW and GW2 the appearance change is assigned to the item itself). I suppose Rift expands on this with having different set assignments one can configure.
    Yeah, WildStar has a similar system. I think the difference between them is Rift allows you to use armor of any time for your wardrobe (so plate as a caster if you want) and doesn't really have "class restricted" armor.

Rift has the same system as WS though, that the appearance is tied to the slot rather than the gear itself, so your shoulder appearance will remain the same no matter what you are actually wearing.

For serious, I'd kill for a system like that in FFXIV. I know little of glamoring, but it seems expensive and limiting. Same goes for dyes (which are also permanently unlocked when collected and freely changable in Rift).

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Well, the Wildstar copied Rift, lol. But yeah, they are basically the same systems.

Yeah, WildStar has a similar system. I think the difference between them is Rift allows you to use armor of any time for your wardrobe (so plate as a caster if you want) and doesn't really have "class restricted" armor.

Rift has the same system as WS though, that the appearance is tied to the slot rather than the gear itself, so your shoulder appearance will remain the same no matter what you are actually wearing.

For serious, I'd kill for a system like that in FFXIV. I know little of glamoring, but it seems expensive and limiting. Same goes for dyes (which are also permanently unlocked when collected and freely changable in Rift).
    So the Wildstar system (or as Lathais points out, Rift's original system) combined with what sounds like GW2 dye unlocking.

Sure, where do I sign?

FF14's glamouring is more akin to WoW's transmog system, only clunkier. You need the item you want the appearance of (and it has to be in your inventory/armory). You also need the appropriate glamour prism (each crafting class produces them). Like to change a sword, you need a blacksmith prism, for a robe, weaver prism, etc. There's different grade levels, too, and you can't use a grade 5 to work for a 1-4.

To be fair, my description makes it sound worse than it really is. But it's without a doubt far from elegant when compared to systems in other games.

Gotcha, so I guess I'll probably be spending tons of money on prisms...and leveling up crafting classes eventually -_________-

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Well, the Wildstar copied Rift, lol. But yeah, they are basically the same systems.
    Actually sounds like they all copied LOTRO...

Gotcha, so I guess I'll probably be spending tons of money on prisms...and leveling up crafting classes eventually -_________-
    Or get someone in your FC to make prisms for you. They aren't that expensive mat-wise.

What server are you on anyway, Edge?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that FF-XIVs system is needlessly cumbersome.

Very curious about legions T-Mog system and how well it'll turn out in practice. LOOOOTS of bank space will be freed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Or get someone in your FC to make prisms for you. They aren't that expensive mat-wise.
    Well at least being able to do all of those is a nice perk of having leveled all crafters.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

What server are you on anyway, Edge?
    Just checked and looks like Jenova. Was playing with roommate and a few of his friends but they've all abandoned me : (

Though I should have seen it coming given that I've tried to get my roommate to play like 500 games with me and the only one he's stuck around with for any amount of time is Planetside 2. He even abandons me when I play D3 nowadays because he's "done with it". He's a jerkface.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just checked and looks like Jenova. Was playing with roommate and a few of his friends but they've all abandoned me : (

Though I should have seen it coming given that I've tried to get my roommate to play like 500 games with me and the only one he's stuck around with for any amount of time is Planetside 2. He even abandons me when I play D3 nowadays because he's "done with it". He's a jerkface.
    Sounds like you should murd...aaaah get a new room mate! *nods*

Why can't we dye the stuff from the hall of the novice? Seriously, why? It make a no sense.

Is there a dyeable version of this gear somewhere in the game? The mid-level dungeon drops can't be dyed...