Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Cool beans, I dig playing with a controller

So is there a site for FFXIV that's like Icyvains? Its been so long since I played I have forgotten almost everything lol.
    XIV is a little different in its community aspects, probably comes from being a Japanese game rather than a western one what with all the things like players forming in game ques for things now and then. Your best bet is looking on the lodestone or just googling for specific blogs. It seems to have a lot of those like WoW circa Wrath did and some people go as indepth as you can imagine about the rotations and stuff.

Of course this all has to be balanced with the combat revamp coming in 63 days so a fair few things will be outright incorrect by then.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Of course this all has to be balanced with the combat revamp coming in 63 days so a fair few things will be outright incorrect by then.
    Dam is the expansion really in 63 day's LOL, Didn't cross my mind it was so soon.

Ill just wing it until then, I only do queable content anyway and it isn't like its super hard. I play a summoner so it isn't like figuring out my rotation will be super hard.

Funny enough I think it will be harder to get use to KB+M over Controller lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-17 at 12:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

best thing about maining NIN: when the rest of the diadem party leaves and you stealth into the caves for those sweet 65+ lockbox silver chests all to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    best thing about maining NIN: when the rest of the diadem party leaves and you stealth into the caves for those sweet 65+ lockbox silver chests all to yourself
    Rofl, how hard is it to play a NIN? I have considered starting over but I don't want to play my other spec (Dark Knight). Just looking for something "Simple" and fun.

I don't wanna tank or heal and will be playing with a controller mostly.

Edit: Mite be a stupid question to ask since in 2 months it all changes lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-04-17 at 12:49 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, another victory in frontlines puts me at 7/10 for the mount achievement. Three more victories to go and then I'm likely never touching it again.
    Welp another loss for me. . We were 900-600-700 and we threw absolutely hard in the 8 player Shatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Another way to look at is if you do go down that route then in the long run you're actually doing more work. Think about it. Would you be normally doing A1S? Probably not at this point as there's nothing to be gained from there if you don't want the glamour. On the other hand doing something like a Zurvan EX or Sophia EX if you don't have the mounts gives you a good chunk of light and a chance at a mount. Yes its slower but you're also working towards two goals at the same time which in return saves you time.
    Your solution is exactly what I want just with shortcuts removed (i.e. A1S, I know not a popular opinion) and then just have people do the content that they want at a fair pace for all. As I said, the problem is opportunity cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not really, but MMOs sometimes do that to you.
    You forget it's a game that's supposed to entertain and push through it in a focused manner as if processing a task at work.

Oftentimes I shake my head at myself and ask me "why did I do that?"
    Oh I know they do, but we shouldn't be complacent in that. We should call it out and ask for better design.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Hmm. I have no clue how PvP would feel in this game. Is it worse than BGs in WoW?

Hmm 6K Wolf marks for the 2 items I'd want. Should be able to suffer through that.
    It's worse IMO, because even though wow bg's are filled with some of the least intelligent mouth breathers I have ever seen, FF14 manages to one up it and melee are basically useless except for their LB's on healers/SMN's/BLM's (which a good healer will counter).

That said I did grind out a few pvp sets here and the trick is get a friend, it makes it much more tolerable.

Is there a megathread somewhere with a compilation of all the information that has been announced for Stormblood?

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    Is there a megathread somewhere with a compilation of all the information that has been announced for Stormblood?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...XIV-Stormblood

Rofl, how hard is it to play a NIN? I have considered starting over but I don't want to play my other spec (Dark Knight). Just looking for something "Simple" and fun.

I don't wanna tank or heal and will be playing with a controller mostly.

Edit: Mite be a stupid question to ask since in 2 months it all changes lol.
    It may be worth trying your hand at tanking and/or healing since come Stormblood, there will be a bazillion people playing red mage and samurai, so the general expectation is that dps queues are going to go up, at least for 61-70 dungeons.

If you left off with playing summoner, I'd recommend sticking with it simply due to how ridiculously awesome it becomes at 60. Really good single target damage and the best aoe by miles now, unless they un-nerf BLM's Flare at some point, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It may be worth trying your hand at tanking and/or healing since come Stormblood, there will be a bazillion people playing red mage and samurai, so the general expectation is that dps queues are going to go up, at least for 61-70 dungeons.

If you left off with playing summoner, I'd recommend sticking with it simply due to how ridiculously awesome it becomes at 60. Really good single target damage and the best aoe by miles now, unless they un-nerf BLM's Flare at some point, heh.
    Well summoner was my original class and then I offspeced to Dark Knight before I took my break. Now I just want to be lazy and dps

Ill stick with summoner if nothing else fits since I do enjoy the class. How many ability's would u say at 60 it uses and can I still kinda leave my pet to do its own thing? I know it isn't the best to do that but its the content I do that's what I did at 50.

Re-learning everything is so fun LOL.

Well summoner was my original class and then I offspeced to Dark Knight before I took my break. Now I just want to be lazy and dps

Ill stick with summoner if nothing else fits since I do enjoy the class. How many ability's would u say at 60 it uses and can I still kinda leave my pet to do its own thing? I know it isn't the best to do that but its the content I do that's what I did at 50.

Re-learning everything is so fun LOL.
    For auto-pilot, you can simply use Ifrit and let it do it's thing. I use Garuda and set it to Obey so I can use Contagion when I want (as opposed to the pet throwing it out as soon as it sees the 3 dots on the target). Shadow Flare > dots > Contagion > Bane = win at aoe. Then you end up with Dreadwyrm Trance at 58 and Deathflare at 60...yeah, SMN is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    For auto-pilot, you can simply use Ifrit and let it do it's thing. I use Garuda and set it to Obey so I can use Contagion when I want (as opposed to the pet throwing it out as soon as it sees the 3 dots on the target). Shadow Flare > dots > Contagion > Bane = win at aoe. Then you end up with Dreadwyrm Trance at 58 and Deathflare at 60...yeah, SMN is fun.
    Awesome, I did use Garuda on auto-pilot, but ill give Ifrit a go and throw him a heal when needed. How many ability's would u say gets used at 60? In 60 day's this won't matter but still lol.

Questions for people with Garo mounts.

1. Can I get credit for 50 Frontlines or is it Seal Rock and Shatter only?
    2. Can I use specific queue or is it Duty Roulette only?

Awesome, I did use Garuda on auto-pilot, but ill give Ifrit a go and throw him a heal when needed. How many ability's would u say gets used at 60? In 60 day's this won't matter but still lol.
    Typical Summoner fight I use all of these:

Ruin, Ruin 2, Bio, Bio 2, Miasma, Miasma 2, Fester, Shadowflare, Dreadwyrm Trance, Deathflare, Painflare, Aetherflow, Bane, Tri-Disaster, Rouse, Spur, Enkindle, Raging Strikes, Swiftcast, Resurrection, Physick (rarely), Pet Heal, Sprint and the Summon spell for your pet should it die and need to resummon

so, 24 abilities and I feel like I'm missing something.

I use Ifrit and just leave him on auto pilot, seen a few in depth discussions that the difference in DPS output between immaculate control of Garuda and auto-pilot control of Ifrit is pretty small, though it is noticeable but for the kind of content I do I don't need that little increase at the expense of my enjoyment of the job.

I main SMN, with DRK and AST being my back-up for the tank and healer roles when I just want a quick dungeon queue or want to do something besides DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Typical Summoner fight I use all of these:

Ruin, Ruin 2, Bio, Bio 2, Miasma, Miasma 2, Fester, Shadowflare, Dreadwyrm Trance, Deathflare, Painflare, Aetherflow, Bane, Tri-Disaster, Rouse, Spur, Enkindle, Raging Strikes, Swiftcast, Resurrection, Physick (rarely), Pet Heal, Sprint and the Summon spell for your pet should it die and need to resummon

so, 24 abilities and I feel like I'm missing something.

I use Ifrit and just leave him on auto pilot, seen a few in depth discussions that the difference in DPS output between immaculate control of Garuda and auto-pilot control of Ifrit is pretty small, though it is noticeable but for the kind of content I do I don't need that little increase at the expense of my enjoyment of the job.

I main SMN, with DRK and AST being my back-up for the tank and healer roles when I just want a quick dungeon queue or want to do something besides DPS.
    Thanks for all the info
    I should have been a bit more clear, I mean just combat spells in total. Just making sure I'm using all the right ones

But still helpful ty.

Edit: Also I seem to have a issue. When I summon my pet I can't use R1 and rotate between my skill bars. It keeps just going to my last bar used and my pets bar.

Thanks for all the info
    I should have been a bit more clear, I mean just combat spells in total. Just making sure I'm using all the right ones

But still helpful ty.

Edit: Also I seem to have a issue. When I summon my pet I can't use R1 and rotate between my skill bars. It keeps just going to my last bar used and my pets bar.
    I'm not an authority by any means so I'll just reference the reddit thread and associated guide I use to make sure I'm not sucking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...de_by_hai_hai/

Also, I play on PC with keyboard and mouse so have no clue how to address any controller or hotbar scrolling related issues. My apologies.

Katchii covered it pretty well. For dungeon running you can just let Ifrit go nuts on it's own since 90% of trash will die well before the 15 seconds Contagion would add to all the dots becomes a factor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Questions for people with Garo mounts.

1. Can I get credit for 50 Frontlines or is it Seal Rock and Shatter only?
    2. Can I use specific queue or is it Duty Roulette only?
    Not sure on the first one, but i believe all frontline modes count, though seal rock and shatter are probably gonna be the quickest queues. You can specifically queue, as duty roulette would make no sense seeing as feast isn't in the roulette.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Not sure on the first one, but i believe all frontline modes count, though seal rock and shatter are probably gonna be the quickest queues. You can specifically queue, as duty roulette would make no sense seeing as feast isn't in the roulette.
    It's just I wanna do anything but Shatter atm is all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's just I wanna do anything but Shatter atm is all.
    If you've done gotten the 10 frontlines wins, I'd do feast then. It'll quicker to do and you're gonna need to do 30 feast anyway.