Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    should get the skill preview video. hopefully they show more of sam/rdm outside of the same 4 attacks they keep showing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    should get the skill preview video. hopefully they show more of sam/rdm outside of the same 4 attacks they keep showing for them.
    That, and perhaps they elaborate on some of the screenshots of other job actions/abilities Yoshida has posted this past week so we have an idea of what those abilities actually are/do.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    maybe actually show some RDM/SAM rotation. So far it looks like RDM only dashes in for one move which would blow.

I'm hoping for a house in the Mist once Stormblood releases, but I guess maybe that's too far-fetched to hope for? Is there a limit on how many houses one can have?

I'd go looking after the new housing district opens, bunch of established home owners will transfer their plots opening some up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    I'm hoping for a house in the Mist once Stormblood releases, but I guess maybe that's too far-fetched to hope for? Is there a limit on how many houses one can have?
    Can only own one personal house. Can also have an FC room and apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Can only own one personal house. Can also have an FC room and apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'd go looking after the new housing district opens, bunch of established home owners will transfer their plots opening some up.
    That's what I figured/am hoping for.

How much does a medium house cost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    How much does a medium house cost?

Additional Plots and Housing Price Adjustments

Medium plot is 16 to 20 mil, depending on class.

I finally saw another person on my server who was mental enough to get the Whisper A-Go-Go mount. They were equally as surprised

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally saw another person on my server who was mental enough to get the Whisper A-Go-Go mount. They were equally as surprised

So, what's everybody going to do whilst the servers are down next week? I'm going to be trying to be positive that my connection won't get worse on Balmung - since it's pretty stable at the moment - and play some Persona 5.

...and I also got the special Yo-Kai mount but I never use it. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    My BLM is at IL 233, I want to get into Dun Scaith.

The only way to increase my IL is with a new weapon or using Tomes of Script which will take some time and I rather save those for my Warrior gear.

Does the MSQ unlock new weapons ?

I just completed that alliance battle where you need 100 points and it ends with a 1v1 vs Raubahn

Edit - I honestly forgot about the other NPC that has weapons, so there's another trial I haven't unlocked yet it seems.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-05-13 at 05:21 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So, what's everybody going to do whilst the servers are down next week? I'm going to be trying to be positive that my connection won't get worse on Balmung - since it's pretty stable at the moment - and play some Persona 5.

...and I also got the special Yo-Kai mount but I never use it. >.>
    I'm hoping its in Chicago which is further than Montreal from Toronto but not by much. Other than that just playing Horizon Zero Dawn like I have been for a while now.

Honestly I haven't been subbed for three weeks now as I want to finish up a few games before Stormblood as I'll be playing that exclusively.

The only way to increase my IL is with a new weapon or using esoterics which will take some time and I rather save those for my Warrior gear.
    You could just use those esoterics for your BLM and then run through Alexander Creator on that job and use the tokens towards your WAR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha. I barely see it on my server either. Then again me and my friends have it so we're all nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, new housing plots. At least for the unemployed and people lucky enough to be on holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Cool, new housing plots. At least for the unemployed and people lucky enough to be on holidays.
    Aye - moment ago realized that since I'm graduating this summer, I'll probably be in job by the time they open Shirogane.

Shortly after we realized that all those who volunteered to hunt large plot for FC.. are probably stuck in work. SE, can't you just open it on weekend?

Hopefully at some point during 4.0 they'll boost the amount of housing wards for all four districts by a significant amount, especially on the busier servers. At the very least they should make an exception for Balmung. As the unofficial RP server it's pretty obvious that a lot of people are going to sweep up houses ASAP and many players are not going to move elsewhere if RP is a part of the game they want to indulge in.

Gilgamesh was the sister server to Balmung initially, but spiteful players who loathed RP ended up harassing anyone who did it in public so now most of them have moved to Balmung or just keep it in private instances. In turn, this also makes people who RP less likely to bother setting up a new, tighter knit community on one of the smaller servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Hopefully at some point during 4.0 they'll boost the amount of housing wards for all four districts by a significant amount, especially on the busier servers. At the very least they should make an exception for Balmung. As the unofficial RP server it's pretty obvious that a lot of people are going to sweep up houses ASAP and many players are not going to move elsewhere if RP is a part of the game they want to indulge in.

Gilgamesh was the sister server to Balmung initially, but spiteful players who loathed RP ended up harassing anyone who did it in public so now most of them have moved to Balmung or just keep it in private instances. In turn, this also makes people who RP less likely to bother setting up a new, tighter knit community on one of the smaller servers.
    Well MMO rp by and large tends to get a cringey rep overall. I remember a podcast on the pre blizzardwatch wow equivalent to massively -though its been so long i forget the sites name- and they had an rp podcast where a woman went on a long schpiel about how "we all play down to earth characters" and went on to explain how her blood elf was really the true queen of dragons waiting to usurp alestraza
    Naturally not everyone is like that but mmos feel kind of like just the lazymans rp. Theres a world for you, cant change it or mess with it but walk around virtual larping by all means!
    Compared to tabletop role playing games it just seems kind of hollow and often cringe worthy in practice and thats kind of the mindset a lot of folks seem to apply to it.

Of course for folks who can't gather around a table for various reasons its all they have, but even a game of Dread can be more eventful than videogame headcanons in my experience. It just seems like a dwindled subset of mmo players that used to be much bigger.

a woman went on a long schpiel about how "we all play down to earth characters" and went on to explain how her blood elf was really the true queen of dragons waiting to usurp alestraza
    I would love to not hear a podcast of that, but see a video of the person while she was saying all that and the reactions of all the other people involved in the conversation. I imagine there were many facepalmings to be had.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    "we all play down to earth characters" and went on to explain how her blood elf was really the true queen of dragons waiting to usurp alestraza
    Yeah.. those morons give role players a bad rep.

Role play is nothing more than letting your character come alive in the universe he is moving in. You develop a background that is compatible with the universes restrictions, think of general characteristics and then just react to stuff that happens to the character.

It can be quite fun.