Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Regarding Clipping: I hate clipping so much. I purposefully avoid it as best I can. I also don't have my floating weapon shown either. I'd rather justify I make it materialize out of thin air via DRG magic than see it float there .

Regarding new ping: So I went from ~25 to ~100. While 100 ping is "playable" it's not the same. I've played WoW at 11 ping on Scylla, and I've played WoW on Blackrock @ 100 ping. The difference was night and day. It's like running a half marathon with a 25lb weight vest. Yeah it doesn't stop you, but it does detract from the experience. So I have to deal with 4x my original ping. I'll give it a try and see how it feels.

I'd be REALLY curious to see them outline their decision making process for the new server location.
    I've been used to 15~ MS for almost 4 years and now its 95~. My friend was used to 30~ and now has 135~. I play MCH/BRD/NIN/DRK and he plays a DRG so it hurts us a lot. While most people will say its still playable and that's true but when you've played the game a certain way for almost 4 years now and you have to adjust all of a sudden to a different playstyle for no reason of your own. As much as I love the game I can't support an asinine decision like that. Heck South Americans have it even worse now and the average seems to be almost 300MS there now compared to 150~ before.

In the end he's thinking of quitting because of this or switching classes at least and if he quits I quit. Might be a kneejerk reaction but I don't really want to support stupid decision making like this even if I adore the game.

entitledrantover

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    I've been used to 15~ MS for almost 4 years and now its 95~. My friend was used to 30~ and now has 135~. I play MCH/BRD/NIN/DRK and he plays a DRG so it hurts us a lot. While most people will say its still playable and that's true but when you've played the game a certain way for almost 4 years now and you have to adjust all of a sudden to a different playstyle for no reason of your own. As much as I love the game I can't support an asinine decision like that. Heck South Americans have it even worse now and the average seems to be almost 300MS there now compared to 150~ before.

In the end he's thinking of quitting because of this or switching classes at least and if he quits I quit. Might be a kneejerk reaction but I don't really want to support stupid decision making like this even if I adore the game.

entitledrantover
    Funnily enough, I was actually going to make the exact same statement, but decided against it earlier. Part of me REALLY wants to show SQEX that I won't support bad decision making (again unless they clarify their intent and it makes sense).

I used to play leagues with ~95 ping. 95 ping is fine for almost anything, but as soon as it dropped to 50, (aka cut in half) I could anicancel riven combo and I went from gold to almost diamond in 1 month. That's not counting the raw smoothness I gained while playing other champions. It makes a difference.

I haven't played pretty much since the last patch went in. I got geared and prepped for Stormblood, so I've taken the opportunity to Platinum Horizon Zero Dawn and have been playing Breath of the Wild, so I'm a bit blank slate and planning to play some tomorrow night to see how it feels for me.

Ninja will be most telling for me with mudras acting up. I'm not going to flip out too much right now since it's just set up in the new location. I'd give it a week or two for things to get optimized before making my final determination on how it feels.

My guess on the rationale behind the location?

More went into the decision than just "Best location for the lowest ping for the most players."

From that particular criteria, moving from one side to the other, which just flip flops the ping issue in the US, is a bad decision...but I'm willing to bet it wasn't the only factor considered, and given how they believe it's playable as long as you're under 200ms it probably wasn't even their top priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh for the love of.. ..there goes main tank, who also acted as raid-leader and caller.

Think that is that, think I'll just end raiding - well, that was some interesting year or so. Couldn't find any earlier kill on my Tumblr, so first "recorded" kill was Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme) during last summer, shortly followed by A5S.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Ninja will be most telling for me with mudras acting up. I'm not going to flip out too much right now since it's just set up in the new location. I'd give it a week or two for things to get optimized before making my final determination on how it feels.
    That'll do it. Or try Titan HM. Back when us UK players had to deal with a Canadian server location in ARR you straight up could not actually see Titans plumes till AFTER they spawned. I tried WTFast and it only slightly improved. Had to end up learning a straight up waltz timing since all Titans attacks are 4 seconds apart and just move hoping i moved to a spot landslide or the plumes didn't drop.
    Took some time but eventually i got the quest mat for my Stardust Rod but i didn't know any other uk players at the time who managed to clear with in duty finder rather than paying millions of gil for a carry. Thankfully the servers moved by the time NIN became my main job but i hear at the start mudras were kind of a nightmare for lag.

10+ Year Old Account
    So question. How are they gonna address people hitting gear ilvl walls for HW content when SB comes out? SInce theres several MSQ dungeons that makes ilvls mandatory to finish.

sorry, was trying to google an answer first but nothing came up

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So question. How are they gonna address people hitting gear ilvl walls for HW content when SB comes out? SInce theres several MSQ dungeons that makes ilvls mandatory to finish.

For msq dungeons at 60? Likely add gear to the msq like they did with the 50 ones.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-05-18 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    For msq dungeons at 60? Likely add gear to the msq like they did with the 50 ones.
    okies. I mena my main is already geared, but leveling a new toon with my recruited bf and didnt know if we should just grind it out or wait

okies. I mena my main is already geared, but leveling a new toon with my recruited bf and didnt know if we should just grind it out or wait
    Grinding it out won't take quite as long as it did in the lead-up to Heavensward - if you do the Centurio Seals hunt marks as you level from 50 to 60 and then a bit at 60 you can make the jump to ilvl 210 pretty quick, and then from there it's not far to the ilvl 230 needed to finish the MSQ.

That said, as Kaelwryn mentioned they will almost certainly add gear into the MSQ.

Though early access is only a month away, so depending on how much you have left to do to reach and finish 3.0, it may be worth it to wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Grinding it out won't take quite as long as it did in the lead-up to Heavensward - if you do the Centurio Seals hunt marks as you level from 50 to 60 and then a bit at 60 you can make the jump to ilvl 210 pretty quick, and then from there it's not far to the ilvl 230 needed to finish the MSQ.

That said, as Kaelwryn mentioned they will almost certainly add gear into the MSQ.

Though early access is only a month away, so depending on how much you have left to do to reach and finish 3.0, it may be worth it to wait.
    We just hit 58 so...

eh, maybe we will grind. Wasnt thta bad on my main and he is a tank

Sounds like new RPers and people upset that their friends can't play are starting to flock to Mateus, which had a fledgeling RP community that may get a jump start soon

Still a little unfortunate, but silver linings, we need more than one RP server. Hell, if Square could designate them, I feel like that would help a lot, raiders who are hostile to RP would see "ew gross" and jump ship from Balmung, and people looking for it would know where to actually go without having to flail around or look at fansites

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Sounds like new RPers and people upset that their friends can't play are starting to flock to Mateus, which had a fledgeling RP community that may get a jump start soon

Still a little unfortunate, but silver linings, we need more than one RP server. Hell, if Square could designate them, I feel like that would help a lot, raiders who are hostile to RP would see "ew gross" and jump ship from Balmung, and people looking for it would know where to actually go without having to flail around or look at fansites
    I wish every MMO had a designated RP server with different rulesets (EQ did this in the past, WoW kinda did at the start but grew more and more lax regarding them). There definitely should be more than one, though at this point my FC wouldn't transfer off Gilgamesh so the few of us interested in RP are outta luck on that.

Deleted
    Seeing gear levels got adressed just a few posts ago, any idea if it will be such a huge and painfull jump for crafter and gathering gear again?
    Might spend the last weeks getting better gear for those then so i don't have to bash my head against a wall to get hq items again...

Much like they did with the ARR patch quests (that we all love to hate due to the amount and tediousness), they will likely add gear rewards to those HW quests to get people enough ilvl for those dungeons/trials.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    Seeing gear levels got adressed just a few posts ago, any idea if it will be such a huge and painfull jump for crafter and gathering gear again?
    Might spend the last weeks getting better gear for those then so i don't have to bash my head against a wall to get hq items again...
    No idea for sure, but with red scrip gear more readily available from Zhloe, I'd probably knock that out to get some better stuff now since it's not too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mynax View Post
    At a very minimum, I'd shoot for the ilvl 180 stuff from blue scrips; worst case, once you come around to leveling gathering/crafting, you could pick up red scrips easier then (since they will uncap as of SB) and upgrade that stuff to ilvl 200, which should make SB leveling a bit easier.

If you've got gil to burn, you can go for some ironworks gear, also; even if you don't pentameld it, just by melding the guaranteed slots, it'll be decent enough to get started.

As someone who didn't have high end ARR gathering/crafting gear, I definitely do not miss the slog that was 50-51ish for gathering/crafting.

I wish every MMO had a designated RP server with different rulesets (EQ did this in the past, WoW kinda did at the start but grew more and more lax regarding them). There definitely should be more than one, though at this point my FC wouldn't transfer off Gilgamesh so the few of us interested in RP are outta luck on that.
    I wish more games would be more strict with RP griefing in general, but neither here nor there.

I recall being witness to a friend attending an in-game, in-character funeral in BDO for a player who passed away, and someone infamous for leading a movement of "RPers are disgusting people, let's harass them" was sitting on the outskirts. Out of nowhere shows up a GM, complete with tag, says "(GM who punished him last time) says hi", and then flat out murders him.

The EU data center would present such an opportunity (for an officially designated RP server), being that they are going to spin up some new servers there.

Not sure how applying such an "official" moniker on an already-existing server would fare. Given what has transpired with Balmung being labeled the unofficial RP server and the ungodly amount of people that have transferred here (be it for RP, to hang with friends, etc.), they may want to intentionally avoid the possibility of such a situation.

That said, it is pointed out that such a label may deter non-RPers from transferring, which is entirely plausible.

I have to say that the prospect of being able to be somewhere where I could obtain a house relatively easy (compared to the shitstorm that will be Shirogane on Balmung) is enticing. But I would really hate to leave the economy and social atmosphere/community of Balmung behind.

All that being said, it's a situation I'm keeping an open mind about. Will be interesting to see if we run into massive log in queues (that can't be skipped by cancelling the prompt) and have options for servers to move to free of charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be kinda tempted to move to new EU server myself, but don't want to leave FC behind on Odin.