10+ Year Old Account
    I did two Praetorium runs for the moogle event a bit ago and now I'm questioning life.

I think I'll stick to the pvp maps for more of the currency.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Down to just LTW and WVR to level and thank god you can spend the fate stones on skins. Farming that shit is suffering. I killed 35 green gliders and got two glider skins.

IT TAKES FOUR TO MAKE ONE PIECE OF LEATHER.

If there is a single thing i will give WoW over FFXIV its leather not being rarer than fucking elite rare mob spawns.
    Don't forget if you've got a retainer who is DoM or DoW, they can do 1 hour ventures to get about 10 skins per venture.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Transferred off of Balmung to Brynhildr and moved into a Shirogane apartment. Five hours later and I've yet to assemble anything that looks good.

As I found out, I shot myself in the foot by... moving into a Shirogane apartment. The Shirogane ward sure is nice, but inside the actual apartment, I can't change the red siding. So I have to wall over it with partitions... which I can't put windows on. I haven't finished the Doman Enclave so I don't know if the Fool's Threshold item will even stick to the partitions. When I browse through houses posted online, it seems all of the nice Japanese style homes are in Lavendar Beds. Tried the "make a garden with light shining into house" idea, but I don't think I'll be able to shake off that ugly window (unless I also partition over that and only use light fixtures). Not sure what to do now. Going to experiment more tomorrow. Any ideas?
    Google "ffxiv fake windows" and you'll see a few videos on how to fake the game out to put windows on partitions!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    I did two Praetorium runs for the moogle event a bit ago and now I'm questioning life.

Praetorium runs are for leveling jobs you're trying to get up and the new moogle tomes are a bonus.
    If you're just after the moogle tomes, stick with.....anything else, I imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Praetorium runs are for leveling jobs you're trying to get up and the new moogle tomes are a bonus.
    If you're just after the moogle tomes, stick with.....anything else, I imagine.
    The last time the event was active I saw a ton of Blue Mage groups cheesing the hell out of the dungeons that awarded them. With the right set-up and smart game play, you can clear those lower level dungeons in like 4 minutes.

Tam Tara Deepcroft for example can be cleared in ~4 minutes in like 5 pulls if you just pull everything, buff and then self destruct rotating who does it when. The whole group doesn't need to be alive on each of the bosses, so long as at least one person in the group stays alive the dungeon will progress.

So we've added 4 new FC members, all people I've known a while through Twitter.

One of them just cleared Praetorium last night. Took him a week to get through the initial MSQ.

Now, considering where he is in the story, let me share this detail with you: He loves Minfilia and has sworn to protect her. Oh no....

10+ Year Old Account

One of them just cleared Praetorium last night. Took him a week to get through the initial MSQ.

Now, considering where he is in the story, let me share this detail with you: He loves Minfilia and has sworn to protect her. Oh no....
    hey atleast they might like SHB even more now sorta....

10+ Year Old Account
    I foresee awkwardness ... *looks at Thancred*

I hate that little twirp. Her entire schtick is look down, clasp her hands on her chest, look up and talk about depression and daddy issues. Christ
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I hate that little twirp. Her entire schtick is look down, clasp her hands on her chest, look up and talk about depression and daddy issues. Christ
    I feel she's one of the better characters that just doesn't work in a video game. Exposition and political intrigue aren't really exciting in a visual medium when you're not in a position to be performing said intrigue (for all its faults, see Dragon Age Inquisition's ball segment where your status/race/responses impact how the nobility view you). If a solid writer, heck even some of the XIV team, were doing a novel or light novel around Minfilia's maneuvering during A Realm Reborn to keep the Scions present and involved in City State affairs without actually being beholden to any City State (think about that; she managed to avoid entanglement by the Monetarists despite being within Ul'dah borders), I think she'd be a really interesting character and she'd have room to shine.

In a game, however, we don't get to explore that. She just gives some exposition, postulates on a few things, and gives us our fetch quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I confess i felt like this while doing the post main quest 100 series. All she did was sit her ass down in the base and take more time than necessary in cut-scenes. Then things happened and now i feel a bit sorry.

But, honestly (i haven't finished ShB yet) the time i enjoyed the most was stormblood when i was hanging with Yugiri, Heizen and the big samurai guy i forget the name.
    AKA i am actually quite tired of the scions and ready to move on. Hope that in the next xpac i get to hang out with Gaius instead. Let's take over the empire! Let's go!

I'm getting ahead of myself. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    If a solid writer, heck even some of the XIV team, were doing a novel or light novel around Minfilia's maneuvering during A Realm Reborn to keep the Scions present and involved in City State affairs without actually being beholden to any City State (think about that; she managed to avoid entanglement by the Monetarists despite being within Ul'dah borders), I think she'd be a really interesting character and she'd have room to shine.
    I know full well how important she was to the scions, but imho you have to read between the lines in order to get that. I'd be nice if the game shows it more directly.
    For s/o that doesn't think further than what it shown she seems to be a character that does nothing at all except pester us to come back to the arse of the world when we could just had that discussion via linkpearl. :<

I did like her later Role in HW and ShB though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    But, honestly (i haven't finished ShB yet) the time i enjoyed the most was stormblood when i was hanging with Yugiri, Heizen and the big samurai guy i forget the name.
    How can you forget Gosetsu? Shame on you.

10+ Year Old Account

Main Scenario is love! Main Scenario is life!

I do it every day for that sweet sweet XP - just because i hate healing, but want every class at 80, so it's an easy way to level up, especially if you don't really like the current job.

Though, i try to always do it with someone from my FC, as we can talk in Discord while endless cut scenes run...

For the stones, MS is great: 10 for Castrum, 7 for the smaller. Imagine: Just run the big one 10 times, and you have the shiny dog earrings!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post

I do it every day for that sweet sweet XP - just because i hate healing, but want every class at 80, so it's an easy way to level up, especially if you don't really like the current job.

Though, i try to always do it with someone from my FC, as we can talk in Discord while endless cut scenes run...

For the stones, MS is great: 10 for Castrum, 7 for the smaller. Imagine: Just run the big one 10 times, and you have the shiny dog earrings!
    How long does an average MSQ Prae take? 50 minutes? Plus eventual queue time. So 5+ hours of Prae for earrings? Good luck!
    Thread: Ranged vs Melee which is easier in PvE?
    'Originally Posted by Thelxi'
    Dragon farts stink so ranged

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manthis View Post
    How long does an average MSQ Prae take? 50 minutes? Plus eventual queue time. So 5+ hours of Prae for earrings? Good luck!
    About 60 min for the longer, 40 for the shorter.

As stated, i level healers through it - so zero queue time.

And the earrings! They're dogs! DOGS! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGS!!!11111

to be honest, i don't care about the earrings, but my SO does. I'll just trade them in for MGP probably - as i said: i do the MSQ every day anyway for the XP boost.

10+ Year Old Account

Earrings are the lowest priority thing I care about in this game. Mounts and MGP!

I've already switched to doing pvp matches instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earrings are the lowest priority thing I care about in this game. Mounts and MGP!

I've already switched to doing pvp matches instead.
    Yeah was thinking about the mounts too, but: Afaik they're the beast tribe mounts, and some day in the distant future i want to grind them out - so buying them now would somehow cripple that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah was thinking about the mounts too, but: Afaik they're the beast tribe mounts, and some day in the distant future i want to grind them out - so buying them now would somehow cripple that idea.
    I was only going after the two bird mounts and some MGP. I still have never did any of the beast tribe quests in 6 years of playing this game.

Maybe I should :P

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Transferred off of Balmung to Brynhildr and moved into a Shirogane apartment. Five hours later and I've yet to assemble anything that looks good.

As I found out, I shot myself in the foot by... moving into a Shirogane apartment. The Shirogane ward sure is nice, but inside the actual apartment, I can't change the red siding. So I have to wall over it with partitions... which I can't put windows on. I haven't finished the Doman Enclave so I don't know if the Fool's Threshold item will even stick to the partitions. When I browse through houses posted online, it seems all of the nice Japanese style homes are in Lavendar Beds. Tried the "make a garden with light shining into house" idea, but I don't think I'll be able to shake off that ugly window (unless I also partition over that and only use light fixtures). Not sure what to do now. Going to experiment more tomorrow. Any ideas?
    My apartment is in Shirogane, and this is what I did with it

Thanks to the default wall details being less obtrusive than other residential zones, you can cover Shirogane apartment walls with stage panels which is what I did above. It allowed me to really change the look and feel of my apartment. If you wanna examine it in game, my apartment is on the Midgardsormr server in Shirogane Ward 1 - Subdivision, Apartment #15!
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2019-10-02 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was only going after the two bird mounts and some MGP. I still have never did any of the beast tribe quests in 6 years of playing this game.

Maybe I should :P

Just found this on reddit. Afaik, the first one (falcon) is not obtainable in any other way.

I need to double check the orchestrion rolls from the mogtomes. I have all the mounts. I'll get music I'm missing and then get the shibe earrings if I wind up with 100 from just naturally doing other things.

But Nier is taking priority right now. I'm over halfway to the first ending. I should be able to get the first and a couple more endings by end of this weekend. The final ending, I'm not sure about and may have to backburner it to start Automata.

How many hours a night we talking though? It took my brother and I and one IRL friend nearly a month to get to ARR Endgame back in 2.1. We played nearly every single night for maybe 2 hours? So roughly 60 hours? He play like 8 hours a day or marathoned on the weekend lol?