Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I think it's likely this. I just genuinely can't see ANY situation where you can rationally say I enjoyed trying to farm the same thing over and over instead of being able to farm new other things. I could be wrong though.

I don't do collectibles in either game. The only mounts I have in WoW are ones from like raids and metas. Just like in FF14 the only mounts I have are the raid or trial ones if they casually dropped. I generally don't find a lot of the mounts in FF14 that appealing when compared to the ability to customize your Bo's appearance and equipment. I do have the Kobolds beast tribe mount though because a floating bench suspended by Bombs is top fucking tier design.
    To be fair, I didn't farm the same thing before either. I went for specific things for specific characters, not the same thing across multiple characters. It further customized them and made them unique from my alts. Slapping it on everyone kind of removed that element for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    To be fair, I didn't farm the same thing before either. I went for specific things for specific characters, not the same thing across multiple characters. It further customized them and made them unique from my alts. Slapping it on everyone kind of removed that element for me.
    I actually still do this. Each of my alts uses different ground and flying mounts. Still haven't managed to find a mount in FF14 that I like though. Or they require me to do something really hard, which I'm not particularly capable of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn... that Ishgard restoration is just a barely veiled script grind deluxe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty standard stuff with the first part of the ishgard restoration it seems, gunna be great for lvling up hand/land

For anybody interested in the Ishgard details, the lodestone site for it.
    Last edited by Dugna; 2019-11-12 at 05:19 PM.

Well, the rewards for the Ishgard reconstruction are appealing at least. It's a good long term goal to work towards, I suppose. The crafting FATE doesn't actually involve crafting, though.

Yet they're apparently a one off thing for each stage. Make sure to be there about an hour in advance, though - I know a lot of people who couldn't get in due to congestion brought about by world visit. I managed to participate in FATE's on both Cerberus and Ragnarok today.

As a base, I suppose it works - but I hope there's a bit more involvement in later patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Well, the rewards for the Ishgard reconstruction are appealing at least.
    Most of it seems to be old Diadem stuff.

God its nice to revisit Ishgard. Its one of those mmo cities like Ironforge that even after time and expansions make them redundant it still feels like 'home' in a weird way.

Also i got the Nier caster legs on my Viera and they also do the buttslider magic. Now shes a real viera!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    God its nice to revisit Ishgard. Its one of those mmo cities like Ironforge that even after time and expansions make them redundant it still feels like 'home' in a weird way.
    Too cold. Definitely not home... brr.
    Seeing Count Fortemps is always a joy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Too cold. Definitely not home... brr.
    Seeing Count Fortemps is always a joy though.
    Dude i hate summer and love autumn and winter. One of them cosy houses in Ishgard with a comfy fire and some quality hardwood furniture? i'll sell my weebvilla in shirogane any time.

Most of it seems to be old Diadem stuff.
    Yeah, I already have all that - but there's a decent amount of new stuff, too. Luckily it can all be sold on the markets, so may just aim to get something now, sell it, and save the money to buy everything else later.

Ishgard housing is pretty much confirmed at this point. I don't think I'd move from Mist but I do like Ishgard's aesthetics.

Well while in Ishgard i noticed i forgot the Lvl.80 AST quest and man Yoshi just loves teasing us with GEO don't they? Kyokhou's opening a Geomancer school in kugane and was carrying a hammer/chime weapon i didn't recognise as a reused model.

Man if GEO is another Limited job and not the next Healer or close range dps i'm gonna flip but on a serious note maybe when we inevitably go into Garlemald, since we already have NIN from Doma maybe we get GEO from the east and something like Viking of Beastmaster from Ala Mhigo? after the change to summons they might not have that 'pet class issue' they mentioned back in ARR when people asked for a hunter analogue.

oooh...i wouldn't mind a geomancer job like in the ff strat series.
    would beastmaster job include a pet similar to hunter in wow?

as a side note..i keep hoping for more garlean glamour!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Dude i hate summer and love autumn and winter. One of them cosy houses in Ishgard with a comfy fire and some quality hardwood furniture? i'll sell my weebvilla in shirogane any time.
    IRL I love winter too but Ifalna thinks differently.

Okay, I don't fully understand this Ishgard Restoration project.

Basically,

1) Is it a temporary event?

2) There seem to be multiple unique rewards, but at the rate of how fast Odin progresses, hell, it might be rebuilt in less than a week...?

3) If I miss a stage, like I did miss Day One when Odin already finished a phase, what have I missed? Rewards? Something else unique?

4) What is the best way to tackle this content, should I just no-life it to ensure that I get all the rewards asap before they become unavailable, which can be anything from 1 day to a month, based on Odin's progress?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Yep
    2) Doubt it, the mass craft events probably only net your scrip + xp + the experience of the event. (1st one was at 4am on my server, yah fat chance me being online in the middle of the night)
    3) See above, SE isn't that stupid, they won't tie unique rewards to sth most people with a life will never get to.
    4) Craft at your leisure and have fun. Don't get so caught up on some "virtual reward".

1) Yep
    2) Doubt it, the mass craft events probably only net your scrip + xp + the experience of the event. (1st one was at 4am on my server, yah fat chance me being online in the middle of the night)
    3) See above, SE isn't that stupid, they won't tie unique rewards to sth most people with a life will never get to.
    4) Craft at your leisure and have fun. Don't get so caught up on some "virtual reward".
    Just like they were not stupid enough to kill Eureka entirely, thus making SB relic weapons near-impossible to obtain due the lack of players?

But yeah, I sure hope I got time to get that gorilla mount, glam sets, hairstyle and emotes before shit hits the fan. Not playing super much each day atm, so my pace will be much slower than usually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Just like they were not stupid enough to kill Eureka entirely, thus making SB relic weapons near-impossible to obtain due the lack of players?

But yeah, I sure hope I got time to get that gorilla mount, glam sets, hairstyle and emotes before shit hits the fan. Not playing super much each day atm, so my pace will be much slower than usually.
    Except SB relic isn't near impossible to obtain anymore, the echo buff added means its quite easy to solo eureka. And more importantly this is *Not* a temporary event in the sense that once you miss, its gone forever. its more temporary in the sense that once its pass certain progression, you've missed seeing the progression and will only see what happens after the point you're at (or the final end point). The rewards are still going to be there and this is going to be something that takes atleast two patches to get thru because we have part 2 for gatherers coming in 5.2
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2019-11-13 at 01:49 PM.

IRL I love winter too but Ifalna thinks differently.
    Fuck winter. I can't even drive my car because I'm too cheap to take off my summer tires. Snow sucks.

Fyi if you aren't in the 460 pentamelded crafting wahteverdafucks heres a way to make the lvl.80 Ishgard collectives that doesn't require much beyond maybe two 460 pieces of gear and maybe food if you are lacking some materia.

/ac "Reflect" <wait.3>
    /ac "Manipulation" <wait.2>
    /ac "Ingenuity" <wait.2>
    /ac "Delicate Synthesis" <wait.3>
    /ac "Prudent Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
    /ac "Ingenuity" <wait.2>
    /ac "Preparatory Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Standard Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.2>
    /ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
    /ac "Careful Synthesis" <wait.3>

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Except SB relic isn't near impossible to obtain anymore, the echo buff added means its quite easy to solo eureka. And more importantly this is *Not* a temporary event in the sense that once you miss, its gone forever. its more temporary in the sense that once its pass certain progression, you've missed seeing the progression and will only see what happens after the point you're at (or the final end point). The rewards are still going to be there and this is going to be something that takes atleast two patches to get thru because we have part 2 for gatherers coming in 5.2
    Ah, Eureka was nerfed enough then. But yeah, here goes my anxious hope to get all the temporary event rewards with no real ETA for full completion...