10+ Year Old Account
    I can`t get in now, Start button not active then it throws me out of the game.

Yeah, at 9:30 in the morning, I've been unable to log in for the last hour on Exodus. Tried last night at 12:30am, this is just getting way out of hand. They really need that afk time out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    I love when mod's on this site can act like they are more important, in a game or on this "site", than everyone else. Who cares if your "friend" plays on a certain server should of known that the first week or so of the game was going to be packed. Get the refund, this game will be much better without your self centered attitude!

*incoming ban because mod's on this "site" don't like it when someone talks back to them*
    This is hilarious. You heard it here: logging off when you stop playing so others can get on the server is now "self-centered".

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm.. Why are all EU servers locked for new characters, or players? dafuq.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I can`t get in now, Start button not active then it throws me out of the game.
    Getting this now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a maintenance going on?
    Or just random login / lobby server death?
    :/

does anyone know if we'll get character transfers? since we've basically had to spread out our characters across multiple servers due to them filling up so damn quick, I hope SE bring in a way that allows us to pool our characters on say the same server.

Does anyone know if the customer service phone services are on Labor day vacation today?

15+ Year Old Account
    You know all the people complaining about the login issues. It's been known for awhile now, maybe you should just STOP TRYING. I know that you're all excited and really want to play, but you know they're already working on fixing the issues. Wait a few days until the maintenance happens and see if things have gotten better. That seems like the logical, sound thing to do. I mean, surely you have something else that you can keep yourself preoccupied instead of constantly bashing your head against the login issues?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh, i'll try later this week i guess, got other stuff to do, at least i managed to save my character looks, so its ready to go once they fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nireyo View Post
    Ahhhh, I finally logged in earlier, played all day! Minimized to check to CPU temps and the game stops responding, dang it.
    Yeah, I've found that alt-tabbing for more than a few seconds can quickly cause you to crash - changing the game to windowed mode to do anything like checking CPU temps or browse forums/whatever seems to be the way to go right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    Took me 15 mins to log in yesterday, only five today
    Starting to look up? May be coincedence though.
    Seems to be related to server as well. I've got three characters, each one on a different server from where I've been checking race/class combinations out (as well as each server's community), and an hour of off-and-on trying to log-in (while watching netflix to pass the time) to Midgardsormr led to 5 times in queue that still ended up with the World is Full message. Ten minutes of the same later that night on Siren and I was in the game. Some servers just do not seem to open up much compared to others.
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2013-09-02 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    You know all the people complaining about the login issues. It's been known for awhile now, maybe you should just STOP TRYING. I know that you're all excited and really want to play, but you know they're already working on fixing the issues. Wait a few days until the maintenance happens and see if things have gotten better. That seems like the logical, sound thing to do. I mean, surely you have something else that you can keep yourself preoccupied instead of constantly bashing your head against the login issues?
    patience is a virtue people in society today have long forgotten.

I understand the feeling of anticipation and disappointment.

What others need to understand is they have apologized numerous times, acknowledged the issue, and are working on solutions. They are crediting accounts with time. The current solution may not be enough when it goes live; so report issues again, and give them more time and patience. They will give more free game time, and there is NO net loss. Just pretend the real release is after they fix everything, and your free time will start then.

Spamming servers and complaining on a forum that is not affiliated is not the best course of action. If you just need to vent, fine. Toning down the anger is something you should teach yourself and it will carry a positive change in your life going forward. Being angry about small things won't be good for your long term health. It also won't be good for your professional or social future either.

Learning how to communicate under pressure is an amazing advantage to your life, especially with it comes to things that you are passionate about. Being clear, concise, and constructive is very productive. Explaining things calmly gets your point across better than screaming. Detailed explanations and being relatable gets your points across better than misdirected rage without cohesion of thought and meaning.

Just take a break. The game will be there in the future. It is a fun game, it is a pretty game. You don't -need- it now. They are compensating everyone for the inconvenient, bad launch. Just wait for the solutions and then be happy playing. You were fine 3 months ago without the game, you can be fine for another few days or weeks until it all gets worked out. This is NOT worth the stress and the health issues related to the stress. It is not worth your anger and hate. It is not worth getting into fights on the internet because you are taking the idea of logging into a virtual world more seriously than a lot of the real life issues we all face.

In a month or so, all this anger and bitching will have faded, but your online identity will still be tainted with your immaturity. I have a feeling if it was your real names, everyone would be calmer somehow. Most would act more like rational human beings. People would still be a bit upset/disappointed, but not have the level of toxicity that has been present in this thread for the past week.

Just relax and enjoy your life; and in a week or so, enjoy this game as well. Life is too short to be pissy over something so trivial in the big picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most people are trying to stop the complaining about server issues because without the server issues, the game is fantastic. I personally want everyone to get in today and play it to see how great the game is.

Your complaining about server issues here is going to negatively impact the game overall so when you finally DO get in, you've potentially just turned away another 5 people who could have picked it up.

Yes, the log in issues suck (although I've yet to experience them) but overall, the game is awesome. Eventually you'll be in the game riding chocobos and slaying giant plant monsters but for now, just find an alternative means of entertainment until the issues are resolved. We don't need another MMO to crash and burn from people angry over a rough launch when the game itself is amazing and deserves all of the players it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    Thats true for the most part fencers on the other hand is a dick
    Perhaps, but many people think I'm a dick too. Sometimes it's how I try to get my message across, sometimes people that are by definition wrong, want to keep crawling up the wall. Fencers, while being slightly biased throughout most of her posting, usually makes sense through facts and proper comparison. Fencers doesn't back down from an opinion unless you convince her, even if the opinion is unpopular. I have to respect that, even if that makes me feel that she's being a dick more than once. Fact of the matter is, I'm that kind of type as well. I might not be able to use all the fancy words, I lack both native tongue or simply the study to do so, I always make myself out to be the dick that defends the unpopular, but true, opinion.

So yeah, you're probably right in one sense, maybe wrong in the other. That said, Fencer should be a she, if I'm not mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else's start button grayed out?

Like, after you login via launcher and the game opens up. The start selection is grayed out. I've restarted the game like 3x and restarted my computer. Nothing.

Also, when I run the official FFXIV ARR benchmark test. It shows that my laptop can run the game at the highest settings with relative ease. In game, I have it to the lowest settings possible and I'm still maxing maybe 50 fps. Yet, in the configuration setting before entering the game I see 300+ fps. I'm confused.

Edit: Start button problem fixed, just kept spamming the login. Still having that fps issue, though.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2013-09-02 at 03:14 PM.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Does anyone know if the final cutscenes after defeating the very last boss are replayable? Stupid group didn't want to let me watch cutscenes so I skipped everything just to get the run over with. I went back to the inn to watch everything, but so far cannot find the final cutscenes that play after you leave the dungeon and I don't want to turn in the quest until I know I can rewatch them. If I can't I won't feel too bad about having to redo it all.
    Go to the Inn, the unending story. Go to the main story tab, ultima weapon, last scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Well...true. My FC needs to hurry up and hit 50 so I can stop pugging. Still, hardmode is hard.

BTW crafting is NOWHERE near as bad as I thought it would be cost-wise. At least Alchemy isn't. I've actually profited from it. There's a level 20 fieldcraft leve where you need to deliver 5 potions of intelligence. Base exp is 6k, but turning in high quality potions gives you a bonus 8k. 200 gil base, 500 gil bonus (or something similar). That alone is pretty decent, but that's not the magical part. After turning in the potions, you are allowed to turn them in twice more without consuming another allowance. Potions of intelligence can be crafted entirely out of the alchemy vendor at little cost, and high quality potions are easy to make. It is wonderful! I'm still doing it at level 30.

Almost out of allowances though ><
    ............. why didn't you say this earlier. WHY. D:

One shotted HM Ifrit, didn't die once... but BLM weapon drops... AND I GET IT! =3

The hardest part of the game is getting on the game. I've defeated the log in server. Then I defeated the NA/EU servers won't show up. Now I'm on part III boss called 1017. If I can slay that monster I can play the game.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangshang View Post
    The hardest part of the game is getting on the game. I've defeated the log in server. Then I defeated the NA/EU servers won't show up. Now I'm on part III boss called 1017. If I can slay that monster I can play the game.
    I'm still on the NA/EU servers won't show up part =(
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Widow Maker View Post
    I'm still on the NA/EU servers won't show up part =(
    You aren't alone, I'm back at that point too. lol.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama