That is a big fucking patch lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    And seems the patch is ready to go just checked and it started downloading a 2 gig patch.
    Awesome, started my download.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Have you check how much stuff we get from this patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL this so far is about normal for FFXIV

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Awesome, started my download.

- - - Updated - - -

I posted a link to the nptes I think that is what he meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted a link to the nptes I think that is what he meant.
    Ah I thought he meant the size lol, hence I said check the amount of patch contents that would explain the 2GB.

PS. I think my download is done.

I kinda fast scrolled and got half way and said WoW ok mmmm this just makes me want to play it more.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL this so far is about normal for FFXIV.
    If they can keep it up ill be more then happy to sub lol.

I love how there site says over 1.8million players. I kinda wonder if thats subbed or over all accounts. Not trying to derail I just find it interesting because with that many and cross-platform play the game will be active for a long ass time.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Once you reach level 30, there is a quest at Camp Tranquil "My Feisty Little Chocobo", once you have done it, you can summon your chocobo to fight along side you by using Gysahl Greens (buy from NPC), chocobo will stay up for 30min, until time up or you use the Away command, then you need another Green to summon it again.

Once you hit max level, you will be gathering at Revenant's Toll, where all the cool kids hang out lol. You can do dungeon for drops, also Crystal Tower (similar to WoW's LFR, 24man easy mode raid) but for CT you need to do a quest to unlock it first.

As you do dungeon and other things you will gather tombs of Mythology and Soldiery. Myth tomb have no weekly cap, so farm as much of those as you want, and will buy you ilvl90 gear (CT gives ilvl80 and I believe new dungeons after patch tomorrow gives ilvl70 in dungeon?). Soldiery tomb will have a 450 weekly cap, but will buy you high end gear (unsure of ilvl yet). You can also do Extreme trails for ilvl90 accessories.
    Awesome thankies!! been kinda farming those allagan tomestones from stone sigil normal instance the last couple of days, was in a pretty good group yesterday, lancer in the group was pretty chatty ( prolly a fellow brit, even though i'm on balmung :P )

but yeah thanks for pointing that chocobo quest out, been trying to avoid as many sidequests as they can't be done again should i want to level another job/class, that's the only aspect i don't really like about ffxiv

10+ Year Old Account
    We get a big patch like that every 3 months, however, it is a weird system they use, you don't get new raid tier every patch:

Raid wise, there are Coil (the hard raid, 8 man), and there are Crystal Tower (24man LFR easy mode).

Every 3 months we get a patch, however, we get Coil and CT alternatively, so this patch (2.2) we get new Coil, new patch (2.3) we will get new CT.

So while we get new patch every 3 months, the hardcore only get new Coil every 6 months, while the casual get new CT every 6 month, but as we get new Coil, old Coil will get nerf a bit so those will also become casual contents, so the casual and less skilled get new raid every 3 months still lol.

But then again raid is only a portion of what we get in a patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchensink View Post
    Awesome thankies!! been kinda farming those allagan tomestones from stone sigil normal instance the last couple of days, was in a pretty good group yesterday, lancer in the group was pretty chatty ( prolly a fellow brit, even though i'm on balmung :P )

but yeah thanks for pointing that chocobo quest out, been trying to avoid as many sidequests as they can't be done again should i want to level another job/class, that's the only aspect i don't really like about ffxiv
    Oooh I am a brit too (I am on a Legacy server tho).

You won't miss the quests too much. Once you get a job to 50, when you get some sort of exp bonus when you level other classes, as well as daily roulette is getting expanded this patch, so you will get a lot more means for some free extra exp and tombstones.

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it interesting because with that many and cross-platform play the game will be active for a long ass time.
    FFXI was the last FF online before this one. It is still running, just had a 11th anniverary this year (lol XI's XI anniversary), and is still running, getting patches and expansions still.

Works for me. One of the most fun parts in a MMO for me is dungeon running. Dose not matter if its 5man or 25man.

As long as the boss fights are fun and the community is good I can enjoy a dungeon even if I ran it 10000000000000000000 times.

- - - Updated - - -

FFXI was the last FF online before this one. It is still running, just had a 11th anniverary this year (lol XI's XI anniversary), and is still running, getting patches and expansions still.
    Ya I heard that and also heard that Square Enix said its the most profitable Final Fantasy ever now.

Deleted
    We get a big patch like that every 3 months, however, it is a weird system they use, you don't get new raid tier every patch:

Raid wise, there are Coil (the hard raid, 8 man), and there are Crystal Tower (24man LFR easy mode).

Every 3 months we get a patch, however, we get Coil and CT alternatively, so this patch (2.2) we get new Coil, new patch (2.3) we will get new CT.

So while we get new patch every 3 months, the hardcore only get new Coil every 6 months, while the casual get new CT every 6 month, but as we get new Coil, old Coil will get nerf a bit so those will also become casual contents, so the casual and less skilled get new raid every 3 months still lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Oooh I am a brit too (I am on a Legacy server tho).

You won't miss the quests too much. Once you get a job to 50, when you get some sort of exp bonus when you level other classes, as well as daily roulette is getting expanded this patch, so you will get a lot more means for some free extra exp and tombstones.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm amazed at how fast they seem to release patches, makes blizz seem complete slackers in comparison :P plus they're working on a expansion now too ?
    balmung is a legacy server i think ( sure i'll get corrected by another player in the know :P ) love the commendation system the game has in place

10+ Year Old Account
    Works for me. One of the most fun parts in a MMO for me is dungeon running. Dose not matter if its 5man or 25man.
    Oh you may like this then.

The dungeons in FFXIV are slightly more challenged then WoW's dungeons even on leveling ones. In here even the Lv15 dungeons you better start learning how to play lol. There are also instanced solo fight from storyline, and you cannot out level it as it will level sync you (if you enter as Lv50 into a Lv15 fight, it will sync you back down to a Lv20, you can generally be 5lvl over the designed level for that fight max).

Max level dungeons, some are easier than others (WP and AK are a joke, whereas Pharo Sirius can still make group disband because they have no chance of clearing it, or even pass the first boss), new dungeons coming out this patch has Diabolos in it!!!!!! I am hoping it will be a fun and challenging one.

While we get 3 new dungeons this patch, Amdapor is the original, whereas Hatali and Brayflox are Hard Mode from currently existing dungeons. However, don't be fooled. Unlilke WoW's normal and heroic dungeons, which is exactly the same except tuning, the Hard Mode dungeons in FFXIV, the only thing that remain the same is the theme, you go a different route, the bosses are different, basically is totally different dungeon with the same theme.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm amazed at how fast they seem to release patches, makes blizz seem complete slackers in comparison :P plus they're working on a expansion now too ?
    balmung is a legacy server i think ( sure i'll get corrected by another player in the know :P ) love the commendation system the game has in place
    But WoW you get a new raid tier every patch.

FFXIV while you get a new raid tier every patch, but it is alternating between Coil and CT. As I said before, as a more casual and less skill player that cannot clear Coil as current content, you will be fine, as every 3 months you either get new Crystal Tower, or the old Coil being nerfed, so you get new raid every 3 months regardless. If you are farming Coil as current content, that means CT is worthless to you, so you don't really get another raid tier for 6 months.

But then again, whereas WoW's patches mainly aim at new raid tier and a new play zone, FFXIV's patches generally have a large range of contents.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Ifrit lover, here is the 2 version of Ifrit for you:

This is the Ifrit you fight:

And this is the Ifrit you summon (Ifrit-egi):

As for the Ifrit lover, here is the 2 version of Ifrit for you:

This is the Ifrit you fight:

And this is the Ifrit you summon (Ifrit-egi):
    I seen the fight on youtube looks fun and the summon looks depressinly small lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seen the fight on youtube looks fun and the summon looks depressinly small lol.
    Well in the lore summons are VERY VERY bad for the planrt so you use a variant of them. They basically drain the planet of it's lifeforce.

10+ Year Old Account
    and the summon looks depressinly small lol.
    I know that is why I decided to show you now so you won't be disappointed later lol.

Well in the lore summons are VERY VERY bad for the planrt so you use a variant of them. They basically drain the planet of it's lifeforce.
    True.

/10char

- - - Updated - - -

I know that is why I decided to show you now so you won't be disappointed later lol.
    O well I think ill still enjoy my summoner.

Deleted
    Shame SMN not getting Diablos summon, i would love to have that as a summon

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame SMN not getting Diablos summon, i would love to have that as a summon
    Since Diabolos is not a Primal here, doesn't surprise me (still would have been nice though).

However, I am more sad that he is "degraded" to a dungeon boss. He had a rather large part in FFXI

Since Diabolos is not a Primal here, doesn't surprise me (still would have been nice though).

However, I am more sad that he is "degraded" to a dungeon boss. He had a rather large part in FFXI
    Is it odd that I consider FFXI to be the worse FF game and I hate everything about it....and yet I want to play FFXIV lol.

I have a bit more of a interest in FFXIV then I though I would. From what I got to see and play on my PC the world just looks nice.

Deleted
    Would be hilarious if SMN ended up with a Yojimbo summon and having to pay him every time we called him

Would be hilarious if SMN ended up with a Yojimbo summon and having to pay him every time we called him
    That would be funny as hell and I would still play a SMN and summon him lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the time when I played FFXI, however, no chance in hell if I will ever get back into it.

You can easily hate FFXI and like FFXIV (and vice versa), FFXI is more traditional Japanese MMO, heavy grind involve, most gear are side-grade, some equipment can last for the rest of your game time, relic weapon that takes a year to finish, HNM (one of the end game activity) involve you camp a 24 hour rare spawn with 3 hours pop window, the killing isn't even hard, it is the claiming that is difficult with the amount of people/guild there camping.

FFXIV is more modern and western. It is easy to pick up, follows a vertical gear treadmill, even logging on for an hour or 2 you can get a lot done, raid that is more in line with recent MMOs.

However you can easily see why some people prefer FFXI over FFXIV. For people that spent over a year to build their relic weapon, they expect it to last forever, it is a sign of dedication. As for other "hard to come by" gear, tank ring from King Behemoth (from the very first expansion) I believe is still the best tanking ring even today, rare gear like that becomes a "sign of prestige for them, and they won't be very happy with the "next expansion need to replace your gear". Also FFXI is very casual unfriendly, if you are not in a group that can do those events, you are pretty much screwed for gear, there is a clear divide between casual and end gamers, whereas in modern MMO casuals usually have some means of catching up (by some sort of points that change into reasonably powerful gear), and FFXI players generally dislike those, it is either "be able to do the contents or get nothing". So you can see why some people prefer that, just like why some WoW players prefer Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

No it wouldn't, I will have to sell Extreme Primals constantly in order to fund my raid.

NOTE: The more you pay him, the more likely he will do a more powerful attack, therefore, in progress raiding, you will be expected to pay some sort of "optimal amount" that theory crafters find.