Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Hmm... I have an in game wedding to go to tomorrow night. Any suggestions for clothing/accessories aside from the tux/bridesmaid stuff? That don't cost forty bajillion gil?
    There's a vendor in ul'dah right across from the aetherite plaza that sells the plain tuxedos and I think pants, you're on your own finding shoes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I wish this game was on WiiU.

Honestly I think the duel screen could go quite well for this game. Easier communication (don't need a keyboard), inventory management, etc. Don't think off screen play would work. Too small.
    Lol i just said this elsewhere I think it really woukd work/be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    I cant really see an MMO working on the WiiU :P
    Dragon Quest X.

Be glad they don't try to make MMOs work with the likes of the Wii Fit or Kinect. All those failed fight mechanics...

edit:
    I'm thinking about going with this for the wedding outfit.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2015-01-17 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scufflegrit View Post
    Be glad they don't try to make MMOs work with the likes of the Wii Fit or Kinect. All those failed fight mechanics...

edit:
    I'm thinking about going with this for the wedding outfit.
    Not a fan of the dress personally.

Speaking of wedding I purchased the item to do mine and did the quests but the queue time is horrible. The earliest I could pick was 26/01 and all of the slots for later in the night for the whole week were taken only 1 6pm slot on 28/01 which I can't do due to work otherwise all mid afternoon spots which again I can't do due to work. It's annoying how you have to book and there is only limited spots... I wonder why is it so limited. It can't be that much of a strain on the server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    Not a fan of the dress personally.

Speaking of wedding I purchased the item to do mine and did the quests but the queue time is horrible. The earliest I could pick was 26/01 and all of the slots for later in the night for the whole week were taken only 1 6pm slot on 28/01 which I can't do due to work otherwise all mid afternoon spots which again I can't do due to work. It's annoying how you have to book and there is only limited spots... I wonder why is it so limited. It can't be that much of a strain on the server
    They wanted it to feel more "Realistic" and "Special" by having the times reserved. Tripe if you ask me, luckily I don't care about the wedding system lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    They wanted it to feel more "Realistic" and "Special" by having the times reserved. Tripe if you ask me, luckily I don't care about the wedding system lol.
    I just want to a) see it and b) get the mount lol.

If you pay for the ceremony you shouldn't be forced to wait for weeks. If you're going for free then sure. But a paid item shouldn't be so limited

That said I also don't appreciate square making a more expensive ceremony with the only benefit of being high priority on the queue. They should add something other than flower colors to justify the higher price
    Last edited by Nasriel; 2015-01-18 at 06:08 AM.

My partner and I aren't in any rush to get our characters married, thankfully. It's something we'd like to do but we'll focus on it when the hype dies down. It does feel like it's designed in a bizarre manner though...

10+ Year Old Account
    We got in the first week, >.>.
    It's a weird design decision and meant to feel more realistic I imagine. It was made mainly for RP purposes, and a cute little ring that lets your teleport to your partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    We got in the first week, >.>.
    It's a weird design decision and meant to feel more realistic I imagine. It was made mainly for RP purposes, and a cute little ring that lets your teleport to your partner.
    Yeah that ring is a huge perk as i'm always playing with the person i'm "marrying" so to be able to teleport directly to his toon is a huge perk.

Has it got a CD on it? if so how long?

Hey Guys, so as a fairly new player who just hit 50 last night. Just what should I be trying to focus on for trying to get some better gear? I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with all the stuff to do lol. So I've just been cruising along doing what I can. I unlocked Copperbell mines (hard) last night and managed to do that (thankfully the tank and dps were vastly overgeared for the place lol). But I'm sitting at like a 48 item level, so I can't do Halatali (hard) yet. So should I just be doing copperbell/manor a bunch of times? While continuing to do these 50 quests to unlock more stuff?

Just wasn't sure if I'm on the right track, or if there was a much quicker way to go about this that I'm unaware of. Not that I'm in a huge rush to "gear out" or anything. I just hate having this feeling of not knowing.
    Last edited by Lagmonster; 2015-01-18 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Hey Guys, so as a fairly new player who just hit 50 last night. Just what should I be trying to focus on for trying to get some better gear? I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed with all the stuff to do lol. So I've just been cruising along doing what I can. I unlocked Copperbell mines (hard) last night and managed to do that (thankfully the tank and dps were vastly overgeared for the place lol). But I'm sitting at like a 48 item level, so I can't do Halatali (hard) yet. So should I just be doing copperbell/manor a bunch of times? While continuing to do these 50 quests to unlock more stuff?

Just wasn't sure if I'm on the right track, or if there was a much quicker way to go about this that I'm unaware of. Not that I'm in a huge rush to "gear out" or anything. I just hate having this feeling of not knowing.
    Approaching 50 myself while I was at work yesterday I was looking for answers to this very question. Here are my results:

I think some of this is a little outdated as it only mentions 5 turns in Coil, I am pretty sure there are 13 now, but the earlier stuff should still hold true I think?

http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wi...gression_Guide

I also found this which says it is current through 2.3, so also a little outdated but may hold true up to a point as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...edition_based/

Hope this helps some. Does anyone with more experience than me have comments on these links?

10+ Year Old Account

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...0_in_patch_24/

This is what i followed, having reached 50 two weeks ago. It breaks down content by their Ilvl requirements and rewards and if you really want to experience all content available (i really recommend, you'll be missing out on some amazing dungeons if you don't).
    It feels overwhelming indeed, but thats a good thing if you're up to par, it means they release a crap ton of content regularly.
    What i did along with following that guide was , do content by the patch they were in.

Example: Reached 50, did Amdapor Keep, Wanderers Palace, once each, the Hard mode trials and the relic trials (Ifrit HM, Garuda HM, Titan HM, Chimera and Hydra). If you do these once each, you should have accumulated enough tomestones (with first time bonuses) to get at least a couple items with ilvl 100.
    Which should bump your ilvl , high enough to do Patch 2.1 content. Do you see where im going with this? Next up you do Pharao Sirius, Copperbell HM , Haukke Manor HM, start your Beast Tribe dailies, and the main scenario quests that were included in 2.1 , which will also unlock Moogle King trial fight (Thornmarch HM). Again, do each of these once for the tomestone bonuses and you should be able to boost your ilvl and be able to do 2.2 content. Same thing, do 2.2 content to get your ilvl up to 2.3 content, etc etc.

This ensures you do all content, and do minimal "repeats" of the dungeons and trials so it doesn't feel like a grind at all, its a journey with ALOT of new content , fights, quests and dungeons, where by the time you finished 2.4 you should have acquired all ilvl 100 gear + a couple of pieces with Poetic Tomestones that are ilvl 120.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and i suggest you also do the Hildibrand side quests, which are not only hilarious, but also unlock some extra Trial fights (which mean more tomestone first time bonuses).
    I also recommend as a (easy) way to get some extra Tomestones on the side, if you have the time is doing the low level roulette and main scenario roulettes.

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice to you two? Unlock allll the dungeons and get started on CT quest chain...One you get enough gear you can enter ct which will drop ilv 80 gear then there is st thst drops ilv 100 gear.

And yeah ampdapor keep and a few other places should help for now but try to run each one as yiu can that will unlock a daily random dungeon bonus...Also main story quests will help as well. Not sure how useful first relic is still but yeah.

And yeah there is SO much to do it us actually overwhelming fir new players...A very unusual and bith badass and kijda sucky thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I also recommend as a (easy) way to get some extra Tomestones on the side, if you have the time is doing the low level roulette and main scenario roulettes.
    Thanks for the advice and links everyone, It really helps out. But yeah I just noticed the roulettes giving those rewards out earlier. Helped me get enough to pick up a set of earrings (replaced my lvl 39 ones, just really wish my market board wasn't charging out the ass for everything)

1.Go to Hystmill in the North shroud and pick up your relic reborn quest.
    2.Go to Revenants Toll, Waking sands and get the quests to unlock the Hardmodes and Primals.
    3.Do the CT tower questline.
    4.Run dungeons to get philosophy and poetic tomes to buy gear- as soon as you have the ilvl and you finish the quest to enter spam crystal tower, they removed the loot lockout so you can spam it on a sunday afternoon and gear up all the pieces and get some sand and oil to upgrade the vendor ironworks gear thats better than that even further.

Thats the easiest way to boost up fast. Then when you have the gear for some more reckless stuff start the beastman tribes, journeying into the higher level primal fights and the binding coil of bahamuts first few turns, good raid experience and another easy way to get raid level gear now. Also stuff like the hunt if thats your thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    1.Go to Hystmill in the North shroud and pick up your relic reborn quest.
    2.Go to Revenants Toll, Waking sands and get the quests to unlock the Hardmodes and Primals.
    3.Do the CT tower questline.
    4.Run dungeons to get philosophy and poetic tomes to buy gear- as soon as you have the ilvl and you finish the quest to enter spam crystal tower, they removed the loot lockout so you can spam it on a sunday afternoon and gear up all the pieces and get some sand and oil to upgrade the vendor ironworks gear thats better than that even further.

Thats the easiest way to boost up fast. Then when you have the gear for some more reckless stuff start the beastman tribes, journeying into the higher level primal fights and the binding coil of bahamuts first few turns, good raid experience and another easy way to get raid level gear now. Also stuff like the hunt if thats your thing.
    Not hyrstmill for them man...Remmeber the same guy who gives us areas like AV around vesper bay gives it the first time AFTER the first one it starts in hyrstmill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envy-DathRemar View Post
    Yeah that ring is a huge perk as i'm always playing with the person i'm "marrying" so to be able to teleport directly to his toon is a huge perk.

Has it got a CD on it? if so how long?
    CD is 30 minutes and it is very useful.
    Has a faster cast time than any teleport including dezone/return. You have little pink hearts floating when you teleport, it's very cute. You also kiss the ring and raise your left hand (where your ring is at generally) at the end of the teleport.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2015-01-18 at 08:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait for tuesday my lalafell linkshell is gonna do an all lala WoD run

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    CD is 30 minutes and it is very useful.
    Has a faster cast time than any teleport including dezone/return. You have little pink hearts floating when you teleport, it's very cute. You also kiss the ring and raise your left hand (where your ring is at generally) at the end of the teleport.
    Oh dear that sounds rather cheesy. 30min is good. I was thinking itd be stupid like a few hours