Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Lol... dat Summoner stuff... it's kinda cool. The 2.7k/3k non crit was at level 60 ? have to compare it to Flare. Is it an aoe ability ? I don't know Ahk Morn.
    Ahk Morn is an ability used by the boss of final coil : IE, Bahamut himself that does roughly 2000 damage to the main tank and anyone in front of him, not bad on its own right? Well it has a .5 second recast timer and he spams it, which can drop even an Ilvl 130 tank in seconds.

In otherwords, it's a healer check because they need to be the one keeping them alive through it.

Also, to compare, my black mage right now hits for normal flares of about 1600 but I'm not max geared, either way it's a huge spike.

Wonder if it'll work on pets...
    If it does, that would be incredible synergy with the Scholar's new sacrifice ability.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2015-05-26 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nara Numas View Post
    Ahk Morn is an ability used by the boss of final coil : IE, Bahamut himself that does roughly 2000 damage to the main tank and anyone in front of him, not bad on its own right? Well it has a .5 second recast timer and he spams it, which can drop even an Ilvl 130 tank in seconds.

In otherwords, it's a healer check because they need to be the one keeping them alive through it.

If it does, that would be incredible synergy with the Scholar's new sacrifice ability.
    Thanks for the info. It'll sure help SMN for trash/burst.

Yeah, I had that new SCH ability in mind. But i think it's too good to be true... it would make the SCH/DRK combo so strong :x

Homophobia is so gay.

A google docs from a redditor who's captured as much info floating around as he can.

Contains references to all new abilities over all of the new classes, I can't copy/paste it due to being a G-doc, but it has a lot of pertinent information.

Keep an eye on it, it's going to be updating all night as information continues to flow.

I love you Nara <3

- - - Updated - - -

God those MNK and SMN changes... wtf.

I feel like NIN got kinda... screwed tho :/

- - - Updated - - -

Oh there is a stream going on with screen and stuff... can't look at it atm T_T i hope someone is gonna post the screen somewhere QQ

Homophobia is so gay.

Excited for those Monk changes. Love that class. Not too sure about the Bard ones though.

Oh there is a stream going on with screen and stuff... can't look at it atm T_T i hope someone is gonna post the screen somewhere QQ
    The person who made that google doc I linked previous is watching the stream and uploading the doc as he talks more about specific abilities

Meh... no new traits... kinda sad but oh well.

I got a bad feeling about those lower potencies for the AST tho... Their other spells really have to make a difference otherwise there's no point in bringing them in.

Homophobia is so gay.

According to an interview in French, PS3 support for FFXIV is going to end at 4.0 (IE, the expansion after Heavensward)

Assuming that'll be two more years, PS3 will probably be most;y irrelevant and have no releases, but if not I can see this hurting a lot of players.

Hope you like PC/PS4

Wow, lots of interesting info today.

Machinist is giving me a strong FF Tactics vibe, especially the reload/munitions mechanic.

AST also looks great! But no changing stances mid combat? What...

Dark Knight is nice thematically (spell effects are really cool) but overall I've already played that before as a Death Knight from what it reads on paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Players will be required to unlock flight throughout a zone by attuning to an area, via an Aetheryte “Wind” Crystal. It’s permanent once this has been done, however. All Heavensward areas will allow players to fly, while A Realm Reborn zones are currently off limits. The developers are toying with the idea of introducing it there in the future.
    Looks like SE's approach with pandora's box is to simply require the player to finish off an entire area/it's relevant content before they can fly there, thus they won't be skipping much content because they've done it all in that zone. Still doesn't answer the air-drop commando style gameplay we usually see with flying mounts; if your going to say a hunt you simply just fly over everything straight to the mob, dismount, kill, fly away, unless I've missed something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love you Nara <3

- - - Updated - - -

God those MNK and SMN changes... wtf.

I feel like NIN got kinda... screwed tho :/

- - - Updated - - -

Those MNK changes are badass and seem to change the rotation up hardcore! Loving it! Especially love Elixer Drive!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/07...93c695234.html

Item Level 170 seems to be the target for level 60 at the start.
    Normal Mode Alexander is going to have the weekly loot lockout it seems.

Too lazy to translate everything. Most if it already is known... maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait, I think I missed something in those notes........DPS stance for Warrior????? Whelp, finishing that job up here soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Wait wait wait, I think I missed something in those notes........DPS stance for Warrior????? Whelp, finishing that job up here soon!
    I don't want to dampen your excitement, but just to keep things in perspective: That means at the level of tank DPS. As in, the same as Sword Oath Paladin. That doesn't mean completely negligible damage, but it means something much lower than a Damage Dealer. I think it's still a fantastic thing because even if non-Defiance Warrior is extremely close to Sword Oath Paladin in DPS currently, it just feels really lame to have to cut out your entire Job. So even if it'll be tuned to be the same as Sword Oath Paladin, it'll FEEL a lot better. Also, I hope they use the word Abaddon for the buff stacks. Abandon, although it technically makes sense, just sounds stupid.
    Last edited by Senka; 2015-05-27 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realized that earlier (just didn't want to correct it, let the shame happen sometimes I say!) when I read a few things in the FFXIV tank roles thread. I do appreciate the explanation regardless. I'll be sticking with my MNK in the end however as they're getting some exciting changes.

The PS3 support being dropped is nothing really new and surprising imo... And I'm glad they're gonna drop it. Too many restrictions because of it.

MCH/DRK/AST look really fun to play. The fact that AST can't change stance during combat is somewhat weird but it is to prevent the AST to be too versatile and mandatory. I mean, who would pass on an healer that can change stance mid combat to accomodate the fight.

Some good new infos there : http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/125...vent-5-18-5-21

Homophobia is so gay.

I'm super, ultra excited about the Astrologian. The description makes it sound like my most ideal class in any RPG. Stars, cards, and healing - sign me up!

So I'm going to be coming back to the game next week after a long hiatus, and I recall my character was only level 40 or so... how hard is it to get money? I know they've added a lot of stuff since I've been gone, like housing, which I no doubt cannot afford. I also noticed they're adding flying mounts, so I'm not sure if I should preorder the collector's edition for the extra $20 just to get the griffin. I have the extra cash, so I'm not concerned about that - I'm a little worried it will take me forever to get one with gil otherwise... or is that silly of me?

Deleted
    Anyone else's server have no available houses to buy? Every. Single. House has been bought and I'm worried I'll never be able to own one unless I server transfer :/

Ragnarok EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    I'm super, ultra excited about the Astrologian. The description makes it sound like my most ideal class in any RPG. Stars, cards, and healing - sign me up!

So I'm going to be coming back to the game next week after a long hiatus, and I recall my character was only level 40 or so... how hard is it to get money? I know they've added a lot of stuff since I've been gone, like housing, which I no doubt cannot afford. I also noticed they're adding flying mounts, so I'm not sure if I should preorder the collector's edition for the extra $20 just to get the griffin. I have the extra cash, so I'm not concerned about that - I'm a little worried it will take me forever to get one with gil otherwise... or is that silly of me?
    Don't be stressed about the gil. Besides i think you actually get a mount for finishing the heavensward story (need some confirmation of this) and I think they where turning the company chocobo's in to flying mounts as well. but the most important thing atm is if you want to get prepared is to get your story line finished asap! Because atm its an requirement to be even be able to step foot in the new areas. I stopped playing at 40 as well after 2 weeks of casual mode play (2-3 hours a evening) I am still working om my story quests (main blockade is the ilv requirements for some of the story related dungeon/trails) so keep that in mind.

because there are a lot post 50 story quests as well XD

Yep do your story quests people and try not to unsub doing it (some of those quests are just so stupid and worthless but it's a japanese and FF game so it comes with the package).

Homophobia is so gay.