Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm still working on my goal of everything to 80...it's uh...quite a journey...
    I hit that a couple months ago, leveling 1-2 jobs each time a new big patch came out. It was a journey, that's for sure.

The biggest struggle for me on each of them was 70-71 because after that you can do Trusts or otherwise have the ShB dungeons and Bozja/Zadnor available.

Took me ~3 days of casual play (~2-4 hours each day) to go from 71-80 just focusing on that, doing a combination of Roulettes, Trusts, Beast Tribe (Fae), and Bozja. Could have likely done it faster if I really focused on that, but blech...I hate grinding. But I'll do it on Reaper when Endwalker comes out so I can level through the MSQ with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I wonder if endwalker brings viera hats anytime in future, the devs didn't quite denied the possibility of having hats for vieras. While viera will still remain a goddess regardless hat or no, I would love to have a hat since I will also be rolling a boy alt as well.
    And also the other added hairstyles, specifically Rainmaker and the Lightning hair style from the XIII cross over event. Hats would be cool, too of course, but I don't mind it nearly as much as I want to use the hairstyles I earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I hit that a couple months ago, leveling 1-2 jobs each time a new big patch came out. It was a journey, that's for sure.

The biggest struggle for me on each of them was 70-71 because after that you can do Trusts or otherwise have the ShB dungeons and Bozja/Zadnor available.

Took me ~3 days of casual play (~2-4 hours each day) to go from 71-80 just focusing on that, doing a combination of Roulettes, Trusts, Beast Tribe (Fae), and Bozja. Could have likely done it faster if I really focused on that, but blech...I hate grinding. But I'll do it on Reaper when Endwalker comes out so I can level through the MSQ with it.

- - - Updated - - -

And also the other added hairstyles, specifically Rainmaker and the Lightning hair style from the XIII cross over event. Hats would be cool, too of course, but I don't mind it nearly as much as I want to use the hairstyles I earned.
    That's good news. I also saw the prieview by Zepla recently, she's also getting invited to media tour later this month, so more news are coming. Definetly hyped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Lol Sage's rotation is marginally more interesting than White Mage's. Like White Mage, you'll place a DoT on your target and then pretty much just spam either your single target damage spell or your AoE spell. Only difference is that you mark the tank to heal them over time as you do damage, and you have a gauge that builds up a resource over time that you can use to occasionally use a damage CD. You have 20 different healing spells you'll never use outside of endgame raid content.
    So basically healers stay the same... okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    So basically healers stay the same... okay.
    Well, I wont be playing Glaremage anymore. I will play: Glare-III-Mage

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man the DRK changes don't look all that great if they're legit.

I'm sure most tanks play like this, but currently delirium and blood weapon are abilities that last both 10 seconds, both of which require you to always press them as your second oGCD. If you don't have enough skill speed or you don't press them as your second oGCD, you basically will only get 4 uses of the ability instead of 5. If those changes are true, delirium has been moved to a 60 second CD instead of 90, but has charges over a 30 second duration instead of a 10 second buff. Personally I think this is a pretty solid change because the DRK rotation (and a lot of classes in FF14) feel incredibly frantic or busy on openers, and fairly slow after that.

It's curious that they changed delirium completely, but didn't change blood weapon at all. I'd assume they either overlooked it, or just want them to be different. If blood weapon was changed to behave like the new delirium however, it would devalue skill speed to the point that I don't think DRK would want it on any piece of gear ever. Perhaps that's why they didn't want to change both, but regardless, the delirium change alone makes skill speed a little bit less impactful (unless I'm missing something).

The new abilities are whatever to me honestly (from a DRK perspective). Not a big fan of oblation, especially considering we already have TBN as something we can use on ourselves or target party members with. Shadowbringer sounds cool, but it's basically just a stronger carve and spit with charges that does AoE damage, which begs the question, why even have carve and spit?

I realize that some people like different things, but to me some of the new expansion buttons (at least for some of the jobs I play) just feel like bloat. It just feels like even more oGCD abilities being added to weave into an already hectic opener. FF14 combat to me isn't my favorite, and I think part of that is how frantic it feels for the first ~10-15 seconds, followed by virtually nothing for the next 45 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Well, I wont be playing Glaremage anymore. I will play: Glare-III-Mage
    Oh yeah, baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they definitely don't know wtf to do with Dark Knight. 3 of their traits are completely pointless. 2 buff your shadow (why couldn't that just be 1 trait?) and 1 buffs fucking Unmend of all things. I definitely think the job is in need of a rework, because it feels like welfare Warrior with more OGCDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's that way for a lot of jobs.

They have strong job "fantasy" concepts in mind - well, drawn from the Final Fantasy setting generally - but when it comes to the gameplay design it seems like they have just a small handful of archetypes and every job has to be stuffed into one of them.

It doesn't help that they intentionally design around the "divisible by 30" cooldown window concept.
    Not to this degree. GNB for instance is staying pretty similar, but it's getting a few new changes that will shake up it's overall rotation. It didn't need any major changes because it was already in a solid place. Dark Knight on the other hand is getting 2 abilities that don't actually change the way it thinks about it's rotation at all other than hitting a few more buttons in the opener. It doesn't help that people have criticized it for not having a distinct vision and the Unmend trait kinda proves that point.

The tank role may be homogenized, but WAR, PLD, and GNB do feel distinct from each other. The dps jobs also feel distinct as well. The only jobs I'd say are too homogenized are the healers as Sage has like 80% the same kit as Scholar. White Mage and Astro do seem a little more distinct in Endwalker though.

SGE is overpowered based on the tooltips (and general mechanics), which is unlikely to be fixed before the first savage tier, so everyone is going to be SGE/AST.

SE is horribly opaque when it comes to game development. All of this could be on a PTR right now for people to test out (not just creators and journalists, who are all being given gifts for some reason) and get feedback/iterate on, and instead it's going to be crunch mode to get every issue fixed within a month, which will be an utter failure, causing a meta to form that's going to persist for the next year in the mentality of the playerbase.

For a company that's homogenized so much to try and seek extreme balance, this is a Blizzard/Hazzikostas level move.

All this doom and gloom just from leaked tooltips. Please cry harder it's amusing.

Every expansion, same shit. People complain about OP and underpowered jobs 24/7 in a game where the differences are insanely minimal. I remember when people were trashing DRK for being the worst tank (which yeah comparatively it was) and the first UCOB kill had a DRK in the group.... We have never had a case of a job being disgustingly overpowered to the point where it completely overshadows other jobs minus WHM at the start of ShB.

Do some jobs need more work? Absolutely! But honestly people are making this a way bigger fuss than it should be.

That being said I kind of agree that DRK lacks direction but I dont think the DRK version that everyone overglorifies (aka HW DRK) is the absolute way to go.
    I talk with friends about it all the time and they keep mentioning the dot and dark arts and honestly as someone who mained DRK for all of HW, I cannot say that the addition of one dot and pressing dark arts as an OGCD all the time added substantial depth to the rotation.

I just feel like more classes need that "evolution" treatment that PLD is getting for example where with every expansion the class felt like it was evolving and growing off its base kit. We started with a 1,2,3 spam class, we got an extra combo with a dot and a dps combo, then we got a magical rotation to fill in the huge gap of no buffs in the rotation, then we got a finisher to the magic rotation and now we re getting an evolution of the finisher plus a finalization of the "holy knight" theme. It all feels logical and nice and I wish other classes got a similar treatment. It looks like PLD will break the poster boy curse from the previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    All this doom and gloom just from leaked tooltips. Please cry harder it's amusing.
    How much gil do you want to bet that SGE will be overpowered and in every single prog group?

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Every expansion, same shit. People complain about OP and underpowered jobs 24/7 in a game where the differences are insanely minimal.
    They aren't minimal until SE makes changes, but those issues persist in PF for long after the issues are resolved. They reworked and homogenized in order to achieve this balance. Back in HW and ARR there was nothing even remotely approaching balance in this game. These are development problems that should be fixed before release, not after. This is Blizzard-style development.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestNoob View Post
    How much gil do you want to bet that SGE will be overpowered and in every single prog group?
    All my gil on Primal.

The players are going to play the classes they want to play. Scholar is going to show up. And I don't know what pfs you looks at I've never seen a healer or tank be denied. So quit the doom and gloom act.

I don't know why you think it's "doom and gloom" to say that one job might be preferred. It's pretty common, people to this day still carry around the impression that they need GNB in their groups because "moar DPS!"
    Those are the same people that would deny classes from a simple +15 in WoW though and no amount of balancing will fix this mentality. Looking at top tank parses and dmg potential they are all insanely close right now and have been since the start of the expansion.
    What defined a tank as "shit" in those players eyes was a 300-400 dps margin and an invuln cooldown being less convenient than another one.

Every expansion, same shit. People complain about OP and underpowered jobs 24/7 in a game where the differences are insanely minimal. I remember when people were trashing DRK for being the worst tank (which yeah comparatively it was) and the first UCOB kill had a DRK in the group.... We have never had a case of a job being disgustingly overpowered to the point where it completely overshadows other jobs minus WHM at the start of ShB.
    And don't forget the whole reasoning why they had a DRK in that kill. Simply because the player just had fun with it. Not because of a cheese strat or something, just "i liked it".
    When your world firsts can be cleared with that reasoning, balance is definitely on the better side.
    But man... people that are not world first clearing stuff really need to stop with the "class x is unplayable!" when they can improve their personal DPS by like 40% or more by just actually understanding the class, rather than going "what do the best players play?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    First time in a forum shortly before an expansion release?
    We have this dance every 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    First time in a forum shortly before an expansion release?
    We have this dance every 2 years.
    might be a bit worse this time with a lot of wow mentality being poured into the game.

Oh for the love of....

This whole, "WoW is at fault for anything bad now." nonsense is just obnoxious.
    It is true though. Theres toxicity aplenty here as well but the class exclusion thing was barely ever an issue in the past even at the pro raiding scene.

might be a bit worse this time with a lot of wow mentality being poured into the game.
    It's not specifically "wow mentality" it's just how people on the internet have "evolved".
    Basically any game these days that is popular or pvp has this "elitist" mentality where doing 10001 instead of 10000 dmg is "absolutely broken" and people that do 9999 dmg instead aren't being let into any group and are "super bad"

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the most recent WoW refugees have not been playing long enough for them to make a massive impact on the community in the late game. I've also noticed that a lot of WoW refugees have not really brought their "go go go" mentalities into FF14. If anything, it might be a response to long time FF14 players being impatient with the newer WoW refugees who are getting used to the game.