View Poll Results: Who gets more ladies? Nice guys or jerks?

Voters
609. This poll is closed
  • Nice guys

143 23.48%
  • Assholes

466 76.52%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Judging by the bangin' hottie living beneath me with her Fred Durst douche of a boyfriend and how many times I've seen this trend, I'm voting assholes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    No.

One is an obese man wearing nothing but underwear messing with a computer.

The other one is likely a model taken with a good camera and perfect lighting.

We know nothing about their personality and mannerisms so cannot assume who is a bad or nice guy.
    well who's gonna get laid tonight of those two?
    we all know the answer. doesn't matter if the second guy is an asshole or Prince Noble himself, and at the same time doesn't matter if the first guy is an asshole or Prince Noble himself either, which was kinda my point.

Since when getting more girls is "good" ?
    Just get the best that you can and stick to her. You will get more sex than someone who is trying to score every night with a different girl, and you will spend less money and effort doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledevil View Post
    pss - If you are on this forum, you are a geek. Thus, please do not mistake of dating a girl who is not also a geek. Why, you may ask? Ask the guy who murdered his wife after she destroyed his collection of Star Wars memorabilia that he had been collecting since his childhood. Find a girl who values, or at least respects, the things you enjoy doing - not one who will want to change you.
    The game is played by over 10 million people.
    Nice stereotyping...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-11-06 at 09:29 AM.

Whichever of the two has more confidence. Quoted from Heartiste (who plays WoW on occasion)

"No matter what your station in life, stride through the world without apology or excuse. It does not matter if objectively you are not the best man a woman can get; what matters is that you think and act like you are. Women have a dog’s instinct for uncovering weakness in men; don’t make it easy for them. Self-confidence, warranted or not, triggers submissive emotional responses in women. Irrational self-confidence will get you more pussy than rational defeatism."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Since when getting more girls is "good" ?
    Just get the best that you can and stick to her. You will get more sex than someone who is trying to score every night with a different girl, and you will spend less money and effort doing it.
    let me rewrite what you just typed:
    "I am not a player".

Deleted
    I dont know why guys are so strickly seperated into two groups while most can posses different personalities. Depending on the situation one can be a nice a guy or a jerk.

If you find a girl you really like just be a sarcastic little asshole to her to get her to start liking you. Then gradually become nicer and nicer of a guy and she will think that she has "changed" you and let the long term relationship begin if that's what you're looking for. Works for me every time.

But if countless one night stands are what you're looking for, all being a nice guy is going to get you is into the friend zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Good guys get ladies.

Jerks get bitches.

Protip: There are far more bitches than there are ladies.
    Pretty much this. If a girl likes a jerk, I wonder if she'd be worth dating.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    let me rewrite what you just typed:
    "I am not a player".
    It might seem weird to you but... I don't need to be one.

and who are u to judge who is a jerk or a "nice guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    well who's gonna get laid tonight of those two?
    we all know the answer. doesn't matter if the second guy is an asshole or Prince Noble himself, and at the same time doesn't matter if the first guy is an asshole or Prince Noble himself either, which was kinda my point.
    If the second guy is really shy, he's not going to get tons of girls just because he looks good. Don't dream.

Yes, looks help, but when you go out, there are usually many good-looking people, so it's a moot point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyJones View Post
    Obviously, the jerk/asshole will be in more failed relationships. So they "get more ladies".

But the nice guys tend to get to keep them.
    You really think the insensitive, smooth talker wants a long lasting, invasive relationship built on trust and dedication? Of course the hell not. So how exactly are the one night stands or adding a booty call to the contacts list considered "failed" anything?

Applicable women are no different in this scenario. If she's looking for husband material, someone to raise a family and buy a house with, she's not going to go with the asshole. Believe it or not, sometimes woman just want someone who's going to be able to protect them and show them a good time while they're still young enough to enjoy it and vice versa. You can have a fight with an asshole guy and just not call him for a week or so after. The "Nice" guy would be at their house, knocking on the door asking if everything was OK, blowing their phone up. It gets a little annoying when all you want is a good time and your "other" wont shut up about how worried about you they are.

Fact is, if more dudes were more dedicated and concerned to giving women absolute fun, rather than trying to run around looking for someone to fall in love with, there would be no asshole-only scenario. However, at the moment, it's extremely rare to find a guy who's gunna absolutely rock your world AND end up being someone you can see having a family with. Not to mention the internet-dwellers are spreading like the plague these days. So many dudes have NOTHING INTERESTING going on in their lives to talk about lately. You think they'd want to change that.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    If the second guy is really shy, he's not going to get tons of girls just because he looks good. Don't dream.

Yes, looks help, but when you go out, there are usually many good-looking people, so it's a moot point.
    He is going to get more girls than th first guy even if he is in a coma and can't talk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post

feel free to set up scenarios that help you believe even fat guys with no physical attraction stand a chance in today's one night stand clubbing, really feel free to.
    I think my point was fairly obvious, one night stands i.e quantity over quality if you so will is per usual a physical attraction type of thing.

my point is not that quantity is better than quality nor that physically unattractive people shouldn't get laid (but then again, if they can actually hit the gym now and then all the better), my point is merely that being physically attractive is one of the main factors when you're going for one night stands, not "being a nice guy" or "being an asshole", that really doesn't matter when you're looking for a relationship that is going to last four hours.

i.e:
    nice guys and assholes get the same amount of girls, but assholes usually pair up with other assholes for longer relationships, as someone so nicely stated before.
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-11-06 at 09:41 AM.

Deleted
    Depends on the girl. Girls who are assholes themselves like assholes as their boyfriends, and nice girls prefer nice guys as their boyfriends. Sorry for the swearing. If you are wondering what kind of a guy you should be to attract girls, think what kind of girls you want to attract first.

Also, good looks and the capability of having fun aren't the privilege of naughty guys.
    Last edited by mmoc060f1486cb; 2011-11-06 at 09:51 AM.

The "nice guy" myth comes from Holywood and shouldn't be trusted.
    A friend of mine is more a "nice guy" than an "asshole" and he gets a lot of girls without even trying.
    How so ? He is really tall, sports player, a few gold medals, has money... Should I go on ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The "nice guy" myth comes from Holywood and shouldn't be trusted.
    A friend of mine is more a "nice guy" than an "a gets sshole" and he gets a lot of girls without even trying.
    How so ? He is really tall, sports player, a few gold medals, has money... Should I go on ?
    "Nice guys" don't brag so much with one-night-stands either.

Deleted
    Jerks tend to be more confident, it's a big part of why they are jerks, so they hit on more ladies and, by odds, probably get lucky more often.

Nice doesn't always equate to being shy too, but quite often it can, so less hitting on people probably means less lucky hits, ergo less ladies. Just my two coppers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Severusss View Post
    If you find a girl you really like just be a sarcastic little asshole to her to get her to start liking you. Then gradually become nicer and nicer of a guy and she will think that she has "changed" you and let the long term relationship begin if that's what you're looking for. Works for me every time.

But if countless one night stands are what you're looking for, all being a nice guy is going to get you is into the friend zone.
    Grrrr

Voted for jerks,they get more ladies

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'nice guy' always gets the girl, she only meets the 'asshole' later on and it's up the her if she wants to deal with it. Strangely, most do just deal with it and it's just kind of how some (usually really bad) relationships evolve.