Okay I'm seriously leaving now.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I suggest you go take a look at the builds in the computer build help subforum here in the thread "Marest's Sample Build Thread."
    I wasn't aware that the finest models we had in stock were so shitty!

Since you guys are geniuses, what are your thoughts on this monitor?

I'm mostly looking at the resolution and the quality; Is there something else I should look at when considering gaming? Refresh rate maybe? Heat or burn-in?

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 05:51 PM ----------

LOL nvm just read the reviews. Any suggestions on a 1920x1080 monitor?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    I wasn't aware that the finest models we had in stock were so shitty!

Since you guys are geniuses, what are your thoughts on this monitor?

I'm mostly looking at the resolution and the quality; Is there something else I should look at when considering gaming? Refresh rate maybe? Heat or burn-in?
    It's slow for a TN-panel. The size might be right for you, but too small for me. Only VGA(?). Don't buy a new computer today with only VGA

I'm not sure how much 124.95 is for a monitor in the US, but, eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    It's slow for a TN-panel. The size might be right for you, but too small for me. Only VGA(?). Don't buy a new computer today with only VGA

I'm not sure how much 124.95 is for a monitor in the US, but, eh.
    Cool, cool. I'm totally open to suggestions here, I have months before I can afford any of this. Just looking at the potential. I've been using a 15 inch Laptop for about 2 years now, and it sucks to raid on something so small; Don't even get me started with the framerate.

I would like to keep my entire budget around or below 1K. That's Canadian dollars, too.

---------- Post added 2011-11-07 at 06:00 PM ----------

I saw something earlier about newegg pre built rigs, going to go take a look. LF Computer + Monitor, > $1K Canadian.
    [/url]

If it's potential, much can change in a few months time. :]
    The latter build is pretty good by todays standard.

However, I suggest you to use like, Ibuypower or cyberpc. I don't know where in the NA they ship, but still. I'm on the Euroside here.
    You should be able to build a more gaming-esque computer, with cooling that's good enough without blowing your ears away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I suggest you to use like, Ibuypower or cyberpc. You should be able to build a more gaming-esque computer, with cooling that's good enough without blowing your ears away.
    I'll take a look at both.

Thanks to everyone here for your time and patience!
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    I'll take a look at both.

Thanks to everyone here for your time and patience!
    When I say build, I mean configure there, rather. They still build it for you. :]

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've made my way to this and the options confuse someone who doesn't exactly know what specific motherboard, processor, RAM, fans or power supply to use. Several things were already selected as I browsed the options, but how will I know if they're compatible? How will I know if I'm building something that I'll have to gut and replace a month later due to conflicting hardware that I chose?

I really want to do this on my own, but I feel like it would be foolish to venture into this semi-familiar territory without a guide. I'm not asking someone to configure a setup for me, but to simply point me in the right direction. I'll also check out some of the sub-forums to see if I can find some answers.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently built my own computer, and if you want to learn how to do it, Newegg has a great video tutorial on how to build your own computer. As for the build, there are plenty of builds posted on this site(the monthly builds are a good place to start). Once you have decided on what parts you want, then you can post it in the build discussion part of this forum, so that other users can comment on your build to make improvements. That being said, you should have no problem building a decent gaming rig for that amount of money, especially if you can wait for the prices of HDDs to drop back down in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    I recently built my own computer, and if you want to learn how to do it, Newegg has a great video tutorial on how to build your own computer. As for the build, there are plenty of builds posted on this site(the monthly builds are a good place to start). Once you have decided on what parts you want, then you can post it in the build discussion part of this forum, so that other users can comment on your build to make improvements. That being said, you should have no problem building a decent gaming rig for that amount of money, especially if you can wait for the prices of HDDs to drop back down in price.
    I"ll keep that in mind. Thanks!
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the 6850 and I love it. I run all of my games on max settings no problem. Haven't had a problem with it yet.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're waiting a few months, you might be able to get some killer deals around Christmas, or if it's even longer, the spawning Ivybridge might chop prices down on Sandybridge computers by a bit.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water