Windows 7 "God Mode"

I only recently found this, but it's incredibly useful.

Create a new Folder anywhere you want (you can create shortcuts to it later, if you want, or just put it on your desktop).

Paste the following as the folder name: God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

The "God Mode" name can be anything you want, but it must be followed by the full-stop/period.

Source: http://www.techspot.com/guides/236-windows-god-mode/
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

You forgot to mention what God Mode is.

"God Mode" simply provides users with a centralized Control Panel for all of Windows' settings, from changing your desktop background to setting up a VPN or partitioning your hard drive. In all, there are nearly 50 categories and most have several entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Litesung View Post
    You forgot to mention what God Mode is.
    Because I linked to the article.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    I just want to mention that if you are using Windows Vista; do NOT do this.

That's just all of the control panel options.

So what can you do while in "god mode"? The stuff shown in the article's screenshot doesn't look very "godly" (change screen saver wooot!)
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    So what can you do while in "god mode"? The stuff shown in the article's screenshot doesn't look very "godly" (change screen saver wooot!)
    It was named god mode amongst box shifters and admins because it gave access to just about every important configuration setting within Windows. When building an image or plugging a pc into a network it was a link created on the desktop to make things a lot easier and quicker.

It's a handy feature but it will likely be of little benefit to the average home user given they might visit one or two of the options available a couple of times during their windows installations lifetime.

But when you do need it, it is very useful.

it appears to just be a centralized folder with all the different options to change anything on your computer in it. I guess it's kinda useful, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's godmode or anything. oh well, thanks for sharing .

very cool!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willing View Post
    it appears to just be a centralized folder with all the different options to change anything on your computer in it.
    Note that all the ones in 'god mode' can be found by simply searching for them as well in the Start Menu. Group Policy settings have far more power.

This is effectively what corporations use in order to play "god" over the basic employees; locking them into backgrounds, shutting down access to various settings, permanently disallowing Windows from automatically restarting after a Windows Update, forcing QOS settings (choking bandwidth, assigning packet priority, etc) - list goes on.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It is a nice find. This was posted in a Maximum PC article back in Q4 2009 I want to say. Pretty cool trick you can do with friends and family to show them your superior computer smarts.

Deleted
    MS actually announced that it's not supposed to be used by users, but I do it anyway, as it's WAY easier to find stuff in then Control panel