Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes me laugh when people say the sub losses are due to the game being "too easy" or "for casuals".

WOTLK had the must subscribers in Wow's history, and it was "too easy" and "for casuals".
    You all QQ'd and Blizzard made Cata harder, and 2 million people left...

No king rules forever. Blizzard themself knows this too. What's interesting is if WoW won't dominate this genre anymore then what will take WoW's place. For me I think there won't be any MMOs that will dominate like WoW even Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    off topic but is there even enough lore left to make warcraft 4? almost every important "evil" character has been killed, banished or whatever
    I am not sure because all cool characters from the previous Warcraft games are dead now! It´s an interesting question but I believe that only time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Still need to lose 9 million more before I start worrying, because then wow only have twice as much subs as the second best mmo
    1.7 million is worrying even if it's not worrying you.
    League of Legends is not an MMO but a game that steals players from WoW and it has 15 million players !
    There are a lot of games out there stealing players from WoW and the worst competition for Blizzard hasn't even come yet: SWTOR, Guild Wars 2 and Valve: DoTA2.

People qqing about people talking about wow being dead out number the wow being dead people like 10:1

whatever you think, players are getting burned out and the game is showing its age. I play on two different servers and both have been slowly dieing over this year, people might still have subs but lots of people are playing less and less. Even the trade chat trolls have all but disappeared on my servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It makes me laugh when people say the sub losses are due to the game being "too easy" or "for casuals".

WOTLK had the must subscribers in Wow's history, and it was "too easy" and "for casuals".
    You all QQ'd and Blizzard made Cata harder, and 2 million people left...
    Golden words. Wrath was the most casual WoW and 3.3 was the most casual of the content patches up to the... well probably upcoming 4.3.
    I can understand those who cry that the game must be hard, but cmon you have your heroic modes that most of the people cant even get in, BECAUSE they don't have, don't want to join or don't care about guilds. If a player who has been playing for lets say a month at level 85 cant do normal raids then there is a problem he misses the key part of the game. If he cannot see or at least try a part of the game he is going to get bored and just leave. That what Cata did, first tier of raids were like a brick wall for non hardcore of guildless raiders... Normal tier of raids should be as accessible as ICC 10 man was, give a player just a glimpse of it and he will keep trying to finish it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Rather than just jumping on whatever bandwagon of hyperbole that everyone else seems to be riding I thought I might try to share some thoughts from my own guild.

We have been raiding since the start of raiding, and while many have joined and left from and to other guilds, the core of our guild has always remained more or less intact, just slowly evolving over time.

However recently more and more of the older and more experienced players have backed down, not necessarily unsubbed but not raiding as much or at all. We have a large contingent that only log on to raid and with raids effectively being over (6/7 HC, not really bothering to even try rag so just one farm raid a week) that is getting less and less.

Was Cata a 'short' expansion, were certain changes (raid lockouts etc) annoying? Sure, but I think it is a much more general, vague sense of where the game is going compared to where it has come from that is spoiling it for the majority. The removal of talents (because people can make bad choices), the raiding-for-everyone ideas, LFR tool etc create an environment where everyone's six year old sister is expected to raid and so those who thought it was something worth striving for are now a little less motivated to do so.

I see so many comments that it is the "800k clueless" that are leaving. I am 99.999% sure that (other than the Chinese) it is the longest serving, wisest that are leaving, and all the recent new comers are just wondering what all the fuss is about. It certainly is the case among the 200 people I know and that is what worries me most.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    WoW did fine in classic with 5 million subs and in TBC with 8 million.

Yes, it will most likely drop even below 10 million again..and below 7...and even below 3 million one day. That is just how it goes with every game. Eventually people stop playing them and turn to something other.

7th anniversary folks. What other game had 10 million people playing it still after 7 years?
    starcraft

for sure

Deleted
    To be honest, i don't think the loss of subs is because of failing content or so.
    It is just a natural process. The Game has been released early 2005. It is just getting old.
    I'm curios about the sub number when 4.3 and then when swtor hits the shops. I think WoW will get some more subs with 4.3 but will loose about the same amount with swtor. And yes when D3 is out there will be another sub loss.

MoP will definatly bring back some people and say it is only for ganking them stupid pandas.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 08:37 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Twuz View Post
    starcraft

for sure
    Starcraft 1 still have many people playing it but no way near 10 million like WoW.

Deleted
    "ohh noes, wow is dead!"

guys n girls, in 2 days we would have 11.11.11 !!!

don't you have to go somewhere else to preach that "this is the end of the world!"...or something?

over my 5 years of playing wow there have been so many rumors spreading around about wow dying that it's not even funny any longer.

guess what none of them proved to be true.
    Last edited by WingsofLiberty; 2011-11-09 at 08:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    From what I can tell, all the terrible players still play the game, still getting loot handed out to them on a silver platter, crying for more epics to be handed to the on a vendor sitting in Orgrimmar so they don't actually have to leave the city.
    And I found a new experience, it used to be good guilds occasionally unlucky with few players joining as boosted scrubs and leaving after they get achivements. Now it's boosted scrubs starting guilds grabbing members and when they get achivement (or have people lvl their guild) and then kick their members out. Many of the people in the good ol guilds quit the game, and left are boosted scrubs in all shapes and forms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I don't think people bad enough at math to buy a 12month wow subscription fee to get Diablo III even exist.
    Why not? I was planning on being around for the next 12 months anyway. So I get D3 for free and guaranteed beta access. It's a win for me. I don't have to buy D3 now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Why not? I was planning on being around for the next 12 months anyway. So I get D3 for free and guaranteed beta access. It's a win for me. I don't have to buy D3 now.
    Well that deal wasn't aimed at you. You are actually the type of player Blizzard hates to see signing this deal. The deal was supposed to attract perma/tempo quitters.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Same here. I'll keep playing, because I'll always find something to do in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Well that deal wasn't aimed at you. You are actually the type of player Blizzard hates to see signing this deal. The deal was supposed to attract perma/tempo quitters.
    Yep and now we know why Blizz announced it at Blizzcon: To prevent the numbers from falling more and to get a few of the quitters back to subscribing and thus binding them 12 months to their will.

Deleted
    It's kinda optimistic for me. Blizzard will stand on their ears to make us - subscribers - not quit, by releasing better content, working harder on our game.

I'm happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twuz View Post
    People qqing about people talking about wow being dead out number the wow being dead people like 10:1
    ^That. So many people in this thread are foaming at the mouth complaining about people who don't even exist. I think people are just creating arguments in their head so they can then post disproving that argument, it's the only way they can think of to defend their game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john67 View Post
    ^That. So many people in this thread are foaming at the mouth complaining about people who don't even exist. I think people are just creating arguments in their head so they can then post disproving that argument, it's the only way they can think of to defend their game.
    The bold part would make a great sig, sadly my current one is too awesome for me to change it.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.