Cooking and Fishing

Hi there

I've been reading some threads about leveling cooking, whilst leveling fishing, In most guides, its recommended to level these simultaneously, but I cant seem to find that many benefits from fishing, when leveling up cooking..

So my question is, have I overlooked something, maybe to guides i've been reading wasnt updated? Is there someway to avoid traveling around Azeroth, killing various bears, wolfs and raptors?

Deleted
    It is merely because it is more convenient to do both at once as the mats for fishing will actually be used for something, otherwise low level fish are generally useless. If you don't use fish, you will have to actually farm and kill animals and still have to do the boring fishing later (if you want to max fishing), or buy the mats on the AH.

Although these days I think a lot of people just spam their fishing up in orgrimmar (or just level it casually from doing the daily, or don't bother with it at all)... and just buy the mats for cooking off the AH.

Deleted
    wowalism.com/wow-professions/wow-fishing-and-cooking-guide.html#leveling_fishing_and_cooking_225

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnackie View Post
    Hi there

I've been reading some threads about leveling cooking, whilst leveling fishing, In most guides, its recommended to level these simultaneously, but I cant seem to find that many benefits from fishing, when leveling up cooking..

So my question is, have I overlooked something, maybe to guides i've been reading wasnt updated? Is there someway to avoid traveling around Azeroth, killing various bears, wolfs and raptors?
    Usually you can buy vendor recipes for fish dishes!

For example: In Zangermash you can buy cooking recipes for fish that are caught in Zangermash..

In regards to your last question: I always use the AH to level my cooking.. Check on both recipes if you don't want to go get them yourself. (Note that they are on the AH for ~40g while they cost 2g at the vendor)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Although these days I think a lot of people just spam their fishing up in orgrimmar (or just level it casually from doing the daily, or don't bother with it at all)... and just buy the mats for cooking off the AH.
    So is it worth it to spend time leveling both? Im thinking of trying to get some gold using these professions, but I dont feel like spending +50 hours of fishing, if its not worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by Methsz View Post
    wowalism.com/wow-professions/wow-fishing-and-cooking-guide.html#leveling_fishing_and_cooking_225
    Nice! Thank you! Just the guide I was looking for!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi
    Best way to level cooking is within the upcoming Pilgrim's Bounty world event. You can level up to ~350 with little gold and effort spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere uBu View Post
    Hi
    Best way to level cooking is within the upcoming Pilgrim's Bounty world event. You can level up to ~350 with little gold and effort spent.
    There are plenty of people waiting for this event for precisely this reason. It won't get you to Seafood Magnifique but it will shorten the time to get there.

Of course, this won't get you the sweet chef hat...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pere uBu View Post
    Hi
    Yep so true, it got me to somewhere around 350 and blazed it to 450 withing a day =) gave allot of achievements to like 25 recipes / 50 recipes etc .. this event was fun =)

as a high level character, I agree that the best way to leveling cooking in Pilgrim's Bounty. very fast. and I get to almost 350 half an hour!

I used Pilgrim's Bounty just today, went from 50-425 in half an hour.

But really, at least on ONE of your toons (main, I suppose), you should have both professions maxed. It's handy to have access to fishing should you ever need it.

On the flipside, you don't really need fishing skill, as long as you fish from schools of fish.

But yes, there are advantages to leveling them together, so long as you know where to acquire the proper recipes.