Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    ... I will work on a list, but your best bet is to take the EJ trinket rankings and manually add on the value of the primary stats on it by multiplying the stat weighting you get for the trinket's primary stat when simming your character.
    I've done what you asked and "added" in the passive stat on the trinkets and the problem im facing is that a couple trinkets are over taking Will of Unbinding. For example Simulationcraft 4.3 Live Build 15005:

Will of Unbinding (403 Ilvl) - 38390 Dps
    Cunning of Cruel (397 Ilvl) - 36517 Dps

Intellect is worth 4.334 DPS according to the Pathwerk style scale factors, 458*4.334=1984.97.
    So CoC's estimated proc valued at 36517 + 1985 for the passive intellect = 38501.

So Destruction's #1 Trinket would be CoC coupled with WofU.
    I must be doing something wrong cause WofU seems stupidly good over all other trinkets.

Please review and advise.

the coc proc is very good, I'd believe that but there could be some error

---------- Post added 2011-12-01 at 05:42 PM ----------

also looking at the trinket post thread I have yet to edit in yes coc normal is better than wou normal and heroic wou overtakes heroiccoc

Deleted
    Is it worth it to go for the haste cap by dropping hit? I'm in 10m and the loot dropping appears to not have been made any more intelligent so it will take ages for me to gear up. Currently I can drop about 2% hitrating and maybe 50 int or so to push for the 2589 haste threshold. My question really is, is the threshold enough of a dps increase to compensate dropping hit and int?

I've done a few sims lately on my lock regarding critical vs mastery. I recently got a few items from DS which regrettably dropped my haste
    but I guess it will all straighten out in the long run.
    Anyways I was sitting at 1194 critical unbuffed and the sim showed that mastery was better so I reforged
    with that in mind, dropping my critical to 652 unbuffed.
    With mastery as a prio over crit my dps dropped by 8 which is nothing really. However now the sim shows
    that crit is better than mastery. So I was thinking that maybe there is a "soft" cap for crit.
    I am guessing that it should be around 15-16% crit (unbuffed) but I haven't had the time to sim more. Has anyone come across this issue?
    Maybe it's just me being at the turning point between crit and mastery. Since I can't post links and in case someone wants to sim me,
    my toon is EU Tarlax at Twilight's Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Is it worth it to go for the haste cap by dropping hit? I'm in 10m and the loot dropping appears to not have been made any more intelligent so it will take ages for me to gear up. Currently I can drop about 2% hitrating and maybe 50 int or so to push for the 2589 haste threshold. My question really is, is the threshold enough of a dps increase to compensate dropping hit and int?
    Eh if you're losing that much hit and haste it probably wouldn't be a gain. Your best bet is just hold off until you get a piece of gear that has haste in a slot that doesn't have haste for you right now.

---------- Post added 2011-12-02 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bidis View Post
    I've done a few sims lately on my lock regarding critical vs mastery. I recently got a few items from DS which regrettably dropped my haste
    but I guess it will all straighten out in the long run.
    Anyways I was sitting at 1194 critical unbuffed and the sim showed that mastery was better so I reforged
    with that in mind, dropping my critical to 652 unbuffed.
    With mastery as a prio over crit my dps dropped by 8 which is nothing really. However now the sim shows
    that crit is better than mastery. So I was thinking that maybe there is a "soft" cap for crit.
    I am guessing that it should be around 15-16% crit (unbuffed) but I haven't had the time to sim more. Has anyone come across this issue?
    Maybe it's just me being at the turning point between crit and mastery. Since I can't post links and in case someone wants to sim me,
    my toon is EU Tarlax at Twilight's Hammer.
    Crit and mastery switch around pretty frequently with different gear. With dragonsoul gear and higher stats in general mastery will scale better so as we get better DS gear mastery will come further ahead than crit. It's probably just your specific gear setup that you have right now that's causing the fluctuation between crit and mastery. For example the rag trinket tends to push crit up a few tenths of a point in value.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something that's worth mentioning concerning crit vs mastery:
    The worth of mastery depends a lot on what percentage of your damage is fire. Note that corruption,shadowflame dot and bane of doom are all shadow damage. In fights where these are not optimally used (say spine of Deathwing) mastery might be more valuable.

Hey,

I'm a long time lurker who enjoys reading the forums. They have helped me alot Now I'm turning to your guys/girls help once again.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it feels like I should be doing a bit more DPS then 12-14k in the new Heroic instances. (This would be boss fights only). Here is a link to my character. Maybe my gear might be off? Gems? Enchants? (Can't post links yet).

Franet
    Grizzly Hills
    Deadly Drunks

I did notice I don't have my boots enchanted yet, so that could be a factor. For my belt, I decided with 2 haste gems because, as you can see, my Haste isn't that great (I've heard Destro should have close to 30%?).

My rotation is:

Soulborn+Soulfire to open the boss battle
    Demon Soul + Lifeblood + 2nd trinket
    immolate
    Conflagrate
    Bane of Doom
    Corruption
    Incinerate
    Shadowflame (If in melee range)
    Shadowbolt (if time permits)

Rinse and repeat.

I use my imp, I use Doomguard or Inferno depending on the situation.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to increase my DPS.

Any help will be appriecated.

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowbolt as destro??? NO

Quote Originally Posted by Franet View Post

Thank you
    Ditch the Shadowbolt. No no bad no. You're a fire spec, embrace it. Refer to the rotation in the main post.

Ditch the pure haste gems. Even if you're low on haste, you can get it via gear or by reforging. Gem INT. If you have a good socket bonus, go ahead and use an orange gem if need be but otherwise skip the yellow haste gems.

For your foot enchant, use the Stam/Speed or the Mastery/Speed foot enchant (I forget the name, sorry) instead. Sure, you lose a small amount of haste but movement speed is a benefit that cannot be measured in stats. If you need to get somewhere, getting there still alive rather than dead or being able to be in position sooner to start casting is helpful.

You're slightly over hit cap, not a huge deal, but once you get a good set of gear, be sure to check out wowreforge.com or askmrrobot.com to tweak your reforging. No sense losing out stats to hit you can't use

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franet View Post
    Hey,

I'm a long time lurker who enjoys reading the forums. They have helped me alot Now I'm turning to your guys/girls help once again.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it feels like I should be doing a bit more DPS then 12-14k in the new Heroic instances. (This would be boss fights only). Here is a link to my character. Maybe my gear might be off? Gems? Enchants? (Can't post links yet).

Franet
    Grizzly Hills
    Deadly Drunks

I did notice I don't have my boots enchanted yet, so that could be a factor. For my belt, I decided with 2 haste gems because, as you can see, my Haste isn't that great (I've heard Destro should have close to 30%?).

My rotation is:

Soulborn+Soulfire to open the boss battle
    Demon Soul + Lifeblood + 2nd trinket
    immolate
    Conflagrate
    Bane of Doom
    Corruption
    Incinerate
    Shadowflame (If in melee range)
    Shadowbolt (if time permits)

Rinse and repeat.

I use my imp, I use Doomguard or Inferno depending on the situation.

Thank you
    Well first of all you need the Immolate prime glyphed instead of incinerate. And drop shadowbolt and go for pure incinerate as mentioned above. Even if you'r below haste threshold you should not have such a low dps so you rotation/dot uptime/blowing CDs is probably off. And since you is probably using Imp as you'r minion of choice I dont find it wise to blow DS before you have applied your dots and all..since the crit only applies to cast time destro spec (incinerate/CB/SF/immolate direct dmg and not tick). So basically you need 100% uptime on immolate/corruption/BoD and selfbuffed ISF. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Deleted
    Awesome guide! Thnx

for me the hard part of being destro is keeping ISF buff up all the time
    sometimes my imp doesn't feel like giving an instant one but im reaching 24k dps with crappy gear so i can't complain
    awesome guide n_n

Deleted
    Question:
    After 1681 haste (non-goblin cap iirc), should I start dumping haste into mastery/crit based on my spreadsheet results?

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon the Conqueror View Post
    Question:
    After 1681 haste (non-goblin cap iirc), should I start dumping haste into mastery/crit based on my spreadsheet results?
    2681 is what you mean I think. And depends what your stat weights come out as after you reach it. There's no way to know without simming first.

Deleted
    I have reached haste cap without reforging anything into haste in my current gear..Now i'm aiming for crit cap so I wonder at what % do i get anough crit and focus on mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlock View Post
    I have reached haste cap without reforging anything into haste in my current gear..Now i'm aiming for crit cap so I wonder at what % do i get anough crit and focus on mastery?
    there is no crit cap, mastery just scales better with gear so eventually it becomes a better stat than crit or haste. even after haste thresholds haste is going to be your best stat for a good while until you're in much more heroic DS gear or reach much much higher levels of haste. your best choice is to sim your character after every gear upgrade and reforge accordingly. if you don't know how, post your character and I or someone else can do it for you. You can pm me if you're not comfortable posting.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-12-08 at 07:11 PM.

Deleted
    there is no crit cap, mastery just scales better with gear so eventually it becomes a better stat than crit or haste. even after haste thresholds haste is going to be your best stat for a good while until you're in much more heroic DS gear or reach much much higher levels of haste. your best choice is to sim your character after every gear upgrade and reforge accordingly. if you don't know how, post your character and I or someone else can do it for you. You can pm me if you're not comfortable posting.
    So i should still go for haste even after threshold is being reached? :O

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tlock/advanced

I'm simming you right now with your boots enchant switched to haste (which I would also recommend doing as an interum means to reach the extra BL tick threshold until you replace another piece of gear that lets you reach it with lavawalker - another option would just be to switch out one of your red gems for a int/haste gem for the time being just to reach the threshold although you'll lose more dps by doing so but keep the run speed enchant) for the purpose of answering this for you personally right now. Be back with results in a few~

edit: goddammit you're a goblin lol, I missed that. Redoing with just the boot enchant for the extra immolate tick during BL/hero threshold (2527 haste)

edit2: with the 50 haste enchant on boots bringing you to 2572 haste, your stat weights were as follows:

crit: 1.4602
    haste: 1.5720
    mastery: 1.4814

As you can see even after the immolate tick during BL threshold haste maintains its position as your best stat until you reach much higher levels of gear (~1/4-1/2 heroic gear as a very general rule of thumb). It also devalues regardless once you reach the ~3000 mark as a goblin (not sure the exact value but if your haste gets up there you can probably reforge it down to below 3k and gain some dps). Hope this helped.
    Last edited by gakpad; 2011-12-09 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    edit: goddammit you're a goblin lol, I missed that. Redoing with just the boot enchant for the extra immolate tick during BL/hero threshold.
    Well yeah what else would I be? I am allready getting that xtra tick of immolate..Now that i have 20.89% unbuffed but after the haste buffs(1.2089 * 1.03(DI) * 1.05(spriest)) i reach 30.74 which is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlock View Post
    Well yeah what else would I be? I am allready getting that xtra tick of immolate..Now that i have 20.89% unbuffed but after the haste buffs(1.2089 * 1.03(DI) * 1.05(spriest)) i reach 30.74 which is enough?
    You have enough haste to get an extra tick all the time, getting a little more nets you an extra tick during bloodlust/hero as well that could skew the value of haste if I simmed you below it.