Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grughk View Post
    Tauren are a spin on minotaurs and Draenei are an alien spin on the faun/satyr. Despite what people say, as a playable race, Pandaren are a pretty massive change. It's like making the walrus people or kobalds playable. It feels and looks weird.

That, and most people just aren't that into the China inspired theme. While Japanese a aesthetic and appeal are well accepted, China and it's look are often associated with gold farmers, communism, slave labor, lead paint, corporate outsourcing, potential war rivals and national debt.

Americans don't like China or anything associated with it.

MoP is a mistake.

Or, y'know... NINJAS.

edit: And gunpowder and paper.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Pandaria is based on ancient China. You know, the one we had a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...I thought Shinto shrines and shiminawa wraps are more of a Japanese culture than Korean.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=21030

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29313

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=4184

Definitely Korean.

I kinda wish instead of Pandas Blizzard would have introduced actual Asian looking humans as playable characters.Take Guild Wars Factions for example which was an Asian themed continent of Cantha where two warring factions, the Luxons and the Kurzicks are locked in a global persistent war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guild_Wars_Factions
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

You think people don't like pandas because their racist? what a random idiotic idea. Theres a massive thriving weeaboo community of westerners creaming themselves for anything asian, manga anime conventions etc. An asian theme is probably the best marketing idea yet to appeal to the most people.

It's because they're making an expansion about teddy bears, that's really it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi View Post
    It's because they're making an expansion about teddy bears, that's really it.
    Clearly, you're just against western-people-on-teddy-bear relationships. This is all the fault of those who think like you.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

anyone else just think OP is kind of racist and judgemental?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    anyone else just think OP is kind of racist and judgemental?
    read every page

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So, you're saying that the reason people don't like Mists of Pandaria is because they're all racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I think you just broke my SarcasMeter

Honestly? I believe the majority of complainers are people who should have quit playing a long time ago, but continues anyway. And they have all decided to launch a crusade to convert all us happy WoW players to whatever they end up playing when they finally find out how to unsub.
    Where can i download one of those?

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    You think people don't like pandas because their racist? what a random idiotic idea. Theres a massive thriving weeaboo community of westerners creaming themselves for anything asian, manga anime conventions etc. An asian theme is probably the best marketing idea yet to appeal to the most people.
    Except that marketing idea has divided the WOW community more than any other marketing idea in its history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    MMOC: where everyone's opinion is worthy of a thread.
    I disagree!

[Locked] Seriously.. I appreciate the time the OP put into his post but come on.. this can't go anywhere constructive.