Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Manufacturing Warranties

I have bought all my parts to build my computer and I have been looking around the paperwork I have received, and none
    says anything about registering the products!

Do any of my parts need to be registered to be covered my by there warranty or I'm I automatically covered?

See my Sig for parts!

Thanks a bunch!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most companies just want the serial number and a copy of the invoice at the time of the RMA.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Most companies just want the serial number and a copy of the invoice at the time of the RMA.
    Cool! So that means I don't have to register anything correct?

Deleted
    Some company's will extend your waranty if you register the parts.. for example PNY extend it to 3 years from 2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    I have bought all my parts to build my computer and I have been looking around the paperwork I have received, and none
    says anything about registering the products!

Do any of my parts need to be registered to be covered my by there warranty or I'm I automatically covered?

See my Sig for parts!

Thanks a bunch!
    Where are you in the world? This will make a difference.

Here in the UK the manufacturer has no legal obligation to you unless you purchased directly from them. The obligation is held by the seller.

The manufacturer will often ask you to register so that you can obtain support from them directly often longer than the seller is willing to provide.

I would register every time purely because it takes so little time and there is often a time limit on such things that I may regret a few months or years down the line.

Depends where you live.
    In EU there is 2 years mandatory warranty to the retailer and the only thing you need to get it is the receipt.
    You usually get a separate warranty with the serial number of the product. This warranty is attached to the receipt, and both are presented together if something goes wrong.
    There is also a 30 day period in which they should fix the problem, otherwise they need to replace the product or return you the money.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-11-10 at 05:02 PM.

Yeah always a good idea to register, some companies have drastic warranty extensions, like from the standard 3 year warranty to lifetime when registered. Best to do it ASAP since some companies have strange policies like you have to register it within 30 days of receipt to be covered etc. Also it's usually required for any type of customer support from the manufacturer, better to get the registration process done while you have all the paperwork fresh and in front of you then trying to register it down the road and can't find the info you need.

170 Mounts and counting...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the USA, Pennsylvania!